Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Bambi Sleep stuff - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Fetishes, obsessions, traits, features, peculiarities (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Fetishes-obsessions-traits-features-peculiarities)
+--- Forum: Hypnosis and Hypno-fetish (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Hypnosis-and-Hypno-fetish)
+---- Forum: Bambi Sleep Cult (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Bambi-Sleep-Cult)
+---- Thread: Bambi Sleep stuff (/Thread-Bambi-Sleep-stuff)

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - MasterDQ - 25 Apr 2023

On the Buzzfeed article, it's really two articles in one:

1. James the abuser.
2. Exploring erotic hypnosis.

On the first one, predators go where the prey is, so... 'nuff said. Be careful when you're giving someone power over you, be it money, bondage, or hypnosis, or whatever.

On the second one... note that a lot of the women in the article had positive results from the hypnosis. The problem was the abuser. Now, especially with something like BS I would not recommend using them unless you have someone you can trust to take care of you (e.g. a husband & wife dynamic - no, 6 months with your new B.F.F. is not enough). You also need to make sure that this is what you really want. God knows there are plenty of women who genuinely do want to be a bimbo - but there's also whole subreddits devoted to guys recovering from sissy hypno and the like.

@christof I suggest you read the BS transcripts and so you can see what they purport to do to your partner. At the very least I would ask yourself whether you're happy being married to someone who fully lives the bimbo life - I mean the sex might be great for a few years but 30 years from now? Bimbos aren't known for their scintillating conversational skills, nor their ability to age well without becoming more plastic than flesh & blood. Finally, if she has DID or the like, then no more hypno. Nope nope nope. If it's not a trained hypnotherapist with experience with said mental disorders, nope. If you really want her to change a part of her personality, look into the hypnosis-free slave conditioning stuff on FetLife and so on. You can make a woman orgasm on command without hypnosis, so it's not like you need it for a lot of stuff.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - wolford57 - 25 Apr 2023

First, I want to say to @katplanchette that I'm so sorry for what you went through. As a longtime participant in kink communities I have crossed paths with too many abuse victims as well as a few predators in the making. It is tragic how sociopaths use the beauty of connection we find in kink as a way to lure victims and conceal their abuse. I've followed and enjoyed your work elsewhere and wish you nothing but healing on your terms.

(24 Apr 2023, 23:14 )christof Wrote: But an outwardly straight man with a vested interest in keeping that masquerade? A woman or submissive without a reliable partner, who even if they do not mean harm, cannot recognize as it happens? Someone who dedicates multiple hours a week listening, but no outlet for the results beyond self pleasure? That could be a very risky situation even without the kind of situation described in that article. Perhaps it is true that all hypnosis is self hypnosis, but life has no shortage of pleasures that eat away more than they nourish.

I feel like I am often a lone voice on this subject, here and in other forums, but I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that the Bambi files have any unique power to change a person. I worry that this story and the brouhaha around it will shift the focus from where it belongs (i.e. "James") to "evil hypnosis" or "dangerous Bambi files." In my view, the files are simply a tool, like a piece of rope, that can be used for consensual and positive or non-consensually and abusive purposes. While there are risk factors specific to the "tool" that it is worth making people aware of, and I think the writer tried to convey that, I worry that this story will just add another layer of misconception to the Bambi lore online.

I say this from personal experience: I've listened to them several times, as someone who listens to a lot of bimbofication/hyperfemininity content, and the only thing I came away from them with was a sort of disappointment. While I enjoy hypno files, I find that a feeling of real depth and blankness is extremely elusive, and I hoped these super-ultra-powerful Bambi files might be the ones that could reliably put me out. The first time I listened to the Bubble Induction file, it actually gave me a whiff of that, but it didn't hold up to subsequent listens. This is a common experience I've had where a new file will give me a whiff of a hard drop the first one or two times only. I also find the general soundscape of the files to be hard to listen to--it's a bit harsh, and sharp, and that just keeps my mind sort of fully alert, rather than relaxing me and letting me kind of float off into a flow state.

Likewise, a lot of the content itself is unattractive to me, because I don't want to become something by subtracting myself, I want to improve myself by addition, or by emphasizing what is aeady there. I understand the appeal of "bad end" fantasies, and degradation, and I understand how these files can lean into those. I am not personally completely against that stuff, but it is very selective, because at this point in my life I want to save my energy and light for things that raise me up, celebrate, and help me integrate all these contradictory parts of myself into a healthy and functional whole.

