Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Electric time lock padlocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Does anybody have this issue with the old time locks - when plugged them into a charger they just beep with no indication?
(11 Apr 2021, 02:11 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have this issue with the old time locks - when plugged them into a charger they just beep with no indication?

I don't remember having that issue specifically but I did have issues with them at the end that weren't there at the beginning.  I blamed the awful batteries and eventually just threw the locks away.
If it's the plastic locks with a wire for locking then yes, they break really fast. Not just the lock but the batteries do give up really fast. Just throw them away.
Yes, the old plastic locks. So, you think the batteries are dead... Looks like it, indeed 😟
[quote pid="51506" dateline="1618044706"]
 Now I have my own made timer lock working 😉.  (Yep, that's my life)
[/quote]
i thing better use this lock for diy experiments

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=45525]

it have lot space inside, usb, battery and changer, buttons and buzzer. you can simple remove original MCU and add new like attiny. just ignore LCD and use arduino.
I bought this one just before digging into reprogramming the other ones... but indeed, while my original though was maybe changing the board with an esp base one which is clearly impossible with the Bluetooth ones, I believe this may be doable with the lcd one. Or maybe juste atiny like you said. Thanks for the tip 😉. I don’t think I’ll do it thought since the other seems to work pretty well. Except if I later want complex configurations or internet connectivity 😉
There are locks that can be controlled with an Android App but I asked one of the sellers if it has the possibility of setting a time delay and that's not in the app. The protocol is proprietary but if I had any hope of decompiling the app or figuring out the protocol I would build an app with a timer in no time.

So if anybody manages to hack the lock, swap in an atiny or something, maybe adding bluetooth,... let me know: I'll help with an (Android) app.
(17 Apr 2021, 19:31 )Anne Wrote: [ -> ]There are locks that can be controlled with an Android App but I asked one of the sellers if it has the possibility of setting a time delay and that's not in the app. The protocol is proprietary but if I had any hope of decompiling the app or figuring out the protocol I would build an app with a timer in no time.

So if anybody manages to hack the lock, swap in an atiny or something, maybe adding bluetooth,... let me know: I'll help with an (Android) app.

Why not using a Bluetooth sniffer?
(18 Apr 2021, 21:00 )no smile Wrote: [ -> ]Why not using a Bluetooth sniffer?

It's not something I'm familiar with. I can write something if I have a specification on how to make it talk but stuff from sniffing will probably be total gibberish to me.
Hi all,
I just bought a padlock timer, the old black variety with 3 buttons and the metal wire.
I found a limitation using it for self bondage, and I'm disappointed:
Apparently, you MUST be able to manipulate the padlock button to open it when the timer expires. It won't release the wire by itself.
As I'd been thinking using it to release keys suspended to a wire (a la ice timer) and everything is out of reach, I'm disappointed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17