Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Water Lock - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-Bondage Techniques (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage-Techniques)
+--- Thread: Water Lock (/Thread-Water-Lock)

Pages: 1 2

Water Lock - susanr - 23 Jun 2010

I thought I would share this timed release device that I have been using lately.

It is an a-frame with a swinging arm on top. On one end of the arm hangs a 2 gallon bucket. On the other end there is a post going upwards where weight-lifting style weights may be put. The weighted side also has a metal rod that hangs from it. When the weighted side is down the rod fits into a hole in the base plate of the device. I use a locking ring that the rod goes through before the hole in the baseplate.

Then attached to the lock ring can either be a line to a hanging key, or part of the bindings, etc. The only caveat is that too much tension applied to the lock ring may prevent the rod from moving upwards at the right time. This is no problem for light objects like keys, but if there is a tensioned line going to the bindings then at some point the tension would need to be lessened to allow the rod to move.

Now the timing mechanism itself, a source of water (or other liquid) that will enter the bucket. Once enough weight of water is in the bucket to offset the weights added to the other end of the arm, then the rod will be pulled out of the hole and the lock ring will be released, dropping a key or removing the anchor point of a binding.

My general method of using this is to hang a water filled bucket above the device and put a small hole into it to allow the water to drip out into the lock bucket. The time can be controlled to a great degree on when the lock will be released, either by the amount of weight, the size of the incoming water stream, or the amount of water that starts in the lock bucket. Times as low as a minute or as much as many many hours could be setup using this lock.

Since the original session that I created it for I have used it quite reliably in a number of other sessions.

RE: Water Lock - Strappado - 23 Jun 2010

I have read about similar devices but they came with a second bucket, bottle or whatever containing a drink and a straw. And filling the release bucket is done by peeing into it. Probably pure fiction, I can't imagine that anybody can fill a standard size bucket this way in a reasonable time.

Your device is much more reasonable and worth a try 😊 As a matter of fact, there were clocks in ancient times using the same idea.

RE: Water Lock - Like Ra - 24 Jun 2010

Susanr, could you please post a picture? It would definitely help to understand how it's made and how it works.

RE: Water Lock - Like Ra - 24 Jun 2010

(23 Jun 2010, 19:11 )Strappado Wrote: filling the release bucket is done by peeing into it. Probably pure fiction, I can't imagine that anybody can fill a standard size bucket this way in a reasonable time.

Sounds like one of BoundAnna scenarios 😉 Very creative, but useless, not-working or plainly dangerous or even lethal.

RE: Water Lock - susanr - 24 Jun 2010

(24 Jun 2010, 00:01 )Like Ra Wrote: Susanr, could you please post a picture? It would definitely help to understand how it's made and how it works.

I will try to dig it out this weekend and get a couple pictures of it, and if I get the opportunity, may even use it! 😊

RE: Water Lock - susanr - 26 Jun 2010

I look a couple pictures of my water lock, how do I post them here?

RE: Water Lock - Like Ra - 26 Jun 2010

(26 Jun 2010, 14:18 )susanr Wrote: I look a couple pictures of my water lock, how do I post them here?

You can click "New reply", then scroll a bit down to the Attachments section.
Browse -> Add Attachment.

RE: Water Lock - susanr - 26 Jun 2010

Thanks. Here are the pictures. One locked and one unlocked. This is made from wood with the exception of the locking rod (on the left) which is made of steel. Everything except stainless steel parts is painted to protect against rust or destroying the wood.

As pictured, there is a 5 pound weight on the lock arm, requiring about a gallon of water in the bucket to release the lock. If I remember rightly, I was able to build the whole thing in a few hours, and then a few days for several coats of paint. The upright arms and base I bought from Home Depot. The uprights are just fancy shelf brackets and the base was a sign board. The lock arm and the stop were made from a strip of oak. The stop exists to prevent the weighted side of the arm from pressing down on the lock rod and possibly damaging the eye screws where the rod hangs from the arm. There is an eye bolt on the left bent at a 90 degree angle that the lock rod passes through, this is to prevent the ring from traveling up the rod if there is any upwards pressure on the line connected to it. The 4 holes in the corners allow the lock to be mounted to something to better secure it if needed.

My typical use is to hang a set of keys that will get dropped when the ring is released. I have also used it to secure a binding point when I would not need tension on the binding point, just a means from being able to move my arm, in this case the lock was screwed onto a metal baseplate that was then clamped to a table or other anchoring provided to keep the lock from moving.

Since I tend to use water as part of many of my sessions, either the shower, sprinklers, or even rain, water is the primary means that I use for releasing the lock. When water is not a direct part of my session then I hang another bucket above the lock with a spigot on the bottom that lets me control the flow rate, this
stream of water then feeds into the lock bucket to eventually release me.

I have used the lock for sessions as little as 15 minutes and as long as 8 hours. Depending on the amount of weight and size of the incoming water stream, very long sessions are possible.

locked.JPG thumbnail   
 unlocked.JPG thumbnail   

RE: Water Lock - mrlatex99 - 26 Jun 2010

Ahhhh! The pictures help greatly! Of course the weight and amount of water can be varied too 😊

RE: Water Lock - susanr - 27 Jun 2010

Yep, and with a little work you can find out just how much weight/water will give you the length of session you want, accurate to within a few minutes. I often do sessions where I really push the finishing point close to where something undesirable would happen, like being discovered, and so timing is important to many of my sessions. I have looked at various timers and decided that with loss of electricity I may not get released when I needed to, and with ice locks the timing was too variable. Although a backup can get me out, usually I am blindfolded and so do not know the time of when I would need to use the backup. This solution has really worked out great for me.