Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 31 May 2021

(31 May 2021, 12:39 )Like Ra Wrote: I've finally tweaked the "fancybox" plugin (the one that shows the gallery) - the thumbnails load 3 times faster now, almost do not use CPU (no PHP processing) and are fully cached.

Some preliminary results:

cpu_load_drop_2021-05-31_19-48-10.png thumbnail   

The CPU load dropped quite obviously.

So did the page load time and page size:

load_time_2021-05-31_19-52-53.png thumbnail     page_size_2021-05-31_19-51-38.png thumbnail   

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 31 May 2021

I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall) - another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse. Please let me know if something stops working.

(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse.
Checked the logs... I definitely should have done it before 😂

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Lancer - 01 Jun 2021

(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall) - another thing I should've added years ago. Theoretically it should protect from standard/simple hacking techniques and various service abuse. Please let me know if something stops working.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 01 Jun 2021

Guys, let me know if any of your actions get denied. I've just disabled two security filters, which blocked post quoting. Yeah, everything "better" comes with a price tag...

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 02 Jun 2021

(31 May 2021, 18:56 )Like Ra Wrote: I'm currently experimenting with the Apache security module (application firewall)
Fighting false positives is ... f...fun ... CRS is not quite compatible with WordPress.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 04 Jun 2021

Cumulative effect of the tweaked plugin and the application firewall:

cpu_load_drop_2021-06-04_01-05-51.png thumbnail   

Very satisfying I must say 😎

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 07 Jun 2021

If someone got "Forbidden - you are not allowed to access this resource" while uploading a file to the forum - this should be fixed now. It was a false positive for the "MULTIPART_UNMATCHED_BOUNDARY - Multipart parser detected a possible unmatched boundary" security rule.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 09 Jun 2021

The forum is barely responding today - no ideas why yet. Checking everywhere.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 09 Jun 2021

For some reason after some time PHP stops replying to Apache...