Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: [UPDATED] feature - attachment slide show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
Is there a way to disable the side bar that's taken to popping up when you click on a pic? Very irritating, all it does is cause me to involuntarily look away from the image I've just clicked on.
Cheers 

C.
(21 Jan 2021, 09:58 )Culmor Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to disable the side bar that's taken to popping up when you click on a pic?
Yes, I can disable it globally. The reason for the thumbnails is described above - https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...9#pid49039 - to let you know, what for image might come next, should the environment is not safe for not quite safe pictures.
You have my vote to disable it.
Mine too. It just slow down the loading of the pic…
(21 Jan 2021, 21:12 )RedEmeraldKitsune Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add a 'remember' setting so it stays on/off?
No, as far as I know this plugin does not set any cookies.

Anyway, since the thumbnail panel overlaps the main image on mobile devices, I disabled it globally. If you need thumbnails - just click on the "grid" button.
Updated! These are the changes:

- added FancyBox on portal and announcements
- added a URL path for "watermark image" into ACP setting
- added rotate image feature
- fixed "Minimize" feature and "display thumbnails sidebox" conflict
- fixed/updated language files and clean up
- fixed PHP 8.1 compatibility issues
Question!

What do you prefer:
- rotate images within one post
- rotate images within the whole page
You might have noticed, that thumbnails were loading slower and thumbnail quoting was not working. The reason is simple: the new plugin overrode the tweaks I made for the old one. Fixed!

Also, the image rotate buttons are visible now - I discovered a bug in the plugin settings ("Yes", actually, meant "No" and vice versa 😂)
(09 Dec 2022, 17:37 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]You might have noticed, that thumbnails were loading slower and thumbnail quoting was not working. The reason is simple: the new plugin overrode the tweaks I made for the old one. Fixed!

Also, the image rotate buttons are visible now - I discovered a bug in the plugin settings ("Yes", actually, meant "No" and vice versa 😂)

I did experience a few 'glitches' when posting today 

- general 'error' message for the forum and being unable to access it at all

- and a message that flashed up then disappeared, saying something about  'maximum processing exceeded'??? (or words to that effect)

All seems well now

MJ
(09 Dec 2022, 18:02 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]and a message that flashed up then disappeared, saying something about  'maximum processing exceeded'???

Most likely it's related. This is the CPU load before and after the tweak:

[attachment=57166]

By default (this is how MyBB is designed) every thumbnail or full image load takes one PHP process. Our forum is very image intensive - one page full of thumbnails can heavy load the server. What I did is "disclosing" or "unhiding" thumbnails - they are seen as images now, not as "attachment.php?thumbnail=12345"

This is when I did that trick before: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...5#pid53015
Pages: 1 2 3