Like Ra's Naughty Forum
RetroShare - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: RetroShare (/Thread-RetroShare)

RE: RetroShare certs - benderftw - 06 Mar 2022

Oh and for everyone:
Don't forget to visit Network > Keyring and accept everyone to grow your network! If you're new you may not know this.

I don't know of a fast built-in way of accepting HUNDREDS of people... But I do know AutoHotKey. While this is not automation, it's 1 button press instead of a bunch of clicks.
1. Save the script below in a text document. Call it `Test.ahk` for example. Press the number 0 on top of your keyboard to automatically double click the user you're hovering over and accept the request (Assuming the  accept window is thesmallest size possible - You may need to manually open one and make it as small as it goes).

Code:
$0::
{
  Click
  Click
  Sleep 50
  ControlClick, x530 y530, Retroshare profile,, Left, 1, NA
  Send {enter}
}

RE: RetroShare certs - cinon - 12 Mar 2022

I've discovered that many of the performance problems are due to NAT and firewall restrictions.
Go into Preferences -> Network -> Hidden Service Configuration -> Incoming -> click Test (it can take a minute or two, be patient).
If Tor incoming ok turns green then people can connect to you. Otherwise you'll need to configure the router NAT and the firewall on your machine. If you are on windows then it's the default firewall.
When someone tries to connect to you, they have to go through the router first. The connection comes at the router at a certain port and the router has to be told that if a connection comes at a certain port, it should forward it to a certain internal IP address (it's going to be in the form of 192.168.XXX.XXX or 172.16.XXX.XXX or 10.XXX.XXX.XXX, as these are defined as private IP addresses).
Next is the firewall. You'll need to configure it to allow incoming connections for retroshare.
Once you do that, do the test again and it should turn green.

Btw you may want to limit retroshare speeds after you do this. The setting is in network configuration. I've set mine at 500 kB/s down and 250 kB/s up. I think that 20% of your full bandwidth is acceptable.

RE: RetroShare certs - y0ullneverguess - 28 Mar 2022

(07 Feb 2022, 22:52 )tinyboi2 Wrote: I get an error that says The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.
and tells me to go to
Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"
but there is no settings -> server

Has anyone solved this? Im getting the same

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 28 Mar 2022

(28 Mar 2022, 20:20 )udntknowjack Wrote: Has anyone solved this? Im getting the same
Just ignore it. Are you using Tor?

RE: RetroShare - y0ullneverguess - 29 Mar 2022

(28 Mar 2022, 20:45 )Like Ra Wrote:
(28 Mar 2022, 20:20 )udntknowjack Wrote: Has anyone solved this? Im getting the same
Just ignore it. Are you using Tor?

Yes I am

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 29 Mar 2022

Then it should work (Hidden/Darknet only mode)

RE: RetroShare - y0ullneverguess - 01 Apr 2022

retroshare://file?name

How do I use the retroshare urls? TY

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 01 Apr 2022

(01 Apr 2022, 18:43 )udntknowjack Wrote: How do I use the retroshare urls?

The easiest way it to copy the file name and search for it.

If Retroshare is installed correctly, retroshare: URLs should be associated with RS, so clicking on such links (for example, you can copy such link and paste it into the browser) should spawn RS.

RE: RetroShare - benderftw - 04 Apr 2022

I used to have a clearnet RetroShare install, but since I swapped to the tor RS, I can't use the Boards, Forums and Channels anymore? They are all completely empty. I can click the "+" to create a new channel/board/forum but nothing happens.
I receive Mail, Chats, friend requests, and share files in/out just fine. Super odd, and I can't find anything in settings...

Is there something I may be missing?

RE: RetroShare - benderftw - 05 Apr 2022

I responded last night, but my post has vanished...
I have 8-11 friends online all the time, total 1600

My cert:
ABBN5iq5pE0wBSxs9T7WYKYmAxRoZKC3m+3YFJtqc+LDve5IpcEmBgEQTWlzdHJlc3NMYXZlbmRlcpBEAAAAAiaWZ2RweXdjeWRu
emVsc29obGtvN3JheHdxamNka2hxdXljeHRkZmxuZHpkc2dyeG14b20zNHVsYWQub25pb26TBgEAAH8e/gQDjttN

EDIT: Same with the chat rooms. I can see chat servers, double-click to create an identity... It says I created an identity successfully... Then nothing happens. I see a bunch of channels including some hypno-themed chats.
The activity tab occasionally fills up with a few notifications, but they just stay on "Loading..." with a subscribe button