Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

thierry bondage
Thierry PU Leather Dog Paw Gloves Bdsm Bondage Restraint Handcuffs Mittens Couple Flirting Sex toys Puppy Play Adult games
$24.89-22%

click lock bondage cage
Penis Lock Chastity Device Set Small Long Male Padlock Penis Cock Cage Click & Lock Bondage Belt Cock Ring Slave Restrained Man
$7.02-35%

latex catsuit
Latex Catsuit Handmade Sexy Rubber Bodysuit 3D Breast with Back Crotch Zipper for Men Women Customize Latex Suit
$160.31-35%

sorbern crotch
Sorbern Hard Boots Women Over The Knee Crotch Thigh High Female Boots Custom Wide Calf Online Shopping 18Cm High Heel Pointy Toe
$204.49-12%

tusk chastity
Removable Slide Cap Humanized Cock Cage NEW TUSK Design 2 Types Penis Rings Available Adult Sex Toys Male Chastity Device
$180.87

hypnosis device
Hand Wearing Sleep Aid Band Ces Therapy Better Sleep Instrument Improve Sleep Hypnosis Device Relief Anxiety Insomnia for Health
$344.85-50%

anime bondage
Anime Bunny Mask Alluring Sexy Rabbit Ears Ears Bondage Mask Masquerade Party Cosplay KTV Night Club
$4.69-47%

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

House of self-bondage
House of self-bondage
From €450 per week

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

Favourite, interesting or "playing now" music
Greetings there Folks.

As such appears with other members here I've an appreciation with a wide vista of music, especially those original long hair sorts and have need to say that JS Bach may be considered to be the first “jazz” musician as he experimented with what was during his time quite definitely “odd” beats and meters such as ¾ and even 7/8. Previous to his time most “heavy” music was on an organ and any that even by mistake to play a minor chord risked being burned at the stake as that was a sure sign of being under the influence of the Devil. Mind you keyboardists of even modest proficiency were rare as few had opportunity to explore musical careers well enough to explore boundaries.

With that said, my fav genre of music would be Progressive Rock, a term that covers lots and continues today. Back in the late 60's many considered King Crimson to be the definement of refined sophisticated music associated with the term and Jimi Hendrix claimed (at the time) they were the finest band in the World. High praise from another that set new standards.

Which brings me to Flash, a criminally overlooked English band from 1971 formed with two original members from Yes and has been many times compared to Yes as “Yes Light”. There was a similarity though Flash was much wider in their sonic structuring, certainly less commercially oriented and had a considerably broader style employing quick time changes and wonderful interplay's with obvious while subtle classic music influences recognizable among the knowledgeable. The main driver was Peter Banks, a gifted guitarist at an early age that infused many different elegant styles into a not overly complex but somewhat difficult to listen to songs for the “normals” expecting predictability. They only put out three albums (LP's) and another “live” (released long after their demise). The song “Small Beginnings” was released in two versions- one aimed at the AM Top 40 radio market which received some success and the original for FM play. The best single song is “Dreams of Heaven” which incorporates a multitude of styles from not sit still driving rock to pure jazz riffs which showcase Peter's (and the rest of the bands) prowess. The other musicians were no sludges as the the bass player on that aforementioned song lays out smashingly outrageous jazz bass lines. Nice three part harmonies to boot.

Unfortunately, the first album lacked luster as the choice of songs always mystified me as they failed entirely at display of the bands talent. I had chance to see them twice and there was NO disappointment. Peter played a Gibson 335 (though I have seen pics with a Les Paul) and the bass player utilized a Richenbacher bass which has rarely been associated with jazz in any manner and the drummer was a very classic straight forward styled jazzer versatile enough to fill with frills never lacking and fitting perfectly. They were also a delight live and pretty close to their recordings which is in itself a rarity as what is recorded and represented on stage is often quite divorced. The best group I've ever seen in that regard was Genesis of which I've fond memories and am still awed at their technical proficiencies.

