Like Ra's Naughty Forum
RetroShare - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: RetroShare (/Thread-RetroShare)

RE: RetroShare - tarouza - 09 Feb 2021

On windows version, old hard drive with retroshare died on me, tryting to start over, downloaded the portable version with Tor, did the automatic tor setup, Im getting connections refused. am I missing something it says Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery" On top of my screen I don't have anything that says settings. I have preferences but when I go into that it does not say anything about a server anywhere. I go into network and it says network mode discovery on. Everything is green and it says tor is ok. I feel like I am missing something riduculously stupid here that will make me feel like a moron when i figure it out lol

RE: RetroShare certs - Blackshiinobi - 28 Feb 2021

(28 Feb 2021, 14:50 )Like Ra Wrote:
(28 Feb 2021, 10:34 )Blackshiinobi Wrote: Well that sucks then, nobody added me back yet, 3 people refused to connect with me even.
They either have to add your cert manually, or check the logs and "Accept" the connection attempt. Don't worry, it takes time. Just stay online and add more certs 😊
Yeaaaaah, I don't think that's it,I added everyone in this thread, I'm at 0/383 now , whenever I add a cert I get this message:

"The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.

Retroshare has tried All Known Addresses, with no success
The DHT is needed if your friends have Dynamic IP Addresses.
Only Advanced Retroshare users should switch off the DHT.

Go to Settings->Server and change config to "Public: DHT and Discovery"

And yesterday when I was following this retroshare windows configuration guide that you linked https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Thread-RetroShare?pid=43869#pid43869, I could get the tor incoming ok to be green. Today when I test it it just loads for a minute then goes dark.

Can someone help me please.

EDIT: Never mind about the tor incoming thingie, now it can go to green again, man this is so unnecessarily complicated. I still have the DHT problem tho.*

EDIT 2: Never mind again lol, I guess that DHT thingie doesn't even matter ? anyways whoever rogo7676 is, thanks for adding me, YAY am at 1/383.

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 28 Feb 2021

(28 Feb 2021, 17:28 )Blackshiinobi Wrote: The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.
Ignore it if you are in the DarkNet mode. Tor must be on, though.

RE: RetroShare - Blackshiinobi - 28 Feb 2021

(28 Feb 2021, 22:17 )Like Ra Wrote:
(28 Feb 2021, 17:28 )Blackshiinobi Wrote: The DHT is OFF, so Retroshare cannot find your Friends.
Ignore it if you are in the DarkNet mode. Tor must be on, though.

I'm on the hidden mode, Tor is on.

Sorry to bother you again 😟
I have a new issue again, when I try to launch RS it gets stuck at setting up Tor.
exactly at Tor bootstrap status: 90% (Establishing a Tor circuit)

(28 Feb 2021, 22:39 )Blackshiinobi Wrote: I'm on the hidden mode, Tor is on.
Exactly what I mean. Can you search for files?

(28 Feb 2021, 23:07 )Like Ra Wrote:
(28 Feb 2021, 22:39 )Blackshiinobi Wrote: I'm on the hidden mode, Tor is on.
Exactly what I mean. Can you search for files?

yeah I can see 1 guys files, sometimes he connects, am at 1/400, but my retroshare is acting so weird, sometimes randomly Tor incoming ok doesn't go green anymore, and sometimes I get stuck at setting up Tor when I try to launch RS.

What Tor have you got? The one, that comes with Tor Browser (firefox + tor), the one that comes with RS or a separate installation of Tor?

(28 Feb 2021, 23:41 )Like Ra Wrote: What Tor have you got? The one, that comes with Tor Browser (firefox + tor), the one that comes with RS or a separate installation of Tor?

The one that comes with RS I guess ? because I downloaded this RS: RetroShare-0.6.5-Windows-Portable-20190204-1-gfb005f041-Qt-5.12.0-tor

RE: RetroShare - Like Ra - 01 Mar 2021

Aha, I see. I can't comment on Windows, though, since I run RS + Tor + i2p + torrent in a virtual Linux environment on a NAS. All apps are separate from each other.