My thoughts after watching the video (from Discovery Channel) below:
- all pantyhose are originally white
- there’s still a lot of manual operations
- removing the cotton crotch panel from the design (e.g. men do not need a crotch panel in their pantyhose) should significantly reduce the costs
- how are seamless pantyhose made?
- I wonder if you can tune/tweak the pantyhose making machines to make something else like lycra tubes, bodybags, spandex suits (e.g. bodybags with legs, single-gloved suits etc). The idea is to get rid of as many seams as possible. And the final product can be preformed like pantyhose.
Also, you can see the description of the process here.