Like Ra's Naughty Forum
How do you get into trance state? - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Fetishes, obsessions, traits, features, peculiarities (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Fetishes-obsessions-traits-features-peculiarities)
+--- Forum: Hypnosis and Hypno-fetish (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Hypnosis-and-Hypno-fetish)
+--- Thread: How do you get into trance state? (/Thread-How-do-you-get-into-trance-state)

Pages: 1 2 3

How do you get into trance state? - sione92 - 25 Sep 2019

I have a tendency to overthink, so I find it difficult to relax and let go.

Do you focus on the hypno voice, or just let your mind blank and hear the voice passively?

RE: How do you get into trance state? - shemhamforash - 25 Sep 2019

I try and focus on that the hypnotist is saying, or if they say do something else then I try and do that thing. You have to think of hypnosis that takes a-lot of focus, sometimes I'll take some caffeine right before I lay down for some hypnosis.

RE: How do you get into trance state? - Like Ra - 25 Sep 2019

I would say "it depends" (yeah, always ๐Ÿ˜). Also on the actual question (yeah, always ๐Ÿ˜). This question does not state the goal:

(25 Sep 2019, 10:22 )sione92 Wrote: Do you focus on the hypno voice, or just let your mind blank and hear the voice passively?
If the goal is "to make the hypno file work as advertised", then this question cannot be answered. Because:

o- The file might be of "a no good quality"
o- The description does not always correspond the actual content
o- The actual content might not correspond to the intentions of the hypnotist
o- The actual content might not correspond to the intentions of the hypnotee
o- The expectations of the hypnotee can be all over the board
o- The goal stated in the content might not pass "the ecology test" (e.g. it's too damaging)
o- The goal of the file might be too far from "the way" of the listener
o- The way the script is written does not match the way the information is processed by the listener
o- Just "no resonance"

If the question is "how to achieve the trance state", then we need to define "the trance" first. The current general definition I frequently stumble upon is "trance is a concentration on the own experience". Basically and roughly trance = meditation. Yes, there are different levels, but the ideas are very close. Another definition of meditation is "being aware of", in other words you become an observer. And you can meditate on anything including nothing: feelings, sensations, actions, objects, thoughts, presence or absence of them, etc.

Simply said: just sit and silently watch.

Then. There are very effective psycho-techniques, that do not involve hypnotic sleep at all. E.g. techniques, that involve active visualizations, actions, interactions and general subject participation. E.g. multiple NLP techniques. More difficult with audio files, but still possible.

A side note: this looks like a hypnosis FAQ ๐Ÿ˜‰

RE: How do you get into trance state? - essanym - 25 Sep 2019

For myself, with my eyes closed, I am trying to stare into the blackness to 'see whatever i can see' if that makes any sense. In one way, it's like an attempt at remote viewing, but in another way it serves to help keep my mind blank so that the words guide me into trance. Also very important is that you have to want to be in trance.

Just concentrating on the voice (or on "one voice" if there are many) might help with getting rid of distractions. It's like the best way of not thinking about a pink elephant is to think about something else ๐Ÿ˜
And if you can concentrate on one thing, that means you have reached the trance/meditation state. And this is the goal of the induction.

RE: How do you get into trance state? - sione92 - 26 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 13:28 )Likeย Ra Wrote: I would say "it depends" (yeah, always ๐Ÿ˜). Also on the actual question (yeah, always ๐Ÿ˜). This question does not state the goal:

(25 Sep 2019, 10:22 )sione92 Wrote: Do you focus on the hypno voice, or just let your mind blank and hear the voice passively?
If the goal is "to make the hypno file work as advertised", then this question cannot be answered. Because:

o- The file might be of "a no good quality"
o- The description does not always correspond the actual content
o- The actual content might not correspond to the intentions of the hypnotist
o- The actual content might not correspond to the intentions of the hypnotee
o- The expectations of the hypnotee can be all over the board
o- The goal stated in the content might not pass "the ecology test" (e.g. it's too damaging)
o- The goal of the file might be too far from "the way" of the listener
o- The way the script is written does not match the way the information is processed by the listener
o- Just "no resonance"

The file is Bambi Sleep, so I think it's quality is good enough. However your other points makes a lot of sense.
My definition of 'trance' is to blank out and not remembering anything during the session.

RE: How do you get into trance state? - sione92 - 26 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 13:06 )shemhamforash Wrote: I try and focus on that the hypnotist is saying, or if they say do something else then I try and do that thing. You have to think of hypnosis that takes a-lot of focus, sometimes I'll take some caffeine right before I lay down for some hypnosis.

Taking caffeine before the hypnoย is interesting. I thought its better to get the brain as sleepy as possible to make it more susceptible.