Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Software, tips and tricks for creating and playing up hypno-files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
has any one had a play with a software program called
virtual hypnotist      http://vhypno.sourceforge.net/
(11 Feb 2020, 20:57 )mark4122uk Wrote: [ -> ]has any one had a play with a software program called
virtual hypnotist  
The last version (5.8) is from 2009. I downloaded it, scanned with McAfee, installed in Wine, scanned with McAfee again. looks clean, so I uploaded it here for convenience (but, please, don't trust and scan with your favourite AV program).

It begins to work under Wine, but spews "can't generate binaurals" errors, and, finally, crashes. The setup is quite complex, BTW, needs time...
(11 Feb 2020, 23:30 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 Feb 2020, 20:57 )mark4122uk Wrote: [ -> ]has any one had a play with a software program called
virtual hypnotist  
The last version (5.8) is from 2009. I downloaded it, scanned with McAfee, installed in Wine, scanned with McAfee again. looks clean, so I uploaded it here for convenience (but, please, don't trust and scan with your favourite AV program).

It begins to work under Wine, but spews "can't generate binaurals" errors, and, finally, crashes. The setup is quite complex, BTW, needs time...
well so far i have the 5.8
i have got to start wrighting scripts only text but with binauris
the inductions came from you by the way it is the bubble induction
and it works well
i was hopeing i may be worth looking into more
and see if we can swap scripts and tips and maybe make it work for us
If there is interest, we can move it to a separate tread.
This is what I get 😟

[attachment=38750][attachment=38751]
OK, added (using winetricks) VB6 run-time env, flash, a bunch of codecs - moved a bit further and farther, but it still does not work...
i386/32bit gstreamer + plugins are needed here. Less errors now, but still does not work 😁 Giving up for today ...
i have got the feeling you have to run it on windows
this may help
https://www.howtogeek.com/263211/how-to-...with-wine/
virtual hypnotist      http://vhypno.sourceforge.net/
I tried running a version of it from... ten years ago? It's interesting, and might work, but as I knew nothing (and still don't) I wasn't able to make it work for me. Someone who knew how hypnosis works could probably make something, but that's not me.

Run? Sure. Do what I was trying to tell it to? That was fine too. I was probably on XP at the time so no Linux issues.
Spent two days going through various audio editors. Qtractor, Ardour, LMMS, Cecilia, etc. The most interesting ones are Qtractor and Ardour, but I could not figure out how to solve stuttering and distortion. It's something within ALSA and/or JACK, but after two days I gave up and returned back to Audacity. With dozens of plugins and simplicity it's unbeatable. And it supports PulseAudio, so no issues with underlying software (e.g. ALSA). Not suitable for MIDI stuff, but I'm not there yet 😊
Pages: 1 2 3 4