Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

sexy pantyhose
130 KG New Plus Size Sexy Women Tights Warm Winter Fleece Pantyhose 120D High Waist Female Stretchy Opaque Footed Tights
$3.80

AYIYUN
AYIYUN 14kg Male Fake Asses Sex Masturbation Sex Toy Big Breast Ass Real Vagina Love Sex Doll Pocket Pusssy Silicone Half Body
$54.91-50%

metelam
Metelam Mens Ultra-Thin See-through Long Johns Underwear Soft Ice Silk Lounge Wear Pajamas Sleep Thermal Legging Pants
$14.24-34%

kigurumi mask crossdress
(AL65) Customize Character Crossdress Female/Girl Resin Half/ Full Head With Lock Cosplay Japanese Anime Game Role Kigurumi Mask
$725.99-25%

Foreskin Corrector
2PCS Male Foreskin Corrector Resistance Ring Silicone Penis Rings Delay Ejaculation Adult Sex Toys for Men Daily/Night Cock Ring
$15.60

amoresy
AMORERY New Sexy Oily Silky Elastic Tights Shiny Bottoming Jogger Running Pant Yoga Fitness Women Bathing Short Wetlook Leggings
$36.29-44%

tiaobug sissy
TiaoBug Men Lingerie Frilly Ruffled Sissy Panties High Cut Knickers Letter Printed Satin Bikini Briefs Hombre Sexy Gay Underwear
$16.13-30%

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

House of self-bondage
House of self-bondage
From €450 per week

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

Music related stuff on eBay/Aliexpress/anywhere else - instruments, equipment, etc
First songs I learned on both guitar and bass were Smoke on the Water and You Really Got Me. Both have easy guitar riffs and both have easy bass lines
(15 Feb 2022, 01:35 )Like Ra Wrote: Your mentioning Hendrix is very interesting, out of the guitar Gods, he's easily the only one I can't listen to. Tried many times - 2min max... 😆
Not even this clean studio recording?
Well, if it is not your music, don't bother. There is enough stuff out there to learn from.

How about Carlos Santana for example? "Europa" has a quite interesting bass that evolves during the piece. Crisp recording here, also interesting for very ambitious guitar beginners (except for the impro later on):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot6pSrKT1oc
Whoa.... https://www.youtube.com/c/ChamisBass/videos

While playing "by ear" is "a must" and "a fun", learning something clearly explained with notes on the fingerboard is also very useful.

Besides ... I always wanted to be able to play "The Lesson". At least the first part...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqjy6Pb5xk

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsakJNfqyX0

Yes, I know... I do believe in myself! 😉
(15 Feb 2022, 22:37 )Strappado Wrote: How about Carlos Santana for example? "Europa" has a quite interesting bass that evolves during the piece.
Interesting "ear training" exercise indeed!
To be honest, many of these "lessons" are just like painting by numbers. and you might end up paiting green skin and orange eyes.

I don't think, learning on the internet is bad, but it is often too specific where it shouldn't be or too vague, where a good explanation is needed.

Therefore, I prefer "ear training", or rather ear-finger-coordination exercises: listen to a recording, try to play along until you get it. And if some of the twiddle-dee stuff in between is too complicated, you can skip it or play something easier instead (and come back for it a year later, if it is worth it).

Of course I have no idea, how good you were on the guitar. If you were good, you "only" need to get some stamina and adjust your muscle memory to match the larger finger patterns...
(16 Feb 2022, 23:20 )Strappado Wrote: adjust your muscle memory to match the larger finger patterns...
The beauty of the ultra-short-scale basses is they are of almost the same sizes as usual guitars 😊 And generally bass is easier to play:

o- less strings (OK, usually, at least I have a 4-string bass 😆)
o- fully symmetrical (default "all 4th" tuning, also for 6-string basses), so same patterns for all strings, less to remember
o- no need to remove your nails on one side of the fingers and grow them on another 😂 (yeeehhaaaa!!)
o- fretting strings is much easier

(16 Feb 2022, 23:20 )Strappado Wrote: To be honest, many of these "lessons" are just like painting by numbers. and you might end up painting green skin and orange eyes.
Sure, that's possible. Still, it's a good start, and you can choose. Also, there are so many tricks available, that can make your life easier and learning faster! Absence of such tutorials led to abandoning my guitar completely.

(16 Feb 2022, 23:20 )Strappado Wrote: I prefer "ear training"
..is a must anyway
(17 Feb 2022, 01:25 )Like Ra Wrote: Still, it's a good start, and you can choose. Also, there are so many tricks available, that can make your life easier and learning faster! Absence of such tutorials led to abandoning my guitar completely.

Now I have learned something: The reason, why I insist that learning by ear is better than by tabs and tutorials (this refers strictly to pop, rock and jazz music, where sheet music is an unusual way to communicate music). When you learn by ear, you have to solve a lot of problems on your own which means, you have to explore the instrument much more than someone who picks up the tricks of others. But there is the danger of producing bad habits. However, tricks from others can develop bad habits as well. This is just my way of learning - not only instruments, and there are many more. And I think, any method that doesn't stop you playing is good. For me, my method is best of course 😁
I would say, all ways should be taught in parallel: ear training, fretboard learning, solfege, note learning, finger position training, scales, etc. And trying to play music and enjoy at the same time. You can't miss any.

For example, while learning "The Lesson" (which is in Gm), I have to learn Gm scale, notes of high frets, and playing ghost notes. I think it's more than enough for this lesson (pun intended). Ear training goes separately. I found ear training is much simpler and more effective on a piano - you can take one particular note only in one place, and visualization is much easier.

BTW, playing an instrument enhances my keyboard typing. What means - new neural paths are being created!
(17 Feb 2022, 03:50 )Like Ra Wrote: BTW, playing an instrument enhances my keyboard typing. What means - new neural paths are being created!

I actually decided to give the 10-finger typing system a try because I played piano and thought it should be easy. It worked pretty well 😁
(17 Feb 2022, 23:01 )Strappado Wrote: I actually decided to give the 10-finger typing system a try
My kids can type blindly with 10 fingers, but I, an all life computer guy, can not! So, yes, it's in my TOD list!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Aliexpress special discounts and promo codes Like Ra 3 2,347 02 May 2024, 03:02
Last Post: Like Ra
Computer related things on Ali/eBay/whatever Like Ra 61 2,840 24 Dec 2023, 19:58
HiFi/Audio/Video equipment on Ali/eBay/whatever Like Ra 34 1,457 21 Oct 2023, 03:36
Smartphone related things on Ali/eBay/whatever Like Ra 4 156 27 Aug 2022, 23:53
Strange, unexpected, outrageous or plainly weird items on Aliexpress or eBay Like Ra 30 3,267 06 Nov 2021, 21:50

Contributors: B1u3 (1) , EmilyCS (1) , essanym (2) , Like Ra (65) , Strappado (8) , thominhose (13) , vanessa_fetish (23)