Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

Bitysie
Bitysie 2021Original Long Sleeve One Piece Swimsuit Transparent In Water High Leg Cut Leotard Sexual Women Spa Suit Skin Fabric
$313.39

tpe penis
Women's Strap-on Realistic Penis Dildo Pants Anal Sex Toys for Lesbian Couple Men Gay Strapon Harness Belt Adult Games Sexy Shop
$24.18-50%

beeger
RAINBOW TEARDROP GLASS DILDO
$102.85

zalo
ZALO BESS 2.0 G-spot vibrator soft silicone clitoral stimulation usb Double motor Retro massager adult sex toys for women
$48.68

rolecos
ROLECOS NIKKE Goddess of Victory Nero Cosplay Costume Women Nero Sexy Cat Girl Uniform Halloween Carnival Suit
$199.02-40%

erotic
Sexy Lingerie women's Lace Sheer Bra Crotchless Bodysuit Women's Erotic Clothing one piece Sexy Deep V Neck Teddy Lingerie Set
$4.95

pantyhose encasement
Bodystocking Bodyhose Pantyhose Bodysuit, Transparent BDSM Sexy Lingerie,Full Body Stocking Sack Encasement
$5.47

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

Self-bondage by candle light, various time-release designs and safety
Items used for this SB:

3 eyebolts
4 wood screws
3 pieces of wood to make candle box
taper candle (recommend several for practice runs)
candlestick holder
mason's line
whatever SB paraphenialia you happen to enjoy

********************************************************************************

Disclaimer: This SB involved candles with exposed flames. Always keep safety first when dealing with fire. In short, please don't burn yourself, others, or your house if attempting this

********************************************************************************

So, i got my things together to do another sb last night, this one based off of this picture:  self-bondage-candle-01.jpg   
There were a few modifications that i made, and a few more i want to make for next time (and i definitely want there to be a next time)

Here's the layout of my release mechanism, and I'll go into it a little more then: [Image: candlerelease.GIF]

The basics are the same as the original art, candle burns down, burns the string, which releases the key from a ceiling ring. However, i did not cut the hole in the candle like in the picture, to make sure that the candle remained stable during the burn (don't need it going out or falling over and starting the house on fire)

My design for the candle box was a base with two sides of uneven length. The short end would be just shorter than where you want the candle to be when it burns through the rope, and the other side at least a few inches higher. Attach one eye bolt standing straight up on the edge of the short board and another eye bolt perpendicular at the same height on the long board. Use the wood screws to put everything together, and then install the third eye bolt in the ceiling above where you want your release to drop

Take your candle and put it into the candlestick holder, and set them in the middle of the candle box. Being how i'm in the US, i got 10 inch taper candles from WalMart for $.78 each, and picked up several. You may want to run through this release one or two times without bondage to see how the timing works (more on that later)

Cut off a length of mason string (if you can't find it, it's a very thin nylon rope, don't use jute or any kind of plant type twine!!!! nylon will stop burning almost immediately after the flame is removed, especially with such a thin cord, but twine burns -real- well ... and you don't want to race to release yourself so you can stop your house from burning down). Tie one end of the cord to your keys and the other end goes through the ceiling eye bold, the eye bolt on the short board, and tied to the eye bold on the long board. Make sure that you have the cord resting against the side of the candle with at least a little tension. The weight of the keys should keep the line taut but not be heavy enough to move the candle

The idea being that while the candle is burning, the cord will just sit there, but when the candle gets low enough, the cord will slowly slide across the candle top (it will get slowed down by the hot wax before it gets to the flame) which burns the cord. As soon as it breaks, the weight of the keys pulls the cord away and drops your release.

i recommend testing the device out before actually using it. Different kinds of candles burn at different speeds, and having an idea when it will release is good to know (in my case, the rope burned in 4.5 hours after burning 7 inches, so i know that it will go through about an inch every 40 minutes). Also, make sure there's no heavy breezes going through your play area, such as fans, heavy air conditioning, etc. If the candle gets blown out then you'd have to have a backup readily accesible to get out.

After all that's done comes the fun part, getting tied up! For this time around, i was wearing my maid's uniform, rope tied around my ankles and knees, and handcuffs behind my back, not a lot, but plenty where i have poor flexibility. i had waited to lock myself in until there was only about an inch of burn left, so i wasn't in the whole 4.5 hours. i also had a vibrating inflatable plug in that i could inflate and deflate, and an egg vibe on my clit as well and a panel gag in my mouth. Even the short time i spent in this position drove me nuts.

Overall i think the project last night was a success, but i'd rather use rope cuffs or padded leather ones and secured in the front next time, so i'll need to rethink my actual release mechanism (scissors work good for cutting rope, but i don't want to tie a pair of scissors in the air over me ... that would just be bad when it all came down)

If people want, i could redo this again in the very near future and get some pictures posted

maid heather
I've never tried this release method because I trust ice more than fire, but it looks very interesting. Will read more thoroughly tomorrow (a bit worn out after a 12 hour working day)

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, i pretty well agree there ... ice would probably be a good backup, if you could make it last longer than the candle ... there was something to be said though for being bound and gagged and forced to watch the candle slowly creep down
Okay, so i went back and visited this again tonight, and i did figure out that if i have a fan on, the candle burns down a lot faster (only took about 45 minutes versus 4 hours), so ice could be a potential backup in that case.
Noticed one thing. In your design the candle is kept under constant pressure (tension? load?) from the string. What if the string breaks or pushes the candle off its place?
The way i had it designed, if the string broke (which would be the same thing as the flame doing) it would release the keys, albiet a bit early

To the other half of the question, i used a crystal base to hold the candle, so it would take a lot of pressure to move the candle. As long as i don't overload the weight of the keys haven't had to worry about that
See also this post: http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/4503
Hi there

Great to hear your SB session and the release detail - as I've posted on the blog, using a candle like this is just too risky for me - though it did inspire some other ideas 😊

You identified another risk I hadn't even thought of (the horror of starting a fire was enough!) when you wrote about the candlestick needing to be heavy enough to not fall over or lift up (both very scary) under the weight of keys or scissors.

So... not for me, but great respect for sharing your ideas and adventures. I would love to see any photos you might want to share, I often find other peoples sessions provide inspiration for my own.

Play safe

MJ
I can't really visualize what you are doing with this besides burning through nylon rope as a release. Just a note be careful with melting/burning nylon rope A. Its a plastic B. It is goo when it melts and it sticks to you and can burn like melted sugar. Yes it hurts a lot and is hard to get off =(
(27 Feb 2010, 03:08 )ydal Wrote: It is goo when it melts and it sticks to you and can burn like melted sugar. Yes it hurts a lot and is hard to get off =(
Another good point against this method.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
I got CAUGHT in self bondage for the first time. In a spandex "sleep sack" Peeklemeekle 3 1,256 14 May 2023, 18:07
Last Post: Tinker D
Self bondage hogtie with ice release for keys to handcuffs Peeklemeekle 6 1,169 28 Aug 2022, 03:47
Last Post: Peeklemeekle

Contributors: BondageToy (1) , Daemon (2) , Like Ra (10) , madjack (5) , maid_heather (4) , Strappado (3) , susanr (3) , ydal (1)