Like Ra's Naughty Forum
RetroShare - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: RetroShare (/Thread-RetroShare)

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 12 Aug 2021

(12 Aug 2021, 03:00 )QueenAmber Wrote: however it always shows 1/81 friends online.
81 peers is pretty much nothing. Just keep adding certs.

RE: RetroShare - QueenAmber - 12 Aug 2021

(12 Aug 2021, 03:09 )Like Ra Wrote:
(12 Aug 2021, 03:00 )QueenAmber Wrote: however it always shows 1/81 friends online.
81 peers is pretty  much nothing. Just keep adding certs.

Where can I find the best places to add certs?
I've been adding people from the network keyring but everyone has been offline for 2+ days in there.

I saw you posted something about forums but I cant figure out where they are on retroshare and when I did click on it, it said I was only the one subscribed and popularity 0 and posts last seen never.
I subscribed to everything that was available on the menu.

This is so stressful ughhhh 😟

Also, why is DHT yellow and never green?

RE: RetroShare - QueenAmber - 13 Aug 2021

(12 Aug 2021, 23:02 )QueenAmber Wrote:
(12 Aug 2021, 05:09 )QueenAmber Wrote: Edit:

it seems that I am having issues with DHT and NAT:

[Image: UwF2ljQ.png]

Also, when I click on a friend that was online moments ago it is yellow and says tunnel pending.

So I switched routers, tried a different computer, I am starting to to think my ISP is responsible for this issue.

@Like Ra

RE: RetroShare - saffi_t - 27 Aug 2021

@Like Ra have you been able to connect to @bzorl ?  I am trying to setup a hidden node.  I think I got it working today, but unable to see him.  I used to share alot but my drive recently crashed.

RE: RetroShare - Whitegloves - 14 Sep 2021

How can I update my retroshare to the new version through a mac?

RE: RetroShare - Comet70726 - 01 Oct 2021

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get retroshare reinstalled. I haven't been able to get it set up properly ever since the update a few months ago. I gave up trying before because I got frustrated, but I want to try again. However, I'm constantly running into this error when I launch "Sorry but Tor cannot be started on your system! The error reported is:"Unknown error"". I have added the two lines to the bottom of torrc, and added the onion address to hostname.

Can anyone please help? I really want to share with y'all again.

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 01 Oct 2021

The recent RS comes with Tor built-in. Do you have a separate (non-related to RS) Tor installation?

RE: RetroShare - Comet70726 - 02 Oct 2021

(01 Oct 2021, 23:23 )Like Ra Wrote: The recent RS comes with Tor built-in. Do you have a separate (non-related to RS) Tor installation?

No, I picked the Retroshare (Portable, 64 bits, Tor executable included) Qt5,  choice.

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 02 Oct 2021

If Tor is built-in, it shouldn't require any configuration. But it might not start if it conflicts with another instance of Tor. Do you by any chance use the Tor-browser (Firefox with a built-in Tor)?

RE: RetroShare - Comet70726 - 02 Oct 2021

I use a basic version of Firefox.

Wait. If it doesn't need configuration, does that mean I don't need to follow the steps for changing torrc, or adding the hidden_services folder anymore?