Like Ra's Naughty Forum
RetroShare - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: RetroShare (/Thread-RetroShare)

RE: RetroShare - pinkpanties - 07 Dec 2021

(07 Jul 2021, 01:11 )whatevzbra Wrote: help me out guys whenever I try to download files on this new build(.6.6) they will download but will not open, furthermore I can't find them anywhere on my laptop afterwords, note this all started happening after I updated it.

Edit: I've found out they just end up in the partials folder how do I get them out?

Also had this problem, you need to right click  on the retroshare-icon and choose "Run as administrator"

RE: RetroShare - krinlyc - 07 Dec 2021

(07 Dec 2021, 08:27 )pinkpanties Wrote:
(07 Jul 2021, 01:11 )whatevzbra Wrote: help me out guys whenever I try to download files on this new build(.6.6) they will download but will not open, furthermore I can't find them anywhere on my laptop afterwords, note this all started happening after I updated it.
Edit: I've found out they just end up in the partials folder how do I get them out?
Also had this problem, you need to right-click on the retroshare-icon and choose "Run as administrator"

Don't do that!

There has to be another solution for that kind of problem

krin

RE: RetroShare - a.7832 - 20 Dec 2021

Howdy. Posting because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get retroshare working. I've followed the guide to the letter, but wind up with an error on login that says "Sorry but Tor cannot be started on your system! The error reported is:"Unknown error""
I did try replacing the tor and tor-gencert files with new copies as well, but got no results. Can't really find any troubleshooting information (written in English - I have an abysmal understanding of networking) anywhere here or elsewhere. Help?

RE: RetroShare - StarBlazerBambi - 22 Dec 2021

when I download files it say "Waiting" is that right?

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 22 Dec 2021

(22 Dec 2021, 03:04 )StarBlazerBambi Wrote: when I download files it say "Waiting" is that right?
How many active/connected peers do you see?
Are you using tor (is there an onion icon at the bottom?)

RE: S@m4ntha B4nd13r/5eZ hypnosis - Weeble - 31 Dec 2021

Yeah, not having access to RS sucks for a lot of us. C'est la vie.

RE: S@m4ntha B4nd13r/5eZ hypnosis - spiraltone42 - 31 Dec 2021

My Retro has just randomly stopped working, the file directory never updates anymore

RE: RetroShare - G_Matik - 08 Jan 2022

Got RS up and running today.  Successfully set up tor, added certs, found "friend" files, etc.  I have an issue where i have now 100% downloaded multiple files but they are not appearing in downloads folder or anywhere else for that matter.  I have tried changing incoming directory to no avail.  There are files in the retroshare partials folder in appdata but no completed files in downloads or anyother chosen directory i might change it to.  When i right click 100% file and "open folder" "open file" or "play" file nothing happens or folder is empty.

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 08 Jan 2022

(08 Jan 2022, 00:37 )G_Matik Wrote: I have an issue where i have now 100% downloaded multiple files but they are not appearing in downloads folder or anywhere else for that matter. 
Sounds familiar - I've seen such complaints, but can't find the solution at the moment.

RE: RetroShare - G_Matik - 09 Jan 2022

(08 Jan 2022, 00:58 )Like Ra Wrote:
(08 Jan 2022, 00:37 )G_Matik Wrote: I have an issue where i have now 100% downloaded multiple files but they are not appearing in downloads folder or anywhere else for that matter. 
Sounds familiar - I've seen such complaints, but can't find the solution at the moment.

I was able to alleviate the issue by running RS in administrator mode.  I found this solution by a user in this thread that posted with the same issue.  It would seem that due to operating system most likely RS doesn't have the necessary security clearance to rewrite and move files.  Is there a safer way to grant these privileges? Is it dangerous to have RS running in admin mode? thx
Also important to note, all completed files were found in partial folder and were able to be played by adding (.mp3) or (.mp4) depending on kind of file. For those who don't want to run admin mode. you will have to classify and rename the files once completed.