Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Bellmar's Bambi project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
ok, I slowed it down 10%, took out the Bambi drone, manually created a 4 hertz beat and flanged it at 4 hertz, and turned it up a bit.  Also added a 50% left to right pan to the main track and the tracks that are constant (moans, squeaks and creaks). seems I didn't save the backgrounds I had (I must fall asleep, I can not stay awake, ect...) also, thanks for the audacity screen caps, I didn't realize I was so far out of date on versions lol I was using a 2.X version. It feels more "trancy" to me, but I haven't done a proper laydown and see test yet.  I'm not sure about using flanged beats, I like it at first listen let me know what you think.

[attachment=60929]  

The 3.3.3 version of Audacity runs much  smoother on my laptop, I wasn't able to adjust the tempo with the old version I was running, laptop couldn't handle it and it crashed to desktop.  Just in case anyone is having similar trouble.
(24 Oct 2023, 20:43 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realize I was so far out of date on versions lol I was using a 2.X version.
Yeah, the current one is 3.3.3 😊 BTW, some plugins and Nyquist progs might not be compatible between 2.x and 3.x.
(24 Oct 2023, 20:43 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]ok, I slowed it down 10%, took out the Bambi drone, manually created a 4 hertz beat and flanged it at 4 hertz, and turned it up a bit.  Also added a 50% left to right pan to the main track and the tracks that are constant (moans, squeaks and creaks).
Nice one! Sounds like a kids fairy tale!

For the additional voices (besides the main two) I would use a more severe panning to the sides.
The flanger creates quite a confusion and overload, so understanding of what's being said is quite difficult, let's hope that it's for the SCM not for CM.

I like this version much more! Thanks!

Also, "kids talk" greatly lowers the protection guards.

(24 Oct 2023, 20:43 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]It feels more "trancy" to me

Yes, absolutely! The right direction, I should say.
(24 Oct 2023, 21:20 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(24 Oct 2023, 20:43 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realize I was so far out of date on versions lol I was using a 2.X version.
Yeah, the current one is 3.3.3  😊 BTW, some plugins and Nyquist progs might not be compatible between 2.x and 3.x.

Really don't use too many plugins, fade in and out, tempo, maybe a couple others.  

I'm digging the slower tempo, and the slight panning, not sure about the binaural beat, and that flanging effect does not feel like 4 hertz to me.
(24 Oct 2023, 21:26 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]not sure about the binaural beat
Just create a 284Hz sinus signal in the left channel and 288Hz sinus signal in the right one. The diff (what the brain hears) is 4Hz. I thought this is what you did, no?
(24 Oct 2023, 21:32 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
Just create a 284Hz sinus signal in the left channel and 288Hz sinus signal in the right one. The diff is 4Hz.  I thought this is what you did, no?

See here as well: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...8#pid36978
(24 Oct 2023, 21:35 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
Just create a 284Hz sinus signal in the left channel and 288Hz sinus signal in the right one. The diff is 4Hz.  I thought this is what you did, no?

I used 300 and 304 sine wave, earballed the pitch pretty good didn't I😊, but I also used a flanging plugin to make it more pronounced.  https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/flanger/45016 it isn't a default plugin has to be downloaded and installed.  

it might just seem off to me because I'm so used to Bambi drone. I used to have a plugin that would create the beats and slowly ramp the frequency up or down smoothly, which is what I want to do, but for the life of me I can't find it or remember what it was called.  Without the flanging it takes me nearly the length of the file for my brain/ears to sync to it and hear the pulsing.
(24 Oct 2023, 21:35 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]

I used 300 and 304 sine wave, earballed the pitch pretty good didn't I😊, but I also used a flanging plugin to make it more pronounced.  https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/flanger/45016 it isn't a default plugin has to be downloaded and installed.  

it might just seem off to me because I'm so used to Bambi drone. I used to have a plugin that would create the beats and slowly ramp the frequency up or down smoothly, which is what I want to do, but for the life of me I can't find it or remember what it was called.  Without the flanging it takes me nearly the length of the file for my brain/ears to sync to it and hear the pulsing. 

Edit:  Yup binaural tone Surf, right in your post, I searched and searched for it when I updated, but could not remember what it was called, getting old sucks!  I'm out of time for the day I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow.
(24 Oct 2023, 23:03 )bellmar Wrote: [ -> ]I used 300 and 304 sine wave, earballed the pitch pretty good didn't I😊, but I also used a flanging plugin to make it more pronounced. 
Basically, you added isochronous 4Hz to a binaural 4Hz, right? Did you compare what you feel with and without the flanger? I'm not sure what the end brain-result is, as the phases of those frequencies will be different, so experiments are needed. "They say", that isochronous beat entrains the brain better.

Ah, found the thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...tic-sounds
My permanent pacification puppetising panties, I need my conditioning
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33