Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm continually (even after retroshare restart) getting a message in my activity stream with the title 'SSL request' and text saying missing/damaged certificate.
It could be one of the three I've added from the certificate channel in the last couple of hours but don't know how to find these again in retroshare.
I've looked at the details and tried finding the peer id etc in my network tab to remove them but it's not appearing.

Any idea how I remove this so it stops trying to connect?
Just ignore it. Someone is trying to connect to you, and, possibly, it's not even in your peers, and not even a "normal client".
(09 Feb 2023, 02:49 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Just ignore it. Someone is trying to connect to you, and, possibly, it's not even in your peers, and not even a "normal client".
OK, thank you.
(06 Mar 2022, 00:37 )benderftw Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and for everyone:
Don't forget to visit Network > Keyring and accept everyone to grow your network! If you're new you may not know this.

I don't know of a fast built-in way of accepting HUNDREDS of people... But I do know AutoHotKey. While this is not automation, it's 1 button press instead of a bunch of clicks.
1. Save the script below in a text document. Call it `Test.ahk` for example. Press the number 0 on top of your keyboard to automatically double click the user you're hovering over and accept the request (Assuming the  accept window is thesmallest size possible - You may need to manually open one and make it as small as it goes).

Code:
$0::
{
  Click
  Click
  Sleep 50
  ControlClick, x530 y530, Retroshare profile,, Left, 1, NA
  Send {enter}
}

Hi.
Thk for the idea. Autohotkey does not work on Linux. But autokey does...

Code:
mouse.click_relative_self(0, 0, 1)
time.sleep(0.1)
mouse.click_relative_self(0, 0, 1)
time.sleep(0.1)
keyboard.send_keys("<tab><tab><tab><tab><tab><tab>")
time.sleep(0.1)
keyboard.send_keys("< >")
time.sleep(0.1)
keyboard.send_keys("<enter>")
 Here is the sript for Autokey
Just mark the line with the mouse and execute the script
Well, I don't know what's happened, but suddenly I don't see anything under Forums, Channels, or Boards. I can still see friends files, get mail, and connect to new people. However those aforementioned three that don't work just show "Loading" perpetually in the top right. Any ideas? I may just wipe this copy of the portable and start over.
Hi, some of my downloads have a 100% yellow/gold bar but don't seem to be downloading. Is there a way to resolve this? I've tried clearing my partials folder and forcing a check, but that didn't seem to work.
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem I've ran into with Retroshare. My forum and channel lists are all blank, it just get stuck on "loading" forever. Even in the activity taps, any forum notification are left blank. I can still add friends and upload/download files.

Any pointers would help, thanks!
(01 May 2023, 00:13 )longhai0 Wrote: [ -> ]I can still add friends and upload/download files.
At least something is working. As for forums, it can be caused by not having the "right" friends, who's got access to those forums or by not staying on-line long enough. So far, my suggestions are: add more friends and stay online longer.
Hey everyone I'm new to retroshare and I keep getting this error message: 

The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.

Retroshare has tried All Known Addresses, with no success
The DHT is needed if your friends have Dynamic IP Addresses.
Only Advanced Retroshare users should switch off the DHT.

Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"

It seems the portable version I installed does not support the "Private: Discovery only" setting everyone has been telling me to use.
I can still add people but it doesn't seem like I'm getting a connection. Any advice?

Edit: Seems like this is normal? It takes a while for the connections to work but now I'm able to see files and stuff.
So if you're experiencing this just sit tight and leave rs running for like a day
Planning to buy a miniPC so that I can keep Retroshare always open. Does anybody have a solution to start it again when it suddenly crashes?