As with any group of artists, there was acrimony which led to dissolution. Consider such thus: keeping any number of artists, no matter the medium but especially ego driven musicians is akin to being married to more than one, especially when on “the road” and little aggravations become amplified which has caused many a groups demise. Fortunately the music (long out of print) is again available via a number of venues and to any with interest in the Prog Rock of the era may be worth sampling.

Cheers,
Dworkin
(02 Oct 2018, 14:22 )Dworkin Wrote: imi Hendrix claimed (at the time) they were the finest band in the World. High praise from another that set new standards.
I still don't get Jimi's music. I wonder if you need to be a musician to understand and appreciate all the scales, progressions and inventiveness. But I would chose (among the non "directly" jazz ones) Steve Vai, Zappa, Guthrie Govan, Gilmore, Knopfler, Buckethead or Tommy Emmanuel. All are very different, different styles, but they can cock my ears and move me.
(02 Oct 2018, 14:22 )Dworkin Wrote: Which brings me to Flash, a criminally overlooked English band
Never head of it. Going to investigate...
(02 Oct 2018, 14:50 )Like Ra Wrote:
(02 Oct 2018, 14:22 )Dworkin Wrote: imi Hendrix claimed (at the time) they were the finest band in the World. High praise from another that set new standards.
I still don't get Jimi's music. I wonder if you need to be a musician to understand and appreciate all the scales, progressions and inventiveness. But I would chose (among the non "directly" jazz ones) Steve Vai, Zappa, Guthrie Govan, Gilmore, Knopfler, Buckethead or Tommy Emmanuel. All are very different, different styles, but they can cock my ears and move me.

Jimi experimented with sounds that had never been recorded before and created sonics the same. When he was in the US Army he would experiment in the barracks and one day the rest of his "mates" wrecked his amp as they were annoyed quite. Back when there were very few effects available (those boxes on the floor that many guitarists use) which were basically a "Fuzz Box (to make a guitar sustain with a real jagged sawtooth sound distortion) and Wah-Wah Pedals. He used feedbackin nmanners never known before. Interestingly, feedback was well known and used live- John Lennon was the first to record it. Jimi in such regard was way ahead of his time and put many musicians literally on their ear, Pete Townsend was among them. My opinion was Jimi was not all that good- he simply did that which was definitely new and I liked the group much better than he himself. And I admit, I never came anywhere near close to emulating any of his sounds. Yup, I admit envy. Still, that first album, yum. And, he (they) used to warm up the Monkees. All with the exception of Mike Nesmith (of the Monkees) were mad banshee partiers and Jimi said they all got on most well and had a swell time. Odd combination perhaps those two entirely different groups but that was marketing back in the 60's and beyond.
From what I understand Jimi was mostly praised for harmonies, not for the sound, but I might confuse something.
Let me attempt to place this from different angles. Jimi came on the scene at a time of upheaval where the youth of the day no longer was willing to accept the status quo and there were many events to happen during this time. With no particular order, these were the beginning days of miniskirts before pantyhose/tights which many a Legster has a fondness about. Good, fun drugs were at the forefront- pot and particularly LSD and Jimi's music just went together (along with innumerable other music and groups) and the rebellious existent nature therein melded into the proverbial "us vs them". The sexual revolution was in full swing, part of a series zodiac configurations (sorry, there are still parts of English beyond me) that had huge impact on society all over the World. All of this together caused an evolution in that things would never be the same. I was quite taken by Jimi and others though I was straight as Hell (though many did wonder as I was always, well, lets say different) and a flag waving patriot. Drugs were not part of my personal equation but the music sure was. Jimi came along at just the right time. Had he not no doubt someone else would have. Right place, right time. Ted Nugent who I have minor history with jammed with Jimi and upset a few by saying he was good but burned out (which unfortunately was true) though few were to know and fewer to notice even today. He peaked and went away. However, in his day he set the music (and more ) world aflame and I'll be one to echo that acclaim. I do hope wherever he went there are guitars available....
(03 Oct 2018, 00:35 )Dworkin Wrote: Right place, right time.
Oh yes, to understand and appreciate some "things" they must happen at the right moment. Not later, not earlier. You must be ready, yet not spoiled by more progressive and/or advanced creations. That's why I was never able to like Beatles and Rolling Stones. OK, except a pair of melodic jewels, and, to be honest, I prefer covers.