And I am also somebody who, in some ways, would *love* to get an external push to go farther in terms of bringing that inner bimbo out. I have wanted to give her more room to play, to be a bit more of my life, but all the things hold me back. And yet I've listened to the files five or ten times, revisited multiple times over the years, and all I come away with is the same feeling each time: "so that's all?" And I can say very confidently that I have felt no lasting effects, nor have I been drawn back to the files with any conviction.

Maybe it is as simple as "Bambi is sweet, I like sour," or something like that. I don't think kinks have any great meaning in and of themselves, and I don't think my kinks are better or more right than anyone else's. If someone really enjoys the degradation and ego destruction implied by the Bambi files, then I can see how they would lean into the fantasy narrative in them, and if that person is in a bad place mentally going in, then maybe they become a soundtrack to self-destruction.

For all I know, if somebody out there created a set of alt-Bambi files that are totally positive and self-actualizing, maybe in a year or two I'd look like a totally different person. But I don't think I would *be* a different person. I think many of us know who we are, and bury it, because society has a small set of boxes it likes people to fit into, and to live outside of those can be extremely difficult even if it is rewarding in other ways.

Also, just to be clear, not one word of what I wrote should be taken in any way to diminish the awful story told by Kat or her friends, or imply that the responsibility for what they experienced lies with anyone other than their abuser. In my view, files/hypno are simply another tool, like a gag or a piece of rope, and their power lies in the intent of the person using them. You can use them to raise someone up or to hold them down. Be careful out there, it's a jungle and some of the kitties want to eat you.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - lurker - 27 Apr 2023

(25 Apr 2023, 17:24 )wolford57 Wrote: I feel like I am often a lone voice on this subject, here and in other forums, but I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that the Bambi files have any unique power to change a person. I worry that this story and the brouhaha around it will shift the focus from where it belongs (i.e. "James") to "evil hypnosis" or "dangerous Bambi files." In my view, the files are simply a tool, like a piece of rope, that can be used for consensual and positive or non-consensually and abusive purposes.

The real trick here is that the Bambi files are not solely hypnosis. They incorporate DID / TULPA / multiple personality features, as well as good old-fashioned conditioning. It seems like the DID-like stuff is what's doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. This is fairly interesting, and I think poorly understood. Way back in the old days, psychologists thought that people could really develop multiple personalities, similar to how you might see in a movie. Ultimately, it was determined that therapists themselves were actually responsible for the creation of the "other" personalities. This sort of buries the lede, as it's no less shocking that a therapist could completely accidentally install an additional personality in someone. (In some sense, it's far more interesting than the possibility that this could be brought on only as a specific psychological disorder.) I have some other thoughts on this topic, but the short version might be that your personality is way more pliable than you think, and Bambi's use of hypnosis along with personality creation lends it to being more powerful than hypnosis alone.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - Like Ra - 27 Apr 2023

(27 Apr 2023, 00:14 )lurker Wrote: I have some other thoughts on this topic
If it's about DID/tulpas and not specifically Bambi related, we can continue here: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread-Tulpas-Alternative-Personalties-Alter-Egos-DID-alters-Imaginary-Friends

