Like Ra's Naughty Forum
COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: General discussion (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-General-discussion)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Off-topic)
+--- Thread: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info (/Thread-COVID-19-and-SARS-CoV-2-info)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Like Ra - 26 Dec 2020

I would mention:

o- Nature & ecology (the situation has improved greatly there)
o- The noise level dropped (I live in a city)
o- Employers began to embrace WFH style
o- Spreading of other contagious diseases slowed down considerably
o- Non-network&computer oriented countries made a huge technology leap forward (Italy)
o- The world forgot Greta Thunberg

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Tinker D - 26 Dec 2020

And I just heard the greatest news of all. My Daughter just texted that the family has been cleared of covid. Every one is ok and so are the grandkids.
Some in law is cleared for work as of today. But is going to wait till after the new year. Boss man says no problem. See you in 2021.

Best Christmas gift EVER.

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Like Ra - 26 Dec 2020

(26 Dec 2020, 02:44 )Tinker D Wrote: Best Christmas gift EVER.
Told ya! You may not believe, but this is how egregors work. This site is great! 😊

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Like Ra - 22 Jan 2021

New rules will be in place in some EU countries. E.g. N95/FFP2/KN95 masks. Found the cheapest on Ali and ordered: FFP2 masks from FR/DE/IT/PL/SP/RU/AU/US/UK/CN The last time I bought from the stock in DE the parcel arrived in 1.5 days.

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - jtr765 - 16 Feb 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 22:17 )Like Ra Wrote: New rules will be in place in some EU countries. E.g. N95/FFP2/KN95 masks. Found the cheapest on Ali and ordered:  FFP2 masks from  FR/DE/IT/PL/SP/RU/AU/US/UK/CN The last time I bought from the stock in DE the parcel arrived in 1.5 days.

Bad luck, ordered from german stock, when you posted this. I'm still waiting for delivery..   Confused

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Like Ra - 16 Feb 2021

(16 Feb 2021, 00:07 )jtr765 Wrote: I'm still waiting for delivery.
Ask them if they have sent the order - AFAIK they have a quality issue with the whole batch (the elastics are too short) and everything was sent back to China, which is currently celebrating Chinese New Year.

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - madjack - 03 Mar 2021

Why not treat yourself to one (or more - you need at least 2, one for best and one for the wash) of these items:

s-l500.png thumbnail    - Kinky Covid-19 mask?

I'd love to say don't delay, there'll be no excuse for wearing one soon, but I fear the current situation may be around for many months to come...

Enjoy and stay safe

MJ

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - ltxrob - 04 Mar 2021

(03 Mar 2021, 17:24 )madjack Wrote: I'd love to say don't delay, there'll be no excuse for wearing one soon, but I fear the current situation may be around for many months to come...
agreed, I would say that masks in shops etc are here to stay for the foreseeable future!
I'm hoping that western society will adopt the common courtesy that many nation in the far east do by second nature these days of wearing a mask when you are unwell, like a cold for example.
When i've been in Japan its a common scene to see people walking down the street or in trains masked up.... long before covid19 was a thing

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Culmor - 17 Jun 2021

Here's some COVID-compliant hosiery.

image_0c11891e-539c-4800-906d-5015d38fa5ec_1024x1024@2x.jpg thumbnail     image_19125908-24ca-4953-bb86-42b2ec7fcd65_1024x1024@2x.jpg thumbnail   

d.bleu.dazzled (dbleudazzled.com)

RE: COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 info - Penguin - 20 Jun 2021

Don't be in too big a hurry to put those masks up just yet.

I expect the US is going to see yet another wave of Covid in the next few months.  Delta strain.

The estimated R₀ of Delta is somewhere between 5 and 8.  So there's just no way we're going to reach herd immunity threshold for this stuff before it shoves out the other strains and becomes the dominant strain circulating in North America. The way it's aeady done in England.
  • You reach herd immunity when the percentage of the population that's immune ≅ (Râ‚€ -1)/Râ‚€.
  • Assume optimistically that Delta's Râ‚€ is 5. Then we'll reach herd immunity when we get (5-1)/5 = 4/5 = 80% of the US population immune.
  • That is not happening and it's not going to.
  • And keeping Delta out isn't an option, it's aeady here.
So we're in for another wave.

Don't be too surprised if there's yet another wave after that.

Sinovac's efficacy rate of roughly 50% means that every country that relies on it is in for a hell of a rough ride.  But there's an evolutionary bow shock that affects everybody else, no matter what vaccine they're using.

Consider, for a moment, the following facts:
  • An emerging disease, particularly a virus, is under heavy selection pressure to improve at infecting humans.  The ones that fail gutter out.
  • An RNA virus is genetically unstable by its nature.  Covid is less so than most, but it still manages about 25 mutations per year.
  • An RNA virus' intrinsic (and minimum) mutation rate is governed by the specific RNA polymerase protein the virus codes for.
  • So every human who's down with this stuff is a walking Covid mutation engine, because it mutates precisely when it's replicating in a host.
  • If you vaccinate every single susceptible human in a given country with Sinovac, half of them will still remain susceptible anyway.
  • So we can, indeed must, expect further adaptive mutation of Covid.
  • So Covid will probably grow out new "variants of concern" after Delta has run its course.
Which means we may get hit by yet another wave, after Delta peaks and starts to trough.