Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 01 Apr 2018

@madjack - any luck?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 02 Apr 2018

(01 Apr 2018, 22:42 )Like Ra Wrote: @madjack - any luck?

Yeeeeeaahhhh! Fixed!!

Well done @likera another brilliant debugging  😁

MJ

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 02 Apr 2018

And my fix is included in the next MyBB release 😉

RE: Inspiration (latex photos and videos) - Culmor - 13 Apr 2018

Quote: More scary latex Nuns to inspire @culmor
Hmm, I'm more worried that I go away for three days and the site forgets who I am. It'll be Ra fiddling with his bits again I imagine 😉

RE: Inspiration (latex photos and videos) - Culmor - 13 Apr 2018

He's never yet sorted that 'Alerts' problem out 😊

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 13 Apr 2018

(13 Apr 2018, 18:54 )culmor Wrote: Hmm, I'm more worried that I go away for three days
How can you go away for so long?
(13 Apr 2018, 18:54 )culmor Wrote: the site forgets who I am.
But I hope it still recognizes your password? 😉

Check if you use HTTP or HTTPS. After SO MANY DAYS AWAY you (or your browser) might forget to use the proper protocol. Always use HTTPS.

(13 Apr 2018, 18:54 )culmor Wrote: It'll be Ra fiddling with his bits again I imagine
You have a luxuriant imagination 😁

(13 Apr 2018, 18:57 )culmor Wrote: He's never yet sorted that 'Alerts' problem out
You said, that the page is "messed up", can you make a screenshot?

Currently there are three problems with alerts:

1- The position of the window is not calculated automatically.
2- The window is not properly placed over other elements, so the whole page shift several pixel to the right.
3- The pop-up is not scrollable.

As I mentioned many times earlier, there is a universal workaround - go to "User CP" (top left), click on "View Alerts" (vertical menu on the left).

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Culmor - 13 Apr 2018

Quote:3- The pop-up is not scrollable.
That's the problem I have.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Culmor - 13 Apr 2018

Quote:How can you go away for so long?

Culmor by name, Culmor by nature...
I've been walking up-hill and down-dale in areas without any internet access. They still exist...

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 13 Apr 2018

(13 Apr 2018, 21:34 )culmor Wrote:
Quote:How can you go away for so long?

Culmor by name, Culmor by nature...
I've been walking up-hill and down-dale in areas without any internet access. They still exist...

Ahhh, the joys of 'not spots' - my favourite places to escape to.

MJ

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 13 Apr 2018

(13 Apr 2018, 21:34 )culmor Wrote: I've been walking up-hill and down-dale in areas without any internet access. They still exist...
Arrghhh... I wish, but have to wait till summer... Barely alive, to be honest... For how long can you work 12 hours a day and sleep 5 hours a night?