Like Ra's Naughty Forum
RetroShare - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: RetroShare (/Thread-RetroShare)

RE: RetroShare - sylents - 10 Jan 2024

Does anyone have an pointers as to why Retroshare is suddenly not firing up? Tor is offline and its stuck at 30% bootstrap status. My first thought was to reboot but no luck.

RE: RetroShare - VulpineFoxs - 08 Feb 2024

I've tried setting up Retroshare but everyone I add is always offline. Have I done something wrong?

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 08 Feb 2024

(08 Feb 2024, 12:41 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: I've tried setting up Retroshare but everyone I add is always offline.
They have to add you back first.

(08 Feb 2024, 15:56 )Like Ra Wrote:
(08 Feb 2024, 12:41 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: I've tried setting up Retroshare but everyone I add is always offline.
They have to add you back first.

Ah! Things have happened. I think I'm starting to understand a bit of how RS works. I wonder, how many friends do you have?

(08 Feb 2024, 20:29 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: I wonder, how many friends do you have?
The question is not how many friends you have, but how many of them are active and have good connections. What I noticed is that if you keep the amount of friends around 1000 by constantly adding new peers and removing non-active ones (non-active for more, than ~600 days), the amount of active peers will be between 30 and 50.

In other words - keep adding friends and approving incoming ones (check the Activity tab and your RS mail).

(08 Feb 2024, 21:15 )Like Ra Wrote:
(08 Feb 2024, 20:29 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: I wonder, how many friends do you have?
The question is not how many friends you have, but how many of them are active and have good connections. What I noticed is that if you keep the amount of friends around 1000 by constantly adding new peers and removing non-active ones (non-active for more, than ~600 days), the amount of active peers will be between 30 and 50.

In other words - keep adding friends and approving incoming ones (check the Activity tab and your RS mail).

That makes sense. I'm guessing a big part of starting out is also just having patience 😋

(08 Feb 2024, 21:50 )VulpineFoxs Wrote: I'm guessing a big part of ..... is also just having patience 😋
Always and forever! Amen!

RE: RetroShare - VulpineFoxs - 15 Feb 2024

Hmm, after I updated my Windows and restarted my PC for the first time since starting to use Retroshare, it's now not opening.
Like, it opens. It appears to connect to TOR. But then it just stalls. The window is just white and not responding. Nothing is happening.

RE: RetroShare - Chloe - 12 Mar 2024

recently whenever I open the program it stops responding and I have to end the process.
It never fully loads it just freezes on launch

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 12 Mar 2024

It can be a Tor issue.