Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Self-Bondage Art - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-Bondage Art (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage-Art)
+--- Thread: Self-Bondage Art (/Thread-Self-Bondage-Art)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Self-Bondage Art - lugnuts - 09 Dec 2022

I've been fiddling with 3D art a bit, and would post my handiwork.

Unfortunately right now I don't have a discrete place to post my pics and the 'add image' asks for an URL. Is there a way to upload them?

RE: Self-Bondage Art - essanym - 09 Dec 2022

(09 Dec 2022, 20:43 )lugnuts Wrote: I've been fiddling with 3D art a bit, and would post my handiwork.

Unfortunately right now I don't have a discrete place to post my pics and the 'add image' asks for an URL. Is there a way to upload them?

Actually, @Like Ra prefers that you upload them rather than put a URL.  That way, if the remote server ever goes away, we won't have a bunch of dead picture links.  When you want to post your images, look for the "Attachments" box below the reply box.  You're going to need to hit the "New Reply" button or the "Go to Full Reply" button to see the box I'm referring to, the "Quick Reply" windows doesn't have that. You can drag & drop or browse to your images to attach them.

RE: Self-Bondage Art - Like Ra - 10 Dec 2022

(09 Dec 2022, 20:43 )lugnuts Wrote: Is there a way to upload them?
https://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/69526 😊

RE: Self-Bondage Art - lugnuts - 12 Dec 2022

Working on a box

outcyclescloseup.png thumbnail   

I've been applying an industrial design eye to the box. 

Some thoughts.
It's a big investment to make something like this, it seems worth doing it right.
As I modeled it, the box will be "floppy" - the back is just a 10mm panel. If I were really making it I'd make a frame behind it 5-10 cm thick.  One lovely feature of boxes is being able to wheel your victim off to a new location, so making the box sturdy enough to handle that is something I'd definitely want.

Laying the box down is useful lots of times. But then it's really awkward to get into the box, or else the box is on the floor and the top has to kneel down. So I designed a trestle to go with it. With someone in the box, the center of gravity is high enough it can easily be tilted back. There's a square frame on the back of the box. The lower rim of the frame catches on the bar on the end of the trestle, and becomes a hinge. Since the center of gravity is somewhere near the hinge, it should be easy to tilt the box back horizontal.  The rest of the square frame becomes a guide to make sure the box stays on the trestle. Once fully tilted the box can be slid back fully onto the trestle.

Here's a pic of the trestle arrangment

outeveemechanism.png thumbnail   

The horizontal boards to make adjustable dividers are flexible but don't allow for precise adjustment. I'm thinking of replacing them with some other system.

The holes in the dividers need to be positioned so the user's weight isn't on the divider edges when the box is laid down. And I'm playing with options for padding in the back.

Some threaded inserts in the dividers would be a nice solution for mounting toys like a fixed penis gag or fucking machine.

Having separate dividers means you can do variations - hands at sides, hands beside head, hands in with torso, divider below breasts with arm holes for breast play.

While stuffy is part of the experience, do make sure there's enough ventilation to not be a hazard.

What else should I be thinking about? I'm having fun just thinking through all the details of my box.

RE: Self-Bondage Art - Tinker D - 12 Dec 2022

Something like an Iron Maiden, except without the spikes.
But maybe something extra on the lid ??

RE: Self-Bondage Art - vanessa_fetish - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 14:08 )Tinker D Wrote: Something like an Iron Maiden, except without the spikes.

(12 Dec 2022, 17:09 )vanessa_fetish Wrote:
(12 Dec 2022, 14:08 )Tinker D Wrote: Something like an Iron Maiden, except without the spikes.

Haha - As added punishment there are big speakers and if the slave isn't good she gets Iron Maiden played at high volume.

I started drawing this along with writing a story, in the story the box is filled with pillows.  @Like Ra  mentioned a bondage box filled with those air pillow packing things.
And yup, any number of devious devices in front of face. 
A scoop type of hood thing would prevent occupant from turning their head. Combined with a hole in the front of the box that could be lots of fun.

(Hey, an iron lung would make a crazy bondage device).

RE: Self-Bondage Art - essanym - 14 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 13:59 )lugnuts Wrote: I've been applying an industrial design eye to the box. 

Some thoughts.
It's a big investment to make something like this, it seems worth doing it right.
As I modeled it, the box will be "floppy" - the back is just a 10mm panel. If I were really making it I'd make a frame behind it 5-10 cm thick.  One lovely feature of boxes is being able to wheel your victim off to a new location, so making the box sturdy enough to handle that is something I'd definitely want.

Laying the box down is useful lots of times. But then it's really awkward to get into the box, or else the box is on the floor and the top has to kneel down. So I designed a trestle to go with it. With someone in the box, the center of gravity is high enough it can easily be tilted back. There's a square frame on the back of the box. The lower rim of the frame catches on the bar on the end of the trestle, and becomes a hinge. Since the center of gravity is somewhere near the hinge, it should be easy to tilt the box back horizontal.  The rest of the square frame becomes a guide to make sure the box stays on the trestle. Once fully tilted the box can be slid back fully onto the trestle.

Here's a pic of the trestle arrangment

The horizontal boards to make adjustable dividers are flexible but don't allow for precise adjustment. I'm thinking of replacing them with some other system.

The holes in the dividers need to be positioned so the user's weight isn't on the divider edges when the box is laid down. And I'm playing with options for padding in the back.

Some threaded inserts in the dividers would be a nice solution for mounting toys like a fixed penis gag or fucking machine.

Having separate dividers means you can do variations - hands at sides, hands beside head, hands in with torso, divider below breasts with arm holes for breast play.

While stuffy is part of the experience, do make sure there's enough ventilation to not be a hazard.

What else should I be thinking about? I'm having fun just thinking through all the details of my box.

This is super interesting to me as I recently acquired a lot of wood including 3 full 4' x 8' sheets of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood.  I've been thinking of something kinky I could build with all the wood I got and a box like this is definitely on the short list.  I will definitely be following along with this if you will continue to document your progress.

Should the cutouts for the captive have some sort of padding?  I was considering that for mine as I would actually like to be held in the middle rather than against the back side.  Doing that may only be feasible with padding of some sort.

Expanding upon the trestle idea, I wonder if building the box such that it can rotate via pivot points on each side would be useful or interesting in any way.  If it were built with an attached stand in mind, imagine the top being able to lay you flat or turn you on your head with ease.

RE: Self-Bondage Art - no smile - 14 Dec 2022

Something like a space spinning chair would be awesome….  😋

original-11712-1395257014-36.jpg thumbnail