Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: RetroShare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like I'll have to read up a bit. What does Trusted nodes 0/41 even mean?
THe log also tells me that connections refused by remote peers
(25 Jul 2020, 16:14 )rockyrambojoe Wrote: [ -> ]What does Trusted nodes 0/41 even mean?
You added 41 peers, 0 of them are online.
Be sure the green folder appears in the shared directory if you want to share:
[attachment=42613]
Thanks for the tips! And thanks to bzorl for sharing! 🍻
Hey guys! Im having some troubles - when I add some friends it says that connection refused by remote peer. What does that mean? Ive added 80+ ppl but they are all offline :'(
(30 Jul 2020, 05:01 )akiramero Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys! Im having some troubles - when I add some friends it says that connection refused by remote peer. What does that mean? Ive added 80+ ppl but they are all offline :'(
Hi. We have to add your certificate too.
I have added your certificate so if you added mine we should connect after some time.
It may take an hour of being online.
Hey @akiramero,
I have found out I have only your profile in contacts - without node.

Your retroshare account consists of profile and nodes attached to the profile. You can have one profile and RetroShare installed on many devices. However, I don't see any of your nodes on my contact list.

Could you try making it again? I want to help you get started. You can contact me directly through PM if you want.
Quick question,

On Windows, I've installed Retroshare (portable with Tor executable included), but since it extracts instead of actually installing the program, how do I update Retroshare when there's a new version out? Since extracting a fresh new version of it will just create a separate Retroshare, but if i overwrite the existing old version with a new one, i might end up losing previous configurations, settings and data files?

Should I maybe just install Retroshare and Tor by themselves to avoid these issues? since i'll be able to update more easily and safely?  

And a few more questions: 😁
1. should i choose Hidden Node (tor) or Hidden Node (tor/i2p)?
2. once i edited torrc and created hostname with my onion address and connected successfully, i noticed the lines i added to torrc disappeared. In addition, when i logged in at a later time I noticed my onion port changed as well. is this normal?
h**ps://i.imgur.com/gUR0ofW.png
is this aight? the DHT says it's disabled and the peer lookup bar didn't fill.... that's because we're using hidden node right? DHT is meant for people doing things publicly?
4. forums and chats are both empty as well for both public and private.... but once i add enough people then they should become available right?
5. I noticed there's a clearnet available from retroshare.ch and earlier in the thread you mentioned about darknet... what's the difference?
6. if i try to add someone and they don't accept, is it possible to add/request again? (once i build up my collection more)?
7. aside from adding each cert manually, are there any certs database setup in the past to perhaps add a whole bunch at once? 😁
8. Any particular settings you would recommend changing in Retroshare? changing the download/upload speed to match my connection, number of simultaneous downloads/uploads, etc?

Sorry for asking so much questions! 😋
(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]1. should i choose Hidden Node (tor) or Hidden Node (tor/i2p)?
If you have i2pd installed, then choose tor/i2p. I2pd is a separate (tor-like) software - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed my onion port changed as well. is this normal?
Can't comment, as I'm on Linux

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]the DHT says it's disabled and the peer lookup bar didn't fill.... that's because we're using hidden node right? DHT is meant for people doing things publicly?
This is my understanding as well. If/when someone was online you can check in Network -> Keyring

And yes, @bzorl is the guy to add 😊

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]4. forums and chats are both empty as well for both public and private.... but once i add enough people then they should become available right?
Yes, absolutely.

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]5. I noticed there's a clearnet available from retroshare.ch and earlier in the thread you mentioned about darknet... what's the difference?
Tor offers more privacy, especially regarding the IP-addresses

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]6. if i try to add someone and they don't accept, is it possible to add/request again? (once i build up my collection more)?
You can just send that person an RS mail with your cert again.

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]7. aside from adding each cert manually, are there any certs database setup in the past to perhaps add a whole bunch at once?
I think the only way is to write such program by yourself, and it's also against the original nature of RS - you should add only those you are familiar with. You can also ask the developers, once the forums appear in your RS.

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]8. Any particular settings you would recommend changing in Retroshare? changing the download/upload speed to match my connection, number of simultaneous downloads/uploads, etc?
You can tell that only when you have a fully working configuration with a good number of online friends. For example, I have RS, i2p, tor, torrent running, so I have to balance the in/out going traffic, lower priority of such traffic on the Internet router, etc.

(07 Aug 2020, 19:51 )oedipusafterdark Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for asking so much questions!
You are more, than welcome, this is how we all learn 😊
(25 Jul 2020, 00:29 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Hampertinger is not active for almost 2 years.
@bzorl is the new Hampertinger 😁