Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Electric time lock padlocks - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-bondage General (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-bondage-General)
+--- Thread: Electric time lock padlocks (/Thread-Electric-time-lock-padlocks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - Tinker D - 17 Nov 2019

(16 Nov 2019, 23:32 )Not tailLike Ra Wrote:
(16 Nov 2019, 17:04 )Tinker D Wrote: Maybe we could another tab “Shopping” under the self bondage tab, “Tails”.
Same for latex, pantyhose, spandex and others.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. We aeady have "Shopping" category in each subforum. "Tails"?
Not tails. Tales.

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - Like Ra - 08 Dec 2019

(17 Nov 2019, 00:00 )Zooy Wrote: What I mean with toys is anything we use to enhance the fun we have with our fetishes. That can be a chastity cage, but also a corset, nipple clamps, bondage rope, a sensory deprivation hood or as the name of this thread implies: an electric time padlock.
I would place them in the corresponding forums, for example, "Chastity cage" goes into https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Plugs-vibrators-watersport-and-chastity-toys

The best way would be to use tagging. Tagging was once used in this forum, but the plugin was quite buggy and eventually got abandoned.

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - essanym - 13 Feb 2020

As I mentioned in this post, I have an electronic time lock that I use for locking latex onto myself.  I bought the lock from a store on Etsy called "MyBDSM".  It's a fairly expensive lock but it's because this guy with the Etsy shop is buying a different lock at retail price and modifying the electronics to better suit bondage by replacing the firmware.  The shop doesn't stock a large volume of these locks so when he runs out, they disappear from his store page.  In case his store is out of the locks, here are direct links to the locks I'm talking about which will eventually be restocked (hopefully) - Medium Security Timer Lock - High Security Timer Lock

This lock has 5 buttons on the front of it and only 2 of them are in use after it's modified.  To set the time, you hold the middle button in and wait on the LED to light at a particular color and you tap the button as many times as you want for hours when the LED is red and as many times as you want for minutes (x10) when the LED is blue (30 minutes would be presing the button 3 times while the LED is blue).  You can only set the time when the shackle is open.  If you hold the button in while the shackle is closed, it will lock for the time you have set.

Also, there is a random time mode.  It's the same instructions for setting it and activating it as I typed out above, but you also hold the right button in with the middle button.  When you set the time on random mode, it will use that time as the maximum; the minimum random time will always be 20 minutes.

This lock doesn't have a charge port, you have to pop the back cover off and replace the battery but the back cover can only be removed when the shackle is open.  Mine actually came with a rechargeable coin cell battery (LIR2025), so I bought a few extra batteries and a coin cell charger.  I've used this lock quite a few times in the past month and haven't had to switch the battery yet.  Because it has a RGB LED inside it, if you press the center button, it will blink the LED to let you know whether the battery is ok or should be replaced.  If it blinks green, it's good.  If by chance that you run the battery down while it's locked, there is a piece of silicone that is covering two battery contacts that is accessible from the outside of the lock.  You would need to pop out the silicone cover and take your spare battery and press it up to the contacts in order to power the lock.  As soon as the lock receives power after being dead, it activates it's unlock function regardless of whether it was locked previously or not.  Since the internal battery and the external battery contacts are electrically in parallel, you can't use an external battery to bypass the timer and let you out.  Although, I suppose you could use a resistor and drain the internal battery enough so that the lock dies and then you could reset it with a good battery, but that's just a guess (don't do that).

I haven't used this lock for self bondage yet but I probably will.  Before I do that though, I'm going to show my wife everything I know about it so if the lock dies while in use, she will know how to reset it.  If it comes to it, she also knows where the bolt cutters are.

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - Like Ra - 13 Feb 2020

I think I've seen this lock on Ali...

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - The inspector - 13 Feb 2020

Looks like a nice piece of equipment.

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - madjack - 15 Feb 2020

I'm intrigued by electronic locks/timers etc, they offer some really neat options to self-bondage sessions, but my instinct is to avoid anything that doesn't 'fail-safe' - i.e. unlock if the power fails.

I'd rather be released earlier than planned (or at least know I'd be released when the battery died or when I managed to yank the power lead out), than suffer the horror of knowing I was stuck until someone found me... if they ever found me!

MJ

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - no smile - 16 Feb 2020

Indeed. I'm planning to buy this kind of lock but only for (night) bondage while I'm not alone ICO... It's great cause it allows you to be bound inescapably without having to ask to be released (she might sleep near me) while not wanting to spend the whole night in (eg)... And not having water one the bed in that case. (with a usual ice lock)

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - no smile - 29 Apr 2020

Update on my part here :
Since Etsy's seller is sold-out for several month now and these padlock are sold for like 60€-70€ I made another plan :

I bought the original lock on Ali (both the medium and high security ones) for around 30€ the set.  They are quite  hard to find since now, every seller offers hardly openable rechargeable lock.  (These are easy since you need to be able to change the battery.

Received them today.  I teared both of them appart and, good news, they are both based on the same ARM bluetooth chip (cc5241 from TI for those wondering) and the serial port are available right on the board 😊

So the plan is to make a roughly similar firmware for them.  I had hope to make a better version using the bluetooth functionality but this will be hard because it need a private compiler from Texas instrument which cost 3000$...  (And I won't buy it no, don't ask xD )
Still, it seems that this compiler has a free version with limited firmware size.  Too limited to include bluetooth but still, it could include the timer function.
Another option would be to use an open source alternative (SDCC) but, well, I'm not that confident with compiler so this will be the option B if the first one does not work 😉.  This could be an alternative for the bluetooth function, but I'm not sure I'll go that far since I don't see a big advantage here : the bluetooth range is quite limited, probably due to the full metal enclosure.

Tomorrow will be a first try on the compiler install, then waiting for the programmer bought on ebay.  I'll keep you updated if anyone dares to try  Diablo 😁

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - leonixy - 02 May 2020

i am this "Etsy's seller" 😁
All padlocks is available - but  international post do not working or have big delay up to 90 days, so selling is fully
stopping.
i also finish new micro padlock modification, it smaller and cheaper but less stronger.It have USB and lipo inside.

i also finishing testing "new device"- 50kg force up to 7h

RE: Electric time lock padlocks - no smile - 02 May 2020

ow...  Great to hear your are amongst us.  😊 

Sorry for hijacking your idea, I thought it would be fun to test during this quarantine. 😉  (I bought them 4 weeks ago, did not hope them that soon)   But I won't sell it if that's a wonder.  (and ultimately, since it's a little more complicated than esp8266 programming, if I'm unable to do it, well, I know where to go 😉 )

I see you where able to open the rechargeable one.  I thought it would be difficult and, well, since it was mainly a test project, I did not took the chance to end up buying another padlock...