Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

male chastity
3PCS Thick Male Foreskin Corrector Ring Penis Rings Delay Ejaculation Daily/Night Cock Ring Chastity Cage Sex Toys for Men
$2.76-3%

JLZLSHONGLE pantyhose
Aurora Oily Jacquard Fake Garters Keyhole Sexy Stockings Glossy Back Line Transparent Tights Silk Shiny Open Crotch Pantyhose
$6.04

latex one piece
Latex Leotard Bodysuit Men's One Piece Wet Look PVC Leather Zipper Crotch Jumpsuit Romper Long Sleeve Wrestling Singlet Clubwear
$184.43-25%

bondage lock
18+ Adults Digital Time Lock Bondage Timer Switch Fetish Electronic Timer Couple BDSM Restraint Adult Game Accessories Sex Toys
$29.16-42%

ultrathin pantyhose
Children tights kids collant enfant render sox girls stockings pantyhose summer ultrathin model silk baby dance Tights
$3.74-27%

bondage sack
Squeeze Ball Testicles Sack Penis Cock Ring Bondage Chastity Cage Lock Sperm Scrotum Pouch Sex Toys For Men Delay Ejaculation
$9.68

mouth gag
Stainless Steel Dental Mouth Retractor Orthodontic Opener Oral Dental Mouth Retractor Molt Gag Surgical Instruments Tool
$169.74-55%

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

Spanking machine
Spanking machine
€159.95

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

Poll: What's your fetish shopping ethos?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cheap ‘n’ cheerful all the way, I’d rather go naked than pay top price!
9.52%
2 9.52%
Quality counts, I’m no cheapskate!
19.05%
4 19.05%
I love to hunt for bargains but will splash the cash for that special purchase
71.43%
15 71.43%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Buying things – cheap and cheerful Vs expensive quality
I’ve noticed a reoccurring theme on this forum regarding the perils of buying ‘cheap’ items from China, eBay and similar when compared to purchasing quality gear from big name established suppliers. Latex is an example; @likera has correctly identified that cheap items can be poor fitting and fall apart, whereas expensive items are tailored, (should) last for ages. and are supported by excellent service.

As always there are exceptions to this: @Culmor had a torrid time buying some expensive custom boots from a UK manufacturer (who should have done much better), whereas I’ve had done exceptionally well when purchasing 4 pairs of tights for less than £1 from a local discount shop!

But here is the question – Is quality always the best option, despite the cost, or do cheap items have a place in our fetish wardrobes and toy boxes?

I’ll be open and honest and say that I love finding those bargain purchases, even if my strike rate (e.g. great Vs total crap) is no better than 50/50.  My logic is that I risk very little by spending small amounts, and this helps me experience more new things to see if I like them before investing more money. For example I could spend £200 on the best quality, super tailored, fully customised latex suit, but then find I simply didn’t like it (very unlikely, but possible!). Or I could risk £80 on a Chinese version and save £120 for other pleasures. If I do like it but the cheap suit falls apart after one or two sessions I can then invest in a quality replacement and benefit from any lessons learnt.
OK so in the long run that’s more expensive, but I could have ended up with a very expensive latex suit that I didn’t like being hidden in the bottom of my wardrobe for years until I threw it away! 

I fully understand that for some people quality is a ‘must have’ for reasons other than the obvious sexual pleasure or safety (I never, ever skimp on safety) – I am sure that @Culmor does not want his Catwoman outfit to fall apart in front of 100’s of fellow Cosplayers…

...probably 😁

So, which approach do you take?

MJ
I've bought things in the same way.
On eBay, I bought a latex catsuit, used, for less than $100.00
After getting the box, the seller tossed in a leather hood a gag or two and a set of straps for an additional 20 bucks.
The latex was a bit hard to get into, and it didn't feel like what I wanted it to feel like.
After a few tries, it fell apart.
But the hood was great and so were the gags.
So, I tend to agree, I'll buy a cheap item just to try it. And if I like it, I'll invest in a more expensive model. Same as with clothing.