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - bambisleep - 28 Apr 2023

(23 Apr 2023, 17:21 )katplanchette Wrote: Figured would clarify. I don't know if he's involved or if he's the creator/knows the creator, and I haven't fixed my mind on either more than the other. Not knowing is what I don't like. Also, here is a video that I stitched with a few of the samples of my voice on there. At the time I hadn't started really making many files yet, and I've gone through everything I made that existed out in the public at the time before this file (superficial basic bitch) was released and the samples of my voice don't seem to exist in anything I did at the time/I also don't have them. I did say these things to my tist tho and remember when that was/that night pretty clearly.
I don't know if they are in contact knowingly or not, or if anything he said was true cuz he lied a tonnn. James could have just sent samples to the creator or posted something I didn't know he recorded somewhere and the creator found it...there are a lot of possibilities for how those samples got on there. The point of that original comment likera posted is that I don't know...and I don't like not knowing, and that mystery just taints the files for me a lot. I'm attaching examples of the mystery samples:
https://mega.nz/file/2gEEiLxZ#7zRdGOmwF_eZi2CJ4cGVt8BBmA622hrY7wVjkEgJxgM
The audio in those clips that is the mystery audio is the stuff I'm saying like "I want to be a dumb blonde m/I am a dumb blonde." Also, sry it's video format I made that ages ago for a friend. No hypno on video, audio does have clips of BS files tho. But yea in the clips (to me) it sticks out when I listen to the file in its entirety/doesn't sound like it's recorded on a professional mic and I feel like it's given a lot of reverb to make it blend? Also, there is a part where I say something about being an airhead, but it sounds like there is more at the start that is almost like cut off that I can't even make out. Again, not knowing how my voice ended up on there, makes me very uncomfortable. I def didn't give consent for my voice to be used on the files, and no one reached out to ask for permission. Given that I was in an abusive dynamic at the time that file was released/I was frequently put in situations where my consent was violated, having something like that in the files, that I didn't give consent to be in there, feels extra gross. If someone ever randomly finds something with those samples of my voice dated to a time that is pre-release date of "Superficial Basic Bitch" would love to know cuz it would help narrow down how they got on there.
So yea, I have no idea if he is at all involved. All I know for sure is what he told me/that he lied a lot, and that samples of my voice are on there, and I don't know how they got there. I haven't made any assumptions either way, it's just something that stresses me out😕
I also have a text message where early on I'm confronting him about some issue and I mention something like "I know you made the files/know a lot about them, but I don't/I have no idea WTF I'm doing etc." In his response to my text with that included in it, he never said anything about that statement... There was never any response of like "why would you say I made them/that's not true" etc. In his response he just glossed over it as he often did when I mentioned it at that time... Also, that text isn't proof of anything either way (and again could maybe just be proof that he lied someday?) but I feel like most people would want to address that kind of statement if it was said to them, and it wasn't true, and he just didn't. To me, that just again...makes the mystery more frustrating and weird.
I'm mentioning this cuz I do have proof the topic came up in our discussions/I talked to him about what he told me, but again I don't have any proof either way about whether what he said about involvement in their creation was true and I'm not assuming one way or the other that he was/wasn't involved nor am I trying to imply he def was/wasn't involved cuz I literally have no idea. I just wanted to share why it's hard for me to listen to the files now/why I'm distrusting of the creator/this frustrating little mystery that further taints my own experiences with the files.
Edit: In case someone wants them, here are some timestamps in "Superficial Basic Bitch" for the samples of my voice linked/as discussed above:
*15:46- "so empty"
*26:09- "whatever/I am a dumb blonde..."
*26.26 - "I want to be a dumb blonde"
*27:08 "I am a dumb blonde"
*27:21- "dumb blonde"

I can clear up this mystery: it's not your voice. It's from long-defunct content that predates Bambi by a good while. Check around 14:20 here:

Sissy Secretary by Isabella Valentine

Source: https://hypnotube.com/video/sissy-secretary-1567.html

FWIW, I'm not the James in the article, and I'm as sure as I can reasonably be I've never had any contact with him. And I don't in any way condone the manner in which the files were used in this case.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - katplanchette - 28 Apr 2023

