Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Electric time lock padlocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reprogramming the lock to start at 9999 and count down to 0000.
At one tick per minute, that’s 9999 minutes or 166+ hours.
Or, at one tick per second, that would be 166 minutes or somewhere around the 3 hour mark.
You know, now that you have that lock apart and you can see the insides, I wonder if you could replace the motor with a relay and have it control magnetic cuffs, vibrators, e-stim or anything else you can think of.
(22 Jan 2021, 21:56 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Reprogramming the lock to start at 9999 and count down to 0000.
You do not have to reprogram it, you can simply set this time 😁
(22 Jan 2021, 22:14 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]You know, now that you have that lock apart and you can see the insides, I wonder if you could replace the motor with a relay and have it control magnetic cuffs, vibrators, e-stim or anything else you can think of.
There are more suitable things for that: DC 5V 12V 10A Adjustable Time Delay Relay Module, DC 5V-30V Dual MOS Time Delay Relay with a nice case. 😊
(22 Jan 2021, 20:50 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]What microcontroller does it use? Can it be reprogrammed?

I can't tell which one it is, I've looked at the chip under every light I have and can't see what's written on it.  It doesn't even look like it has any writing on it.  It's a SOP-28 package so I suppose it's a PIC and if it is it can definitely be reprogrammed.  I would like to see it have a random time possibility

(22 Jan 2021, 22:14 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]You know, now that you have that lock apart and you can see the insides, I wonder if you could replace the motor with a relay and have it control magnetic cuffs, vibrators, e-stim or anything else you can think of.

You wouldn't even need to replace the motor.  It has a ton of unused pins you could use although if you're going to that much trouble, it would be better just to get a new microcontroller and build whatever you want from the ground up.
(22 Jan 2021, 22:43 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see it have a random time possibility
O!
Riiiiight.....
Buy a microcontroller, a battery, put it in a box with a display and copy someone else’s software because you can’t code.

Maybe it’s best you not bother at all.

Or maybe I’ll just not say or comment on anything at all. 😒
(22 Jan 2021, 22:14 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]now that you have that lock apart and you can see the insides, I wonder if you could replace the motor with a relay and have it control magnetic cuffs, vibrators, e-stim or anything else you can think of.
(23 Jan 2021, 05:25 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a microcontroller, a battery, put it in a box with a display and copy someone else’s software because you can’t code.
OK, I think I understand what you mean now. This timelock (with its aeady working miniature design) can be (re)buiit into other devices, like e-stim, vibrators, butt-plugs, etc. For example, the board and the battery are so small, that it can be used inside of the electromagnetic handcuffs. That's a cool idea!

(23 Jan 2021, 05:25 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]maybe I’ll just not say or comment on anything at all.
Just get accustomed to the fact, that people can never fully understand each other. That's one of the NLP presuppositions. Remember the hot discussion in the general trans-thread (I still have to read 71 posts there 😁)? Using more examples, metaphors, points of view , etc. Finally something might "click", or something completely new might arise, or something might be proved completely wrong. That's the point!
(23 Jan 2021, 05:25 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Riiiiight.....
Buy a microcontroller, a battery, put it in a box with a display and copy someone else’s software because you can’t code.
Maybe it’s best you not bother at all.
Or maybe I’ll just not say or comment on anything at all. 😒

Your response reads like sulking.  I hope it's not about what I said.  Nowhere did I mention about copying code because I don't know how and neither did Ra or anyone else.  If you need to buy a perfectly functional metal lock and alter it's functionality to run a relay because you don't want to buy a microcontroller and a relay, go right ahead.  In fact, what Ra suggested to do was even better than what I suggested so I will happily second his proposal.  It would cost less and wouldn't even have to write any code... win win.
You don't need to know how to code. I just found out a very cool project for ESP32.
Search ESPHome. It's a controller project for a smart home. It can make ESP32 drive relays, IR remotes with a LED, wireless 433MHz remotes with a very cheap 433MHz transmitter, get data from various environment sensors, GPS, buttons, define custom actions. Small LCD screens are beginning to be added.
No programming needed. All that is required is to edit a configuration file for the hardware you have. Documentation is very good.

PS: Various smart plugs can run ESPHome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17