Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you using Tor? Is your cert a Tor cert?
How do I add other ppl to friend list? Only thing I did is checking "Accept Connections". Do I need to sign other ppl certs?
(03 Nov 2022, 19:38 )jk31qqq Wrote: [ -> ]How do I add other ppl to friend list?
Hoe -> Add friend -> Paste cert

(03 Nov 2022, 19:38 )jk31qqq Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing I did is checking "Accept Connections".
Keep Accepting Connections!

(03 Nov 2022, 19:38 )jk31qqq Wrote: [ -> ]Do I need to sign other ppl certs?
No, don't do it.
(08 Jan 2022, 00:58 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(08 Jan 2022, 00:37 )G_Matik Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue where i have now 100% downloaded multiple files but they are not appearing in downloads folder or anywhere else for that matter. 
Sounds familiar - I've seen such complaints, but can't find the solution at the moment.

First of all - upgrade your RetroShare to the latest version.

The files can be found in the Partials folder (Preference -> Files -> Partials Directory)
The name of the "partially downloaded" file is the file hash (Files panel, right click on the file -> Details -> General -> File info -> File hash)

Check if the file can be viewed, if OK, rename it and move to the correct place.

Apparently, this is a bug, which is supposed to be fixed in version 0.6.6-12.
thankz but still no solution ive done everything you said
(17 Nov 2022, 23:50 )pinkpillz2025 Wrote: [ -> ]thankz but still no solution ive done everything you said
Did you find the files in the Partials folder?
still nothing......
Anyone having stability issues? I seem to be crashing very frequently and I cant seem to figure out why. Only "hint" is that I seem to crash faster/more often the more I look around the app. Are there logs or something I can check? Couldnt find any obvious ones
Might end up just building the latest git version from source and seeing if that helps.

Very interesting bit of software though it has me intrigued. Its very similar in concept to some Japanese p2p software Ive used previously (perfect dark and amobea) which were both very interesting to use.
I'm thinking about using RS, but i'm a little afraid of using tor, is it safe if i'm just using it for RS?
(17 Dec 2022, 01:29 )Eevee Bambi Wrote: [ -> ]using tor, is it safe
If you are not an exit node (the default mode is a "non-exit" one ), then yes, it's safe.