(28 Apr 2023, 18:05 )bambisleep Wrote:
(23 Apr 2023, 17:21 )katplanchette Wrote: Figured would clarify. I don't know if he's involved or if he's the creator/knows the creator, and I haven't fixed my mind on either more than the other. Not knowing is what I don't like. Also, here is a video that I stitched with a few of the samples of my voice on there. At the time I hadn't started really making many files yet, and I've gone through everything I made that existed out in the public at the time before this file (superficial basic bitch) was released and the samples of my voice don't seem to exist in anything I did at the time/I also don't have them. I did say these things to my tist tho and remember when that was/that night pretty clearly.
I don't know if they are in contact knowingly or not, or if anything he said was true cuz he lied a tonnn. James could have just sent samples to the creator or posted something I didn't know he recorded somewhere and the creator found it...there are a lot of possibilities for how those samples got on there. The point of that original comment likera posted is that I don't know...and I don't like not knowing, and that mystery just taints the files for me a lot. I'm attaching examples of the mystery samples:
https://mega.nz/file/2gEEiLxZ#7zRdGOmwF_eZi2CJ4cGVt8BBmA622hrY7wVjkEgJxgM
The audio in those clips that is the mystery audio is the stuff I'm saying like "I want to be a dumb blonde m/I am a dumb blonde." Also, sry it's video format I made that ages ago for a friend. No hypno on video, audio does have clips of BS files tho. But yea in the clips (to me) it sticks out when I listen to the file in its entirety/doesn't sound like it's recorded on a professional mic and I feel like it's given a lot of reverb to make it blend? Also, there is a part where I say something about being an airhead, but it sounds like there is more at the start that is almost like cut off that I can't even make out. Again, not knowing how my voice ended up on there, makes me very uncomfortable. I def didn't give consent for my voice to be used on the files, and no one reached out to ask for permission. Given that I was in an abusive dynamic at the time that file was released/I was frequently put in situations where my consent was violated, having something like that in the files, that I didn't give consent to be in there, feels extra gross. If someone ever randomly finds something with those samples of my voice dated to a time that is pre-release date of "Superficial Basic Bitch" would love to know cuz it would help narrow down how they got on there.
So yea, I have no idea if he is at all involved. All I know for sure is what he told me/that he lied a lot, and that samples of my voice are on there, and I don't know how they got there. I haven't made any assumptions either way, it's just something that stresses me out😕
I also have a text message where early on I'm confronting him about some issue and I mention something like "I know you made the files/know a lot about them, but I don't/I have no idea WTF I'm doing etc." In his response to my text with that included in it, he never said anything about that statement... There was never any response of like "why would you say I made them/that's not true" etc. In his response he just glossed over it as he often did when I mentioned it at that time... Also, that text isn't proof of anything either way (and again could maybe just be proof that he lied someday?) but I feel like most people would want to address that kind of statement if it was said to them, and it wasn't true, and he just didn't. To me, that just again...makes the mystery more frustrating and weird.
I'm mentioning this cuz I do have proof the topic came up in our discussions/I talked to him about what he told me, but again I don't have any proof either way about whether what he said about involvement in their creation was true and I'm not assuming one way or the other that he was/wasn't involved nor am I trying to imply he def was/wasn't involved cuz I literally have no idea. I just wanted to share why it's hard for me to listen to the files now/why I'm distrusting of the creator/this frustrating little mystery that further taints my own experiences with the files.
Edit: In case someone wants them, here are some timestamps in "Superficial Basic Bitch" for the samples of my voice linked/as discussed above:
*15:46- "so empty"
*26:09- "whatever/I am a dumb blonde..."
*26.26 - "I want to be a dumb blonde"
*27:08 "I am a dumb blonde"
*27:21- "dumb blonde"

I can clear up this mystery: it's not your voice. It's from long-defunct content that predates Bambi by a good while. Check around 14:20 here:

Sissy Secretary by Isabella Valentine

Source: https://hypnotube.com/video/sissy-secretary-1567.html

FWIW, I'm not the James in the article, and I'm as sure as I can reasonably be I've never had any contact with him. And I don't in any way condone the manner in which the files were used in this case.

I do appreciate you confirming that for me. It does sound super similar to my voice and it doesn't help that other people have messaged me about hearing my voice in the files even when I haven't mentioned this to them/before I posted about it. It's def a relief and I'm glad it's just further confirmed that he's a lying POS. That lie always drove me up the wall because if he was involved, I would want to leave my position as a mod/admin and not knowing made me feel more uneasy about staying.

My question is...what about everything else? Sry this is gonna be a long one

---Why haven't you released the transcripts after years of people posting about running into issues with the files so that people can make an informed listening decision? It would have helped/would help prevent a lot of issues.

Why not make the resource available for informed listening/harm reduction and even professional hypnotherapists or therapists as a resource for the off chance someone sees them about issues relating to the files. I know a bunch of people both online and irl who have had to attempt to explain the files to their therapists to work through lingering problems and that scenario that a professional might need more info on the contents to help someone isn't unrealistic.

---Why would you keep making the files more extreme without somehow trying to address the issues people are aeady running into? I know you don't condone what he did to us but he basically used us as in the way that the files script Bambi to be programmed/used/commanded/how she would unquestioningly obey while he would also enjoy the benefits of how Bambi is programmed to have trouble to resisting or is just unable to resist obeying to whatever commands. If like on your site it's meant to be real hypnosis haven't you considered that this kind of thing might come up esp with the complete lack of safeties when compared to the intensity of what's suggested and programmed in your files?

With stuff like: "Ensuring automatic unthinking compliance for even the most extreme, or unexpected suggestions..." and

"She is brought under control all of her triggers causing such automatic and irresistible responses whether or not she wants them."

"Unable to remember a time she could ever do anything, but agree and obey, pleasing and serving. Reacting to her triggers, which are no longer and have never been a choice. Any trigger programmed into a puppet can never be resisted. Bambi, sleep and obey. Bambi will obey any commands from any source at any time."

