Like Ra's Naughty Forum
How to improve the site navigation - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: How to improve the site navigation (/Thread-How-to-improve-the-site-navigation)

Pages: 1 2

How to improve the site navigation - Like Ra - 31 Dec 2009

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

RE: How to improve site navigation - Like Ra - 23 Nov 2012

Back to the old question. I've aeady asked about the self-bondage stuff. But now I mean the global navigation. Is the drop-down menu useful at all? What about the context-dependent left menu?

I'm looking into CSS3 to replace the JavaScript based menu with pure CSS/HTML one. And this is the perfect time to redesign the whole menu structure.

RE: How to improve the site navigation - krinlyc - 23 Nov 2012

Hmm not easy to answer ....

Maybe getting the whole page to web2.0 may be an interesting goal to reach...

krinlyc

RE: How to improve the site navigation - Like Ra - 25 Nov 2012

Can't make it work properly. And to create the same functionality I will need to use JS anyway. Mmmm... still experimenting...

RE: How to improve the site navigation - Like Ra - 13 Jun 2013

Updated Self-Bondage sections: Tales, General, Tech and Ideas. Still a bit messy and not clearly defined, but at least more materials are directly reachable now.

RE: How to improve the site navigation - Like Ra - 09 Jun 2020

And we are back to this question. The menus must be redesigned for many reasons. Mobile friendlyness is one of them. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

RE: How to improve the site navigation - egregious - 16 Jun 2020

Don't make it too different.
I have seen many sites change from functional but old fashion style forum, to whatever the latest design fad is & loose a fair number of users.
I am sure lots of others have been through this too.

RE: Cloudflare experiment - egregious - 03 Aug 2023

The streams pages could do with a shortcut to take you back to the 'all streams' page once you are 3-4 pages deep
(although I might just have missed it)

RE: How to improve the site navigation - Like Ra - 03 Aug 2023

(03 Aug 2023, 22:34 )egregious Wrote: The streams pages could do with a shortcut to take you back to the 'all streams' page once you are 3-4 pages deep
You can click the "Picture stream" menu item. Or did I not understand the question?

RE: How to improve the site navigation - egregious - 03 Aug 2023

(03 Aug 2023, 22:49 )Like Ra Wrote:
(03 Aug 2023, 22:34 )egregious Wrote: The streams pages could do with a shortcut to take you back to the 'all streams' page once you are 3-4 pages deep
You can click the "Picture stream" menu item. Or did I not understand the question?

OK, I got it now.
It's not as obvious as the old page, but you can get back to main streams page by clicking
" See other RSS streams. "