Nothing lasts forever. If there was to make that feeling of pleasure just before I pop last for hours ( like girls do ), I would buy it, hook it up, and tie myself down.
Uhm...what should I write...madjack, you aeady wrote all I would write about this topic 😊

Coming from my students days I have a lot of (very) cheap stuff, which is quite half of the time not really satisfying, but I wasn't able to afford more. But still there are some pearls. For the more pricier stuff it is quite the same - you buy it, but afterwards you suddenly find yourself in the situation sometimes, you don't like it enough to be worth the price for you personally.

But I guess I'm still looking more for the cheaper stuff, old habits.
Yea, I love costumes, I'll pay good money for a good one. But sometimes I'll buy a cheape costume for a one time play session.
If all goes well, Ill buy a better costume.

Just like toys and other items, I'll try almost anything once, within reasion.
For latex I've bought a number of items from latexcatfish.. Who are Chinese and in the grand scheme of things 'cheap' when compared to the European outlets.
That said if had no issue in both service and quality at acceptable prices.
Latexcatfish?
Care to share the link?
Www.latexcatfish.com
I've looked a lot at that site. Maybe save some money first 😊

On topic: I usually go for the inbetweens, not really expensive not the cheapest ones either. SO far I was very lucky with my stuff. One latex hood is starting to deteriorate, but that's my own fault, left it in the sun for too long.
Some points in no particular order:

o- Fetish (I mean "any fetish" items, not just directly related to sexual arousing) is overpriced.
o- For the same items mass production is cheaper
o- R&D (or creativity and design) takes resources and does not pay
o- Not everything requires unique creativity and expensive research
o- Latex clothes will eventually disintegrate, regardless the manufacturer (last year I thrown away a sticky latex pile for which I paid many hundred euros)
o- Even the most expensive latex (or nylon) outfit can tear
o- Only "made to measure" or "made to fit" will fit properly, considered your body condition will not change.
o- How often do you wear your latex/fetish clothes (for me it's once a year)
o- Lycra clothes with metallic coating can be washed only a couple of times before the coating wears off
o- Some pieces of clothes ruin quite often (gloves, socks, stockings, tights), especially in self-bondage
o- Sometimes you do not know what design to buy and how "useful" it will be
o- Do you earn money by wearing or using the fetish items?

See what I mean?

Saying that, I bought a long latex "bondage" dress and a latex catsuit (swimsuit plus stockings design) for 160$ including shipping from the same Chinese eBay shops (see this thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showth...hp?tid=923 )
(21 Jun 2016, 20:49 )Like Ra Wrote: Some points in no particular order:

o- Fetish (I mean "any fetish" items, not just directly related to sexual arousing) is overpriced.
o- For the same items mass production is cheaper
o- R&D (or creativity and design) takes resources and does not pay
o- Not everything requires unique creativity and expensive research
o- Latex clothes will eventually disintegrate, regardless the manufacturer (last year I thrown away a sticky latex pile for which I paid many hundred euros)
o- Even the most expensive latex (or nylon) outfit can tear
o- Only "made to measure" or "made to fit" will fit properly, considered your body condition will not change.
o- How often do you wear your latex/fetish clothes (for me it's once a year)
o- Lycra clothes with metallic coating can be washed only a couple of times before the coating wears off
o- Some pieces of clothes ruin quite often (gloves, socks, stockings, tights), especially in self-bondage
o- Sometimes you do not know what design to buy and how "useful" it will be
o- Do you earn money by wearing or using the fetish items?

See what I mean?

Saying that, I bought a long latex "bondage" dress and a latex catsuit (swimsuit plus stockings design) for 160$ including shipping from the same Chinese eBay shops (see this thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showth...hp?tid=923 )

I remember you posting about the catsuit, but not the dress... now you're really teasing us!

Have you tried them on yet or are you still waiting for that 'home alone' time?

MJ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Check this thread out before buying from Aliexpress Like Ra 38 12,784 12 Apr 2024, 06:57
Last Post: Tinker D

Contributors: B1u3 (1) , BoundWolf (1) , Culmor (1) , herrpee (1) , Like Ra (7) , ltxrob (2) , madjack (5) , Tinker D (3)