Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Long range connection from Pc to laptop.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Always been a fan of using high powered computers even when you are far away from them and have loved things like Nvidia shield and streaming services but dear God does it suck ass. Might be simply the combo of coaxial and 4g but a ping of 100 for running a computer is tantamount to shitting bricks when you try to do anything more then edit a word document. Has anyone ever dabled in this arcane art at all?
Not sure what you want to achieve. Do you want to build a high powered computer, do you want to build a thin client to access that HPC, do you have a remote HPC and a local PC, and you are looking for a medium to connect them?
I use Remote Desktop constantly. I write this post via remote desktop. I also use SSH for my Linux machines. SSH is text-only (Linux sucks at graphics anyway) and Remote Desktop works really great as long as I don't try anything video (movies, games, youtube, animated web pages).
Are you trying to play games remotely? That will NEVER work.
(30 May 2021, 20:04 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]I use Remote Desktop constantly.
I use TightVNC for all devices - it properly supports Copy&Paste and fast enough for videos.
(30 May 2021, 20:04 )Max515 Wrote: [ -> ]SSH is text-only
SSH does have the capability to forward X11 (with some setup) using the -X flag. However, there is no audio, you'll need to set up a PulseAudio server for that.