(03 Oct 2018, 00:35 )Dworkin Wrote: particularly LSD
Psychedelics also happened at the right time. Funny, I've just stumbled upon this Steve Jobs' quote: "Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life." However, I'm pretty much sure, that non-medical use of psychedelics might help only mentally rigid (in the "extremely conservative" sense, "inflexible", "stubborn", not "retarded") people, like Steve Jobs. At least, this is the impression I got from him and his creations. The rest should be able to progress without.

But I digress...
About covers. I wonder if someone noticed that it's pretty much impossible to create decent covers of particular music, like Pink Floyd. But for King Crimson there is an exception - "Crimson Jazz Trio". I love them!

21st century Schizoid man:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6Ptqw3DYc

I talk to the wind:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B5CLIOs3HU

The trio was founded by Ian Wallace, former drummer of King Crimson.
Pulled this off YouTube.

Source: https://youtu.be/PnBL5dXDTgk

The Nazz was a group from the later 60's This song in particular has fantastic energy, balance, drive and I really like the drummer who is not "flashy" but is another who did not sit still. I think I'd really have to work to get his parts right myself. Also notable, the guitarist was Todd Rundgren and the band was "young" for the time, teens when hippie groups of the era were generally in their mid to later 20's. Allow explanation concerning these times. This was part of the "us vs them" when any over 30 were considered the "enemy" and were old. Rare to find those on either side of that age group to mix freely and it caused numerous problems in business and socially. Nazz was a refreshingly young crew and enjoyed modest success on both the AM and FM dials. I simply consider this a great ass song. Lastly, while I am at it, does anyone know how to download the music from a YouTube vid? As said, I lack the help of a six year old concerning nuances of keyboard dancing and Hell, I'm still trying to get the VCR to quit flashing.

Hope you enjoy.

Best, 
Dworkin
(08 Oct 2018, 14:11 )Dworkin Wrote: I really like the drummer who is not "flashy" but is another who did not sit still.
Indeed! Good definition 😊

(08 Oct 2018, 14:11 )Dworkin Wrote: This song in particular has fantastic energy, balance
Agree, but on the other hand, it can be easily confused with and hidden by other stuff from the late 60's. Nothing "stands out". It can be used as a tutorial how to play "that music" with "just a little bit of frills" 😉 So, I wouldn't listen to it again, unless I'm an advanced learning musician or a bass-guitar beginner. Or did I miss anything? Again, I'm not a musician and I can easily overlook or underappreciate something. It's like I can't appreciate Ringo Starr, but I've heard from other drummers, that he's brilliant in letting others do what they need.

(08 Oct 2018, 14:11 )Dworkin Wrote: does anyone know how to download the music from a YouTube vid?
I think we need a tutorial. I've just discovered a very effective command line program, but it's for Linux.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Like-RA Store Now Open!! LeotardLover 3 1,134 25 Feb 2020, 12:34
Last Post: Frank
Favourite drink. The inspector 9 2,183 28 Jun 2019, 21:55
Last Post: Like Ra
Persian Classical Music Strappado 1 3,395 12 Sep 2010, 18:18
Last Post: Culmor
We had Indian music, now... Strappado 0 2,875 02 Sep 2010, 22:09
Last Post: Strappado
Indian Classical Music Strappado 2 3,545 14 May 2010, 23:07
Last Post: Like Ra