Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Electric time lock padlocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(21 Jan 2021, 23:23 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 Jan 2021, 07:09 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]you can set the timer and then lock the shackle at your leisure.
Wasn't it the case with the previous version?

No, the motor would rotate a metal thing and it would block the shackle from being inserted.

(21 Jan 2021, 23:27 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=45367] 
Is it a button contact pad in the top right corner?

Yes, it's practically hidden unless you completely take it apart.
(21 Jan 2021, 23:57 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]No, the motor would rotate a metal thing and it would block the shackle from being inserted.
I have two locks. As far as I remember I could close one of them after the timer had been initiated. I wonder if I broke something ... 😁
Need to check, but the batteries are fully discharged, and when I try to charge them, the lock begin to beep quite annoyingly and loud.

(21 Jan 2021, 23:57 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's practically hidden unless you completely take it apart.

I wonder if it can be used somehow. Just out of pure curiosity.
(22 Jan 2021, 00:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I have two locks. As far as I remember I could close one of them after the timer had been initiated. I wonder if I broke something ... 😁
Need to check, but the batteries are fully discharged, and when I try to charge them, the lock begin to beep quite annoyingly and loud.

The tolerances on those locks are looser so maybe the plastic is deformed and you're able to force it somehow.  I don't know, I'm like 90% positive that mine wasn't able to be inserted when it was locked because the locking motor rotated a metal thing in the way of the release button.

(22 Jan 2021, 00:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it can be used somehow. Just out of pure curiosity.

If you find a needle that fits and bend a 90 degree angle in the tip of it, maybe 2mm from the end.  Then you should be able to use it.  Also, you could disassemble the whole thing and drill the hole out large enough to get whatever metal thing you want in there.  Just remember, if you reset it, it will make the lock go dead until you plug it back in... assuming it works exactly like mine.
(22 Jan 2021, 00:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it can be used somehow. Just out of pure curiosity.

When I follow the trace it seems this button provides gnd to the piezo, so it could be the mute switch in the deluxe version.
Easiest way to test would be to either:
- put a small piece of metal to the contact with sticky tape to enable sound, assuming the lock is silent normally.
- isolate the contact with sticky tape to disable sound, assuming normally the lock makes sound.
(22 Jan 2021, 07:08 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]the mute switch in the deluxe version.
There is a deluxe version???

(22 Jan 2021, 06:46 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember, if you reset it, it will make the lock go dead until you plug it back in..
The reset button simply short-circuits the battery?
(22 Jan 2021, 07:08 )jtr765 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 Jan 2021, 00:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it can be used somehow. Just out of pure curiosity.

When I follow the trace it seems this button provides gnd to the piezo, so it could be the mute switch in the deluxe version.
Easiest way to test would be to either:
- put a small piece of metal to the contact with sticky tape to enable sound, assuming the lock is silent normally.
- isolate the contact with sticky tape to disable sound, assuming normally the lock makes sound.

I aeady tested it.  There is no question.  It resets the lock. Muting and unmuting is achieved by holding down the center button for a few seconds while the screen is on.
(22 Jan 2021, 16:23 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]The reset button simply short-circuits the battery?

Functionally, I don't know how the button resets the lock, only that it does. I assume the microcontroller has a reset pin like an arduino does and that's what activates. It didn't seem to drain the battery on mine, I only plugged it in to the charger for like 2 seconds to bring it back to life.
I'm curious if the etsy seller, @leonixy, has started working with the new metal locks yet?
What microcontroller does it use? Can it be reprogrammed?
(22 Jan 2021, 20:50 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]Can it be reprogrammed?
To do what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17