Gatta 'Black Brilliant' tights.

2 Replies, 305 Views

I saw these Gatta ‘Black Brilliant' tights on offer recently and was so taken by their shine I had to buy a couple of pairs.

 gatta pack.jpg   

They’re rather oddly cut with a seam down the inside of the leg, somewhere betweem tights and leggings and I thought I’d compare them with other high-end ultra-shine seamed tights from Wolford and Platino.
 Gatta.JPG     W&P.JPG   

Some statistics:
Gatta Black Brilliant 24% elastane £25 (Before special offer)
Platino Luxe Fata 20% elastane £30
Wolford Satin de Luxe 19% elastane £60

The Wolfords are an old favourite of mine that have been around for over twenty years. They’re very stretchy and easy to put on with a good fit. They feel smoother up-and-down than sideways but aren’t particularly slippery.

 1 Wolford.JPG   

The Platino’s aren’t so stretchy and their fit relies more on their tailoring so they can be a struggle to get into, particularly at the heel. The lack of stretch means they’re prone to tiny creases at the joints. Their redeeming feature is a very silky, almost oily, texture. Other styles in their range are treated with silicone so I suspect that’s what’s going on here.

 2 Platino.JPG   

Gatta feel much thicker than the other two, very smooth and quite slippery but without the oily feel of the Platinos. They fit well and their extra elastane makes them very ‘huggy’. The only fault I can find with them (and it’s a very minor one) is that because they’re less tailored than the other two pairs they’re very slightly wide just above the ankles. I like them very much and they’re certainly worth their price (especially at 20% off!) if their inseam isn’t a deal-breaker for you.

 3 Gatta.JPG   

I’m not going to score them as we all have our likes and dislikes but I will say all three are top quality tights. Incidentally when researching I found I have a few other pairs in the same style that I that I haven’t reviewed, one pair because it didn’t have a manufacturer’s name-tag and a couple that were Sockshop ‘dupes’ of the Wolfords. As Sockshop closed (for the third time!) in 2006 I didn’t think there was much point.
(This post was last modified: 25 Sep 2026, 15:18 by Culmor.)
Nice write up, thanks!

I have a couple of pairs of Platino Luxe Fata myself so this looks like a good addition to the collection. Just bought a pair off Amazon 😊
 IMG_20211013_132145297.jpg     IMG_20220622_180336515.jpg   
Hi!
Yes, they’re great. I have a few pairs of these Gatta tights, too. I really like wearing them under my trousers for work on cold days.
 I also have the footless legging version and a long-sleeved leotard made of the same material.
The material is very durable and shiny 😊

Piotr