Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: General hypnosis and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
@BondageGreen - I moved your posts to the Bambi thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...8#pid70058
(27 Oct 2023, 22:52 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 Oct 2023, 22:10 )Lycalopex Wrote: [ -> ]the Bambi Sleep fanbase is-- perhaps ironically-- very culty and against dissenting... well, anything.
I can say this about many forums. And... there was no dissent. 😇
For some reason, they take an offence if a role-player is called a role player, even if he (yes, mostly, obviously, he) does not disagree with such classification.

And since when classification became discrimination or shaming?

If one kink-shames, one might see kink shaming everywhere.

I’ll post here the question from the thread.

Where is the line between a person role playing and a person who’s listened to the files and conditioned themselves to follow the suggestions? What’s the practical difference between someone “role playing” and “following suggestions”? How can one tell them apart? Note that I am not saying that there aren’t a lot of role players. I am simply wondering how one would figure out what’s roleplay and what isn’t.

Of course you can probably PM people and figure it out by directly talking with them. But what if that isn’t an option?

Edit: hmm, I did something wrong with the quotes…?
(27 Oct 2023, 23:36 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: hmm, I did something wrong with the quotes…?

It's a bug in the forum, I hope it's fixed in the new versions - I corrected it.

(27 Oct 2023, 23:36 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: [ -> ]How can one tell them apart?
We even have a separate thread for that: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...osis-works
Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
VulpineFoxs”' Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: hmm, I did something wrong with the quotes…?

It's a bug in the forum, I hope it's fixed in the new versions - I corrected it.

VulpineFoxs Wrote: [ -> ]How can one tell them apart?
We even have a separate thread for that: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...osis-works

I’ve read that thread but it mostly touches on how to tell if you yourself are hypnotised. The more interesting question, I think, is how to tell if someone else is hypnotised or just pretending.

Sure, if you PM them and it becomes obvious then it’s obvious. But what if it doesn’t?
(27 Oct 2023, 23:36 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the line between a person role playing and a person who’s listened to the files and conditioned themselves to follow the suggestions? What’s the practical difference between someone “role playing” and “following suggestions”? How can one tell them apart?
Ultimately it's up to the person doing it to decide if they're roleplaying or conditioned, but the way I look at it-- the difference is between "I'm doing this because I want to" and "I'm doing this because I'm supposed to".

Much of the time, when someone listens to a file-- Bambi Sleep included-- they aren't actually looking for the files to lay the promised effect on them. A lot of these effects are behavioral, and when someone, for example, wants a file to turn them into a sex-crazed bimbo... they want it aeady, they don't need the file for that. What the file is doing is giving them permission, a reason to behave like that.

This is very different from people who stick with well-made files long enough and so diligently that it actually has an effect that they might not want. This is where we get subtle personality shifts, differences in thought and focus. They are actual, long-term, conditioned effects that don't simply come from the desire to do the thing and an excuse conveniently arriving in the form of well-made but ultimately permissive and participatory files.

After long enough, can a permissive effect become a conditioned one? Sure. But the majority of Bambi Sleep users are going to start as roleplaying the effects because they aeady wanted them. Hypnosis is all about "fake it until you make it", and sometimes that works too well for some people.
(28 Oct 2023, 00:39 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: [ -> ]The more interesting question, I think, is how to tell if someone else is hypnotised or just pretending.

Have a look in this thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...c-Triggers

I might merge them.
(27 Oct 2023, 00:22 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]There is quite a hot discussion on egregores going on on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BambiSleep/comm...itchcraft/  I hope it will not get nuked.

It's interesting to see how all my posts get downvoted! Yeah, Reddit! 😉

Anytime the mods are involved and don't get a lot of agreement, the downvotes start. Also, to me, only a small amount of the discussion is interesting, and the rest is just Internet Fighting, which I find super boring. 

Sigils, symbols, anchors, and triggers - these all work and work amazingly well when set up properly with amenable people. To me, these are functions of the brain intersecting with the mind/Self and we can put whatever trappings we like around that. The mechanics are there and available to the trained and untrained alike.
One must realize that the only way these files work is if those ideas were aeady there.  There is no really way they can make you do anything.  Plus there is a huge difference between conditioning and brainwashing.  Then you look at reddit and 90% if the people are role playing which is not really a bad thing.  These files bring a release of control that some people truly need.  Just my thoughts
(15 Nov 2023, 19:31 )sam_henry Wrote: [ -> ]One must realize
Too many subjects in one post. Moving it here for the time being.
(15 Nov 2023, 19:31 )sam_henry Wrote: [ -> ]Plus there is a huge difference between conditioning and brainwashing.
This is like saying there's a huge difference between a dog and a poodle.

Brainwashing requires conditioning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49