Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - herrpee - 13 Sep 2015

I use FF (v 40.0.3) , win 7
I'll download chrome some day and try it, but I ain't no fan of google.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 13 Sep 2015

Strange, I also use firefox (different versions, different systems). Any proxy servers in between? Or funny extensions?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 13 Sep 2015

Added favicon (LR on the left side of the side name in the browser tabs). What do you think?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - herrpee - 14 Sep 2015

(13 Sep 2015, 13:22 )Like Ra Wrote: Strange, I also use firefox (different versions, different systems). Any proxy servers in between? Or funny extensions?

No proxy.
I use adblock and ghostery, but those 2 never gave me problems (up till now?)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 14 Sep 2015

Yes, they are fine. I wonder if you are indeed "lucky" to be exactly in time with the crashes, upgrades, and restarts 😁

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - herrpee - 15 Sep 2015

Who knows 😊 Usually I'm not not known for my luck, rather vice versa.

You have an favicon for your site! Nice, I missed that.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 15 Sep 2015

BTW, HHVM crashed again (and automatically restarted) in the morning at 05:51 GMT:

Sep 15 05:51 stacktrace.22933.log

😕

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 16 Sep 2015

Just look at these $#&$&*@ site rippers:

rippers-20150916.png thumbnail   

Without HHVM, the site would be down all day today.  If only I could run HHVM in repository authoritative mode, the CPU load would be several times lower...

Still, I've done a good job 😉

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madscientist - 16 Sep 2015

Heyho,

if that traffic somehow has a pattern (known spambot/botnet/whatever), maybe you should check whether fail2ban could be used to solve this - if you're familiar with regexes, you can match that against the logfile and block the incoming packets using IPTables or so. You could also import a blocklist (Spamhaus for example) into that....
Had to do that myself with an old project of mine - saved me from having to get a more expensive server though, so was worth the effort.
BTW, nice favicon you got!

Regards

madscientist

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 16 Sep 2015

No, in this case they were real users from t-ipconnect.de 😁 The IP-addresses are dynamic, so blocking has a limited effect.

(16 Sep 2015, 21:25 )madscientist Wrote: BTW, nice favicon you got!
(15 Sep 2015, 08:54 )herrpee Wrote: You have an favicon for your site! Nice, I missed that.

Thanks guys, finally made it three days ago:

(13 Sep 2015, 21:36 )Like Ra Wrote: Added favicon

Was too lazy to draw it by hand, though. Will probably redo it .. later ... 😁