Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

speerise
Speerise Women Spandex Unitard Ballet Dancewear Turtleneck Clothes Yoga Costume Bodysuit Nylon Jumpsuit Sleeveless Classic Adult
$193.45-31%

lip plump
Instant Volumising Lip Essential Oil Increase Lips Elasticity Reduce Fine Lines Moisturizing Nourish Sexy Lip Care Plump Serum
$78.65-50%

darlingaga
Darlingaga V Neck Casual Lace Trim White Women Tshirt Fitness All-Match Korean Fashion Short Sleeve Tee Shirt Outfits Sexy Tops
$26.38-50%

app electric shock
Wireless Clit Sucker Vibrator Sex Toys for Couples G Spot Wearable Electric Shock Massager APP Control Sex Game for Adults Women
$43.84-34%

latex fetish
Hot 3D Pink Latex Pig Hood Mould Latex Rubber Fetish Animal Mask with Zipper Full Head Animal Hood
$39.68-29%

sexy pantyhose
Sexy Women's Stockings Lace Top Thigh High Summer Thin Stockings Red Transparent Over The Knee Socks Black Long Pantyhose
$1.79

anal balls
4size Anal Glass Beads Long 3cm Big Anal Plug Crystal Glass Ball Butt Plug Expander Erotic Gay Sex Toy Anal Stimulate Ball
$17.92

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

These metal handcuffs cannot be opened without a key
These metal handcuffs cannot be opened without a key
€23.50

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

80's look
(19 Aug 2020, 05:44 )tight_mike Wrote: tights are more rugged than pantyhose.
Matter of language/definition, I think. In British English they are all tights 😁 But who started calling leggings "tights"?
In my country, during 80-90's tights were 20 den (or more) footless pantyhose. Regular/normal pantyhose but thicker then 20 den are usually named Grilons.
Nowadays, thin pantyhose (max 20 den) are just "nylons", everything else are "tights", foot or footless.

Слава Україні

"We who have seen war, will never stop seeing it. In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams. So this is our story, for we were soldiers once, and young."

Joe Galloway

Quote: But who started calling leggings "tights"?

It's 'American English' I think (which means the USA in practice). Speaking as an Englishman I've never heard 'leggings' called 'tights' in 'English' English

Edit, except for 'Running tights' which in the UK are sort of unisex leggings.  A recent borrowing from our colonial friends, I think.
(20 Aug 2020, 22:06 )Culmor Wrote: Speaking as an Englishman
Is the word "maillot(s)" used for tights in English English (this is a nice one 😁) ? Or is it a synonym of "unitard"?
(20 Aug 2020, 22:21 )Like Ra Wrote:
(20 Aug 2020, 22:06 )Culmor Wrote: Speaking as an Englishman
Is the word "maillot(s)" used for tights in English English (this is a nice one 😁) ? Or is it a synonym of "unitard"?

'Maillot' isn't used at all in English, I've only ever seen it as a 'borrow word' from French in international forums.

Edit: Apologies, I should have written 'in British English'.
Interesting. "Maillot" is in Merriam-Webster but not in Oxford dictionary (I thought it would be the other way around):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maillot
Quote:mail·​lot | \ mī-ˈō, mä-ˈyō \
Definition of maillot

1 : tights for dancers or gymnasts
2 : jersey sense 1a
3 : a woman's one-piece bathing suit
(21 Aug 2020, 09:51 )Like Ra Wrote: Interesting. "Maillot" is in Merriam-Webster but not in Oxford dictionary (I thought it would be the other way around):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maillot
Quote:mail·lot | \ mī-ˈō, mä-ˈyō \
Definition of maillot

1 : tights for dancers or gymnasts
2 : jersey sense 1a
3 : a woman's one-piece bathing suit

As a fellow Englishman I'm with @Culmor on the use of maillot - until this forum I'd never heard of the term or encountered it in use.

Generally I'm amused by the different terms in use around the world for items of hosiery:

I often wondered if there was a 'technical' difference between 'tights' and 'pantyhose' (I thought that perhaps it was that pantyhose have a proper gusset and tights didn't?).

Chinese hosiery adverts (eBay, AliExpress and the rest) are constant source of frustration and/or amusement - tights/stockings/pantyhose (or even pantyhoses!) all are used for the same item... whatever it might actually be (including men's socks on occasion!)

Back on track for a moment - my fondest clothing memory of the 80's was the fashion for anthracite coloured tights, in 40-60denier, worn under a skirt that fitted tightly around the bum and upper thighs, but flared out by the ladies knees. I say this with growing excitement as I recall many a fondle of my GF's legs, running my hands up her tights, squeezing under her skirt and onwards to my desired goal.... happy, happy days! 

Cold shower time!  😁

MJ
In Dutch, "maillot" is thick (e.g. woolen, cotton) tights. Strangely enough, in NL "tights" is "panty" (and "panties" is "slip" 😉 )

(21 Aug 2020, 14:24 )madjack Wrote: Chinese hosiery adverts (eBay, AliExpress and the rest) are constant source of frustration and/or amusement - tights/stockings/pantyhose (or even pantyhoses!) all are used for the same item...
They sometimes use "socks" for tights. I even heard this from an Italian (yes, it was Davie504 😁 )

"Pantyhoses" is a typical case of hypercorrection (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercorrection)
MJ wrote

Quote:...my fondest clothing memory of the 80's was the fashion for anthracite coloured tights

They're not easy to find but Platino Luxe Fata tights are (or at least were) available in 'Anthracite'. Sizing's important with these, they're not very 'huggy'. Wolford's 'Satin de Luxe' range had a very similar shade but a little darker but I can't put my hands on mine at the moment.

Anthracite.JPG   

OK, now I'm confused...

Anthracite2.JPG   
(21 Aug 2020, 20:34 )Culmor Wrote: MJ wrote

Quote:...my fondest clothing memory of the 80's was the fashion for anthracite coloured tights

They're not easy to find but Platino Luxe Fata tights are (or at least were) available in 'Anthracite'. Sizing's important with these, they're not very 'huggy'. Wolford's 'Satin de Luxe' range had a very similar shade but a little darker but I can't put my hands on mine at the moment.

OK, now I'm confused...

Agreed, I have several pairs of Luxe Fata, including Anthracite, but they are not available in this color anymore (https://shapings.com/pantyhose/opaque/luxe-fata.html). They are not very huggy, not very stretchy, but short of Leohex, the shine and slipperyness is amazing.

To add a US perspective, pantyhose here are usually sheer, tights are usually thicker. I thought pantyhose were called tights in the UK, but not sure now either. A maillot refers to a one piece bathing suit or leotard in the US. Not used much anymore, but common in 1980s catalog advertisements. Oops sorry catalogue advertisement. Maybe it depends on the fibre in the centre, best to ask someone in theatre 😊

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
blonde in tight wet-look leggings vintagerubber67 0 3,594 13 Jul 2012, 16:44
Last Post: vintagerubber67

Contributors: Anne (1) , Bluetee (1) , bondagetom1 (3) , Culmor (7) , egregious (1) , hosefun13 (5) , latexballet (6) , Like Ra (8) , madjack (1) , MIWSTIUS (2) , tight_mike (1) , Vixien (1) , Will90MeeG (1)