"So Bambi, just snap and forget ever having the ability to disobey anybody." (and more listed here about consent: https://pastes.io/dlwlipvhf4 )

...didn't you think with the problems people were aeady having/all the issues with doms aeady misusing the files/triggers to attempt to remove a non-consenting Bambi's agency/to override boundaries that not taking action to give Bambi more safeties would possibly end up in someone being hurt? Wouldnt you want to prevent that?

---I know you said you don't condone how he used the files but why would you then script things like this, with the intention of your files being real hypnosis/knowing that if the files work as scripted that these type of suggestions without safeties could seriously get someone hurt:

"Though she knows her training is good for her and must be obeyed, subconscious reactions can sometimes get in the way. It's natural for suggestions like these to cause a momentary stiffening of the body or mind. Perhaps an instant of heightened alertness or hesitation as a weak little instinct begins considering the possibility
[00:01:32] of attempting to resist and this unwanted tension might prevent Bambi from experiencing pleasure. So from now on, it will instead be a trigger. To stiffen is to relax. To hesitate is to comply. To consider resisting is to be overcome with pleasure. Every time Bambi's mind stiffens in response to a command, she instantly and automatically relaxes as a huge wave of pleasure rolls blissfully down through her body.
[00:02:03] All tension and hesitation immediately releases flows easily out through her gently spasming pussy and has forgotten and she simply complies feeling like a good girl. So easy to just let go. Just uncontrollably relaxing every time she stiffens. Such a powerful and automatic response. Try to stiffen bambi and just instantly relax completely
[00:02:29] limp. Any sort of tension is a trigger to relax, release, and comply. All resistance instantly released from her pussy with a surge of pleasure forgetting there was ever any hesitation. Feels so good. Such a good girl, bambi. Ensuring automatic unthinking compliance for even the most extreme, or unexpected suggestions.
[00:02:53] The slightest hesitation or subconscious resistance causing her to relax, release and comply, relaxing automatically releasing all hesitation and tension through her pretty bimbo pussy with a wave of pleasure and complying helplessly with the suggestion, allowing herself to be reprogrammed like such a good girl.
[00:03:15] That background level of pleasure and arousal is always there forcing Bambi to obey. Even just the slightest stiffening of the mind as the subconscious notices something that might arouse its suspicion but it's aeady too late. The defenses can never go up. Bambi is instantly plunging down. Bambi sleep gently, coming herself down into mindless bimbo obedience, relaxing, releasing, and complying...resistance leaking out of her quivering pussy.
[00:03:47] Mental safeguards obliterated completely. Happy, blank and dumb forgetting she ever tried to question. Just blissfully inescapable obedience, everything becoming so easy. So many things are trigger to relax, release and comply. The slightest hesitation or tension, obedience and pleasure merging permanently in her mind, indistinguishable and automatic, and even when bambi is wide awake and given a trigger,
[00:04:17] when she experiences any conditioned response, when she is commanded to sleep, puts on her uniform or tries to remove it. If her mind stiffens in order to consider attempting to resist, she just immediately and helplessly relaxes. She releases and complies pleasure coursing through her weak, bimbo body as the trigger takes full and complete effect. All opposition flowing, pleasantly out through her pussy, feeling like a good girl
[00:04:46] she is brought under control. All of her triggers causing such automatic and irresistible responses whether or not she wants them. Bambi doesn't get to pick and choose even just the act of noticing a particular trigger hasn't quite achieved its intended effect is itself a trigger instantly reinforcing, overwhelming her with an effect a hundred times more powerful, forcing her into line, ensuring the correct response." - bimbo pleasure

---I get you originally made the files for yourself but at some point I think as a creator even if you make something for yourself once you share it (and esp considering regardless if you wanted one you have a patreon) you have some responsibility to the people that listen especially when there is now a community of 24k peeps on reddit n 18k on discord.

What happened to us was awful but it could have been a lot worse. I haven't posted about all of the details about what James did but the fact he used the triggers in your files to assist as a tool (i don't just blame just the files I think he would have been abusive anyways/the files were a separate issue) and that contributed to us being sometimes put in life endangering situations/there were def times one of us could have died...like have you considered our story could have had a much worse headline and that there could be a story in the future with a worse headline?

