Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Plastic key/lock instead of metal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we have some discussion about this but I don't remember what was the conclusion. So, question is :

can this be used instead of metal lock on this this (or similar)  cage  ?

I would like to have better emergency release solution and plastic lock seems to correspond to that request. 
Any opinions ?
(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have some discussion about this but I don't remember what was the conclusion.
It's here: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread...7#pid26707

(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]can this be used instead of metal lock on this this (or similar)  cage  ?
Speaking from my own experience with a multitude of various even similar looking cages - there are different generations not compatible with each other. So it's better to ask the seller.

(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]plastic lock seems to correspond to that request. 
It takes some efforts to close/open the "hidden lock". I don't know what force the plastic key can withstand.
(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have some discussion about this but I don't remember what was the conclusion. So, question is :

I would like to have better emergency release solution and plastic lock seems to correspond to that request. 
Any opinions ?

I've bought them, has worked in all the ones that use similar metal, and so far ones where they are not fully interchangeable.

I use those now instead of the metal ones, after having this happen:

[attachment=26793]

The lock failed, broke. Tried to drill the lock out. Didn't work. Couldn't get any saw blades including my jewelers saw to cut in the gap. Ended up calling the fire department. 

This device is now a teaching aid lol
(07 Nov 2017, 15:34 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]plastic lock seems to correspond to that request. 
It takes some efforts to close/open the "hidden lock". I don't know what force the plastic key can withstand.

so far have had mine locked in for 4 days, no issues, in a metal device with the hidden lock. The good thing about the plastic is that if the lock fails, it can be drilled out and/or cut/broken to remove the device, where if the metal lock fails (like mine did) there is the possibility of requiring a rather humiliating removal call lol
(07 Nov 2017, 17:28 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: [ -> ]
(07 Nov 2017, 14:02 )Vixien Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have some discussion about this but I don't remember what was the conclusion. So, question is :

Any opinions ?

I've bought them, has worked in all the ones that use similar metal, and so far ones where they are not fully interchangeable.

I use those now instead of the metal ones, after having this happen:

[Image: tumblr_ov24s5l2411s6oiako1_1280.jpg]

The lock failed, broke. Tried to drill the lock out. Didn't work. Couldn't get any saw blades including my jewelers saw to cut in the gap. Ended up calling the fire department. 

This device is now a teaching aid lol

That is exactley what I'm afraid of.