Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I don't think, that you have to set-up the torrc file. I also followed the instruction on page 12 and also couldn't get rs to start (on ubuntu 20.04) with the following error:
Code:
tor:Jun 11 16:57:46.863 [warn] Failed to parse/validate config: Unknown option 'HiddenServiceDirectory'.  Failing.
Undoing the changes to the file leaded to a successful start with working tor. Right now, I'm not quite sure if it is working correctly, because I had to create a new profile (again 😟 )
AFAIK you do not have to configure Tor - RS does it automatically and starts Tor with RS specific config file.
God I loved going through Bzorl's files. 😊 Are they still adding people I wonder or do I have a setup error.
So I no longer need to do the hidden_service folder, or the additional lines in the torrc file?
(15 Jun 2021, 17:04 )Comet70726 Wrote: [ -> ]So I no longer need to do the hidden_service folder, or the additional lines in the torrc file?

Didn't need to do either of those in my 0.6.6 build for Mac - all installation settings were done automatically, including Onion address - green dots just appeared everywhere in the 'Network' section. All very quick. It was an 'unofficial' build though.

Also, for anyone else struggling to set this up on a Mac, Tor needs to be installed via Homebrew - it won't work if you just install the Tor Broswer Bundle. I couldn't get it to install even with Homebrew before, so whoever compiled the 0.6.6. unofficial 'dmg' I used has maybe tweaked something to get it to work properly.
what speeds are people getting on RS when downloading/uploading? max ive seen is like 100kb/s for download. But im averaging like 4kb/s on uploads over the last 2 days. This is from like 5 different people.. Both downloads and uploads between are all so bad... Mind you i have 350Megabit download and 50Megabit upload... Also tested torrent client just now and im getting 2-3MB/S upload easily. Ive also double checked and my download/upload speed is set to maximum limit in options.. I just feel bad for people trying to download from me when they get so bad speeds 😟
(20 Jun 2021, 19:09 )xorzee Wrote: [ -> ]what speeds are people getting on RS when downloading/uploading?
I saw at least 2Mb up&down.
I'm getting max 300-400kbps at the moment, after being set up for a few days. It's set to allow more though.
The retro container on my QNAP NAS does not want to boot. I might disappear from RS until I reconfigure everything from scratch (the RS dir is safe so far, so no readding hundreds of certs again. I hope.)
(21 Jun 2021, 01:07 )bzorl Wrote: [ -> ]The retro container on my QNAP NAS does not want to boot.
Wassup?