Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: What to look for in a bondage kit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everybody here knows I get weak knees for rope bondage, but after a little incident in my last session which included some burns and a bruised lip I'm starting to be more open towards acquiring proper bondage gear.

I just ordered this 'starter kit' which includes handcuffs, elastic corset (yeah kind of against the purpose lol) leg spreader, leg raiser & a strap on.

Anyway, what was your first heavy duty bdsm gear? What would you recommend for durability and comfort? Would you recommend buying a complete kit or is it better to buy higher quality pieces at a time?
I would stay away from a kit and here’s why.
I have found that a kit may not fit your build.
Example...
Collar: chances are it will be a bit on the short side.
You’ll need two of them together for my neck.
Wrist cuffs: way too small.... For me.
Ankle cuffs: works well for male wrists. Short on ankles.
Bondage belt: if your bondage belt is not at lease 46 inches, then it won’t work.
Thigh cuffs: I have thunder thighs, so the bondage waist belt works here.
However, the thigh cuffs did work as a collar.

But this is me. 6 foot 1 inch, 215 lbs with a 42 waist that comes and go’s depending on what I have for dinner.

So what I would do, because I need to replace my own kit, is to get a set of ankle cuffs first. Save the seller’s info, and when it arrives, see if it will fit your ankles. It does fit, then go and get the wrist cuffs.
If the ankle cuff does not fit your ankles, then try the ankle cuffs on your wrists.
If that works, then you will have a better idea of your needs and not have a pile of bondage gear that won’t do anything for you except take up space somewhere.

So, have fun shopping and waiting for your new toys.
(20 Aug 2021, 00:45 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]I would stay away from a kit and here’s why.
I have found that a kit may not fit your build.
Basically, you're saying that your bondage kit was too small for you 😉
The bondage kit I ordered was the largest I could find.
Still not big enough.
And the local sex shop carries nothing .
(20 Aug 2021, 00:45 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]I have found that a kit may not fit your build.
Now that you mention it, I'm having some flashbacks of the first pair of high heels I bought. Even if you chose the same shoe size, there is a difference between male and female feet, so I had to return to the shop and change them to a larger size.

And the inverse has happened to me too, I bought a beautiful wine-magenta evening dress but it was too big on the waist area. It looked like I was wearing a tent.
(20 Aug 2021, 01:43 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]KUB cuffs:
I think I'm in love... I definitely want a pair now.
just get a good set of leather (real or otherwise) cuffs for any area of your body that you want to restrain..

I bought a 7 piece set in large (Wrist/Ankles/Thighs/Collar) on ebay.. all fit pretty well, thigh cuffs are a bit snug, but that more my fault than theirs (cyclist thighs)

Never wanted rope burns or 24hrs marks so avoided the issue from day one!
(20 Aug 2021, 05:17 )RedEmeraldKitsune Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 Aug 2021, 01:43 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]KUB cuffs:
I think I'm in love... I definitely want a pair now.

These videos almost gave me a HFO years back. Now you need "to sign in to confirm your age":

youtube.com/watch?v=tgN0LCqFoeQ

youtube.com/watch?v=PlHdgA_PmF4

youtube.com/watch?v=HAYJcxXJHxY
(20 Aug 2021, 07:59 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]Never wanted rope burns or 24hrs marks so avoided the issue from day one!
That's a smart move. For me there's something about the feeling of rope against my body that I like, but after so many mistakes, burns, nerve pinching and close calls. I'm very willing to give other materials and gears a try.

Just 2 more days... the wait is eternal.

Actually waiting for new gear feels a lot like a bdsm session. Very exiting and I can't seem to stop thinking about all the devious things I'll do to myself.
Pages: 1 2