Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Small fears - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-bondage General (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-bondage-General)
+--- Thread: Small fears (/Thread-Small-fears)

Small fears - Scales - 27 Feb 2016

I've been into self bondage for a long time, specifically sleeping in bondage. But due to small fears, I only ever really sleep with my legs tied up. I've been tempted to wear gags, but I don't know how the human body sleeps, will I swallow the saliva in my sleep, or drown in it? That small thing that I don't know is what stops me from a lot of my dream scenarios. As well as numbness in my arms from having them behind my back for too long, I don't know hat happens when you go numb for too long. 

Anyone care to reassure me?

RE: Small fears - Culmor - 27 Feb 2016

Far from it.they're some very sensible fears I think.
As far as I know no-one here is medically qualified to answer your questions but I would love to be proved wrong.

RE: Small fears - Tinker D - 27 Feb 2016

Years ago, I slept in a standard jumpsuit. Not a fetish type like spandex, but just a standard run of the mill type.
The next morning, both of my arms were so numb, I had to move and shake about before I could use them.
I was told that I should not sleep on my side because sleeping on your side with your arms pintch, will make them go numb.

But I think it was the jumpsuit getting twisted caused the numbness.

But that's me.

RE: Small fears - Like Ra - 27 Feb 2016

You never know, unless you try. Despite we are all similar, we are all different. We have different abilities and disabilities. As I said, "sleeping test" is the best test. For example, you can try how your body reacts to gags, by wearing a gag over night with your arms unbound. You can test how your arms will react to binds, but using a simple rope loop, that can be easily undone, etc.

RE: Small fears - Scales - 28 Feb 2016

Aight.. I'll do some trial and error. Thank you all.

RE: Small fears - Strappado - 28 Feb 2016

Error could be quite bad, so be careful! People have choked on their own puke, so why not on saliva? And numbness comes in two flavors. Low blood-supply isn't dangerous, but squeezed nerves or a complete stop of the blood flow can be fatal. Hard to tell the reasons for your trouble with arms behind the back.

I have a very simple rule: When I feel uncomfortable about something, I don't do it.

And I agree with Likera: Try one thing at a time and do it in a way that you can get free quickly.

My personal recommendation: Don't use anyhting around your neck or anything that can make breathing difficult.

RE: Small fears - Tinker D - 28 Feb 2016

Agreed.

RE: Small fears - Scales - 28 Feb 2016

Well, I might be a little desperate, but I'm not dumb, I'm a safety first kind of person~
I'm going to try things nice and slow and hopefully all goes well and I can sleep in what I wish.

RE: Small fears - Marc - 10 Oct 2020

I have aeady slept in a straitjacket 7 hours (I was not alone)
I also made submissives sleep in straitjackets 8 / 9 hours
So you can sleep tied

RE: Small fears - Strappado - 11 Oct 2020

(10 Oct 2020, 17:10 )Marc Wrote: I have aeady slept in a straitjacket 7 hours (I was not alone)
I also made submissives sleep in straitjackets 8 / 9 hours
So you can sleep tied

I have not had any accident in my car for decades. So traffic is safe, accidents only happen to others...

Sorry, but experience is not a good insurance against accidents. you can tie up someone like there is no tomorrow, and he will wake up fine (even tomorrow), and you can attach a piece of string to the wrist to another one and while he wants to rush to the toilet, he trips and dies a horrible death.

Or, much shorter: I am rather in favour of general warnings than of general okays. Listening to a warning usually causes less problems.