Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Electric time lock padlocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
This bluetooth lock looks massive.
"Door Lock Security Portable Smart Waterproof Keyless Lock APP Control bluetooth Unlock Smart Padlock Anti-theft Lock"
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001272877821.html
Look what just arrived:

[attachment=45519][attachment=45520][attachment=45521][attachment=45522][attachment=45523][attachment=45524][attachment=45525]

I'm going to try them out today and hopefully I can use them in my recorded session this week.
It allows emergency unlocking 3 times? 3 times for each session, or for entire lifetime of the lock?
(09 Feb 2021, 13:18 )Anne Wrote: [ -> ]Look what just arrived:

I'm going to try them out today and hopefully I can use them in my recorded session this week.

Neat, you got instructions with yours.  That would have been handy to have when I did my write up. lol
(09 Feb 2021, 21:43 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]It allows emergency unlocking 3 times? 3 times for each session, or for entire lifetime of the lock?

I'm guessing that's for the entire lifetime of the lock, I was tempted to use them now but if I only get 3 times it should be enough to not want to use them lightly.

essanym Wrote:Neat, you got instructions with yours. That would have been handy to have when I did my write up. lol

They're not 100% accurate, unlocking is not done by holding the middle button but by tapping it.

I did some tests yesterday and it's pretty straightforward. The lock feels solid but I did not try bruteforcing it open and I'm not sure the locking mechanism unlocks when there is a lot of stress on the lock, I'll try that today 😊
Famous youtuber cracks this lock:

[1250] Pocket EMP Generator Opens Timer Padlock

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtNkUjQAHqY

So you know what to keep in reach as a backup.
(02 Mar 2021, 19:29 )Anne Wrote: [ -> ]So you know what to keep in reach as a backup.

A padlock shim!

This guy is a genius when it comes to opening locks - though it does make you wonder why you bother locking anything when it is can be so easy to open

MJ
(02 Mar 2021, 19:29 )Anne Wrote: [ -> ]Famous youtuber cracks this lock:

[1250] Pocket EMP Generator Opens Timer Padlock

.. just ... wow ...

(03 Mar 2021, 09:53 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]it does make you wonder why you bother locking anything when it is can be so easy to open
Old saying says: "Locks are against good people"
I still find them impossible to open while hogtied so that use case still works. 😁
Hey all,

Just wanted to get back on my self made reprogrammed time lock

Of course, along the year, I let it drown in dust.  I ordered by curiosity the new metal time lock on Ali (with the anniversary sales), and 3 days later, I got back my 2 aeady opened padlock and did my mod...  Now I have my own made timer lock working 😉. (Yep, that's my life)

Added feature : on each timer startup, it generates a random time (between boundaries like 30 to 200 sec).  If the user press the button between this time and this time +1s, it released the lock.  By default a led is lid for the Time while the button is pressed.  (but holding and keeping an eye for several minutes is challenging)
option 1 : hiding the led (this would suppose a lower range of randomise time to guess blindly)
option 2 : when failing, adding a little less than the pushed time to the timer.  (This way, you always get to zero and cannot get an infinite lock while trying to release yourself). (or stopping the timer while pressing)

TODO :
- making the options available at config (but this makes a huge configuration at startup)
- better power save
- checking the behaviour when battery is low and the lock keep resetting while unable to unlock itself.
- using all 5 button on the 5 button lock (for now, I have a fully portable code for 1 button/2 led lock) for more configuration/fun features

Again, for @leonixy I won't sell these be assured and I love your development of mysensors network.  😊  (I won't do it, I just wanted to have fun digging in the world of reprogramming stuff, and my demo IAR prevents me to make too much coding)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17