---Do you care if your files are misused and all of the situations that people have posted about for years before what happened to us happened? Do you care about the fans that listened and after reading the transcripts have had to re-evaluate their listening or stopped listening because they didn't like what was actually in the files or that your site leaves out a lot of major things? I mean how do you feel about even long time fans being turned off by the actual contents and feeling misled or that they can't listen safely/wouldn't have started listening if they had seen the transcripts earlier on? These are things so many people constantly ask/bring up/and are is wondering in comments/voice chats and dms and I am passing on those questions cuz I would also like to know your feelings on those things.

The fantasies in your files are hot af and I do enjoy the idea of them but in reality they can translate to some not so fun things. It would be different if this were just some audio erotica but like...without proper safeties/transparency the reality of those fantasies can be really unpredictable and dangerous for people who listen and I don't understand why you haven't even just released transcripts or gone into slightly more detail on your site about the files so that people can make a truly informed listening decision. Again I've had so many people comment or message me who have listened for years that are huge fans of your files that were upset to see some of the things in the transcriptions that weren't ever touched upon in any detail on your site.

I'm wondering about all of these things more than anything. Thank you again for confirming that one thing tho. It's a relief. I don't expect you to address all the points I brought up and I know you generally don't comment a ton on online threads but maybe that's part of the problem...whatever intention you released or created the files aside from what you continued to create and what you have or haven't said/done it doesn't seem to me like you are ready to be accountable to the community that has formed around your files whether you intended on that or not.

If mods on the server can step up/people who don't even listen can work to try to create resources for harm reduction/informed listening so that the people who really want to listen can enjoy your files/the people who want to avoid any of the things in the files can be informed enough to avoid them for safety or whatever other reasons then like why can't you do the same? we aren't paid/also have jobs but since you are mostly absent in these continuing discussions we are the ones being held accountable to both your fans and the people who dislike what you have made. I don't understand how so many people can find the time to do these things (including a lot of the people here) but you somehow have not been able to step up to do the same.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - wolford57 - 28 Apr 2023

(27 Apr 2023, 00:14 )lurker Wrote: The real trick here is that the Bambi files are not solely hypnosis. They incorporate DID / TULPA / multiple personality features, as well as good old-fashioned conditioning. It seems like the DID-like stuff is what's doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. This is fairly interesting, and I think poorly understood.

Sorry, but I do not really buy any of that.

A lot of teenagers read The Fountainhead and decide they want to become architects. Most of them change their mind within a few weeks/months/years but a few stick with it. No hypnosis or occult forces required.

I think Bambi is much the same. It's a work of fiction that creates a compelling narrative around a character that some people identify with very strongly. And unlike most novels, it invites you to live out the story for yourself. Lots of kids read Harry Potter and wanted to become wizards, but that's not possible. But you can listen to Bambi, put on a uniform, and set up a Grindr account. There aren't many wizards, but the world is full of cocks that want to be sucked.

When your fantasies revolve in large part around giving up control, what could be more compelling than a set of files reputed to turn even the straightest of manly men into feminized, giggling bimbo sluts against their will? This is the part the creator got incredibly right.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - pansy - 28 Apr 2023

(28 Apr 2023, 20:23 )wolford57 Wrote: A lot of teenagers read The Fountainhead and decide they want to be ...

... selfish.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - Like Ra - 29 Apr 2023

(28 Apr 2023, 20:23 )wolford57 Wrote: I think Bambi is much the same. It's a work of fiction that creates a compelling narrative around a character that some people identify with very strongly.
This is exactly how Ericksonian hypnosis (and later NLP) works.

RE: Bambi Sleep stuff - MasterDQ - 29 Apr 2023

Well, there's a fair bit to unpack there. No promises that this will be nice, but let's get into it.

Quote:Why haven't you released the transcripts after years of people posting about running into issues with the files so that people can make an informed listening decision? It would have helped/would help prevent a lot of issues.
100% agree. @bambisleep I really think this ought to be the subject of the next update on your blog (also see my DM).

Quote:but he basically used us as in the way that the files script Bambi to be programmed/used/commanded/how she would unquestioningly obey while he would also enjoy the benefits of how Bambi is programmed to have trouble to resisting or is just unable to resist obeying to whatever commands.
I can't emphasize enough how important picking your partners carefully is when it comes to sex. Any kind of sex, but especially kinky stuff. RACK & SSC are not magic phrases, and if you let someone hypnotize you, or tie you up in bondage gear, or whatever... for God's sake make sure you can trust them first. Also be aware that predators go where the prey is. If you want to hunt zebras you go to southern Africa, not Japan. Especially - ESPECIALLY - if you are a woman, then find out more about the guy before you go over to his place, where he has the only set of keys. At least us guys tend to have more muscle, which makes things safer for us if we end up dating a particularly crazy woman.

