Electro magnetic door lock as a self-bondage timer
Using the heavy magnetic door locks as the self-bondage timers is not a news. They were discussed many times in various forums, however, I haven’t seen any working solutions.
So let’s have a closer look at the locks and possible implementations.
Forms: from small as 4″x 2¾” x1.7″ to double sized 21″x3″x1.6″
Holding Force: from 110lb(small) to 2400lb (double sized)
Dual voltage: 12V/24V
Current draw: from 80mA/12V to 500mA/12V (two time less current at 24V)
Additional: Build-In Voltage Spike Suppressor (MOV)
- Weather proof
- Mortise or surface mount
- Wireless remote
- If there is no electricity, e.g. you are playing outside (wow!), or you do not want to be dependable on the electricity, or you do not want to use electricity for the safety reasons – you can use 12V car accumulators (requires good 12V timers)
- Suspension on the door locks is definitely NOT recommended. Imagine what happens, if:
- you are suddenly dropped down
- the moving (heavy metal) part of the lock falls on you
- Using the door lock to hold a release key/knife is NOT recommended due to low weight of the key and possible residual magnetism
- use double (daisy chained) digital timer switches for safety reasons. Should one fail – the second will release you.
- For outdoor selfbondage sessions you can use mechanical timers.
- the door locks can be used instead ice-locks
- the door locks can hold the weight in the self-tightening methods
- or it can hold you to prevent reaching the knife to cut you free
- use the wireless remote as the key in the ice/stocking method to open the door lock
- the door lock (used as a normal door lock) can lock you in a room (toilet? bathroom?). Minimum bondage can be applied in this case. For example: a gag, blindfolds, lockable butt-plug, hand cuffs. The key/knife/scissors should be in another room.
Any other ideas?
8 Responses to “Electro magnetic door lock as a self-bondage timer”