Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Electric time lock padlocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
No, I’m not bent out of shape or anything, I was just pointing out that because some of these locks are so cheap, about $2.50 each, then one can replace the locking device with something else.

I can think of many things to use these locks timers, and 90% are not self bondage.
(23 Jan 2021, 20:57 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]I was just pointing out that because some of these locks are so cheap, about $2.50 each,
Never seen any that cheap. This is the cheapest (including shipping costs) metal one: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A2Tsu5 This is the cheapest plastic time-lock: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9Gm8EN Found anything cheaper? Post here!
Even if they really are that cheap, still not worth using for something else. Just get a BluePill, ESP or even a NXP dev board. Much easier to use for a very small difference in price.

Padlock mod only useful for random timer or various other games.

Some ideas to mod the padlock:
- Beep at ramdom intervals. Press button in 5 seconds after beep or extra time will be added.
- Unlock in 10s or timer restarts.
- Random time with screen off. Press button to display time, but +50% extra time.
- Beep in a random complicated pattern. Remember and press a button in the same pattern to release early.
- Lock it high above the head. Press a button every second to make the timer run faster, but get tired holding your hands up or standing in ballet boots.
(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if they really are that cheap, still not worth using for something else. Just get a BluePill, ESP or even a NXP dev board.
It's not about the money, it's about the size.

(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]- Beep at ramdom intervals. Press button in 5 seconds after beep or extra time will be added.
Dangerous. If you are always late or unable to press the button, you will never be free.
(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]- Unlock in 10s or timer restarts.
Same
(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]- Random time with screen off. Press button to display time, but +50% extra time.
That's reasonable and diabolic! 50% should be added from the rest of the time, not from the original. However, there is a risk of an accidental button clock. The result - see above.
(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]- Beep in a random complicated pattern. Remember and press a button in the same pattern to release early.
The possibility of earlier release is always safer.
(24 Jan 2021, 03:06 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]- Lock it high above the head. Press a button every second to make the timer run faster, but get tired holding your hands up or standing in ballet boots.
Same. Faster release = safer.
(22 Jan 2021, 17:25 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious if the etsy seller, @leonixy, has started working with the new metal locks yet?

yes i also have this lock
it have no marking china MCU, and i am sure it OTP- one time programmable as almost all no marking mcu

ps
i make new padlock with "mysensors" network compatible. so you can add it to you smart home network
it available soon
-right at center
(29 Jan 2021, 10:51 )leonixy Wrote: [ -> ]it have no marking china MCU, and i am sure it OTP- one time programmable as almost all no marking mcu

Thanks for the information.  I've never seen a mcu without markings but I also don't work with electronics very often. It certainly makes sense that it would probably be otp which means the only way to change any programming would be to replace the chip which is not worth the effort.

(29 Jan 2021, 10:51 )leonixy Wrote: [ -> ]i make new padlock with "mysensors" network compatible. so you can add it to you smart home network
it available soon

I'm interested in your new lock which with home network but I'm not familiar with 'mysensors'.  Is the lock based on something like ESP8266?  Does it respond to http request like the sonoff modules do?  I'd like to integrate something like this with my aeady existing program if possible.  When is it going to be available?
please google 'mysensors'
padlock can receive packets from NRF24L01+ wireless network
now i work on power save code
but i think it not fit for selfbondage- it much more for remote mistress etc
remote open something from internet
If it can be opened from the internet I'm pretty sure I can write a timer program on pc to open it on whatever conditions you want.
Not safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17