Quote:If like on your site it's meant to be real hypnosis haven't you considered that this kind of thing might come up esp with the complete lack of safeties when compared to the intensity of what's suggested and programmed in your files?
Whilst I agree that proper transcripts would be a very good idea... well, two things. First, not everyone wants safeties. Some people genuinely want to be a real bimbo, or drone, or whatever, and safeties actively work against that. Heck, just take a perfectly vanilla hypnosis file, something full of mundane positive affirmations and so on. Where are the safeties there? They're missing, and with good reason.

Second, well you are also an adult. The creator of Bambi Sleep is not responsible for how anyone else uses the files, but you are responsible for how you use them.

Quote:all the issues with doms aeady misusing the files/triggers to attempt to remove a non-consenting Bambi's agency/to override boundaries
Three different things going on here.

1. Scumbag doms. See above. There are lots of creeps and weirdos in the kink world, and YOU need to learn how to spot them. Because when you're tied up and the guy decides that no means yes, or pulls out a knife, or worse... well trying to tell him "but you signed a piece of paper" or "that's not RACK" or whatever your safeword is... won't work.

2. Removing agency. I seriously question the extent to which this is really possible in terms of free will and such, but that is perhaps too philosophical a topic.

3. Overriding boundaries. First, people often like their boundaries being pushed. Second, note that the Buzzfeed article describes you (?) waking from trance suddenly when something notably bad happened - that's your subconscious mind protecting you by snapping you out of trance. It's a common thing with hypnosis - you push too far and bam, the person is out of it.

Quote:What happened to us was awful but it could have been a lot worse. I haven't posted about all of the details about what James did but the fact he used the triggers in your files to assist as a tool (i don't just blame just the files I think he would have been abusive anyways/the files were a separate issue) and that contributed to us being sometimes put in life endangering situations/there were def times one of us could have died...like have you considered our story could have had a much worse headline and that there could be a story in the future with a worse headline?
What is the creator supposed to do realistically? You can't vet every potential user (well, maybe he's really CIA, this is all MKULTRA stuff and so he can, but...). You have a far better safety feature than anything recordable built into your own mind - hence why you can wake up from trance despite... how many weeks of being conditioned with Bambi Sleep? That's a great testament to your mental faculties BTW. James actively tried to brainwash you for literal months and your mind just said "nope, had enough".

Quote:Do you care...
The best way to avoid having anyone harmed by cars is to ban cars. But we as a society believe a few thousands maimed for life, or killed, including children, is worth it. I doubt there's anyone here that doesn't care, but that's the wrong perspective to have.

Quote:The fantasies in your files are hot af and I do enjoy the idea of them but in reality they can translate to some not so fun things.
When you feel like dating again (not if, because you're clearly a tough one, and you'll get there), look for someone with a strong moral core. Forget all the consent-obsessed, XYZ-positive people, and focus on the moral. And then, then, after you've been doing some perfectly vanilla dating, met his friends, blah blah, and all that, well then you can see about doing kinky stuff. Hell, go find the most hardcore conservative Christian church in your area, and pick up a guy there. Whatever you might think about his ultra-MAGA politics or paleolithic views on women's healthcare or whatever... you'll probably be safer with him. Plus, if you tell him you want to be his slutty stay-at-home bimbo airhead wife... 99% of the time he'll be so motivated he'll secure himself three promotions just to pay for all the latex you'll be wearing from now on!

One more thing. Police and lawyers etc these days are a hell of a lot more understanding than they used to be, so find someone qualified who knows about the law and see what can be done about James. If what he did rises to the legal definition of sexual assault then you will be doing a lot of women a favor by getting him publicly named as a predator, not to mention locked up with any luck. Whilst I'll grant that he's not had a chance to defend himself, from what I've read he's the kind of guy I'd hang just on general principles. I can understand not wanting to go near all those memories again, but I have confidence you'll be fine.

=== === ===

I understand @katplanchette if some of that feels a bit like kicking you when you're down & then rubbing salt in the wounds, but I guess I've always been better at being honest than being nice. Best of luck with the future, in whatever form it takes.