Like Ra's Naughty Forum
padlock alternatives - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-Bondage Techniques (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage-Techniques)
+--- Thread: padlock alternatives (/Thread-padlock-alternatives)

padlock alternatives - lugnuts - 11 Jul 2017

hmmm... you know, I wonder if a wrench/bolt would make a more reliably un-do-able lock than a regular padlock and key?

I'm always terrified the keyhole will end up somewhere I can't get the key lined up to go in. It seems like a fiddly, iffy act.

If you arranged things so getting out involved removing a nut, you'd need the wrench. Of course you also need wrench to tighten it, so you'll have to have a separate 'tightening' wrench you toss into a corner.

I'm also wondering about different kind of padlocks.

I used to have a magnetic padlock.  The key was a little wand, about the size and shape of 'chiclets' gum, you put it on the side of the lock, the hasp opened.

LOL - looked one up on amazon just to make sure of my memory. The one I found has this great ad copy:
  • Fun alternative to standard padlocks. Easier to use than keyed or combination padlocks

Also was amused that the 'people who bought this often also buy' offerings made it pretty clear most people were NOT buying it to keep their garden tools from being stolen.

Thoughts on alternatives to padlocks? Kinds of padlocks? The problem of getting the key in the hole?

RE: padlock alternatives - Strappado - 11 Jul 2017

There are padlocks with symmetrical keys, easy to get in, because they work either way. However, a hairpin or similar device, often even a soft piece of wire will open it as well. Apart from that, I think, it is a matter of practise and good planning, then you should be able to use any style of padlock. But I assume, that many people don't want to wait, until they are proficient enough...

As for wrenches, you could fix one on a rubber band and an ice block, so it snaps out of reach (careful, it could land on a wardrobe).

Another alternative to padlocks could be shackles, that lock with a screwable pin. These Pins often have a hole on one side, so you can screw it really tight with a screwdriver or another rod that you stick through that hole. However, a screwdriver falling from the ceiling might not be a good idea, better use something less pointy. https://de.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A9mSs2QsPmVZgXMAzmozCQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTB0ZTgxN3Q0BGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=shackle&fr2=piv-web&fr=moz35

And, of course, there are cable ties

RE: padlock alternatives - lugnuts - 12 Jul 2017

I like the shackle idea.

To turn the pin, you need to have something preventing the shackle from rotating . If it's in midair, that means you need both hands, or it needs fixed somewhere.

RE: padlock alternatives - Like Ra - 12 Jul 2017

My body clearly reacts differently to different subliminals. It's repeatable.

Just a note. I have lots of minerals on my desk. I wonder if they work as amplifiers.

RE: padlock alternatives - Strappado - 12 Jul 2017

When the shackle is attached to something, it can't rotate much. Better test it in a dry run, but I think, it is safe. In the worst case, you need both hands. The main trouble with all kinds of manual locking devices (including knots) is, that you need to be able to reach them and have the dexterity for all necessary operations.

RE: padlock alternatives - Like Ra - 12 Jul 2017

(12 Jul 2017, 22:21 )Strappado Wrote: including knots
Knots assume rope. And rope can be cut with a knife. Irons is a different story. One of the reasons I bought quite a few KUB hand- and leg-cuffs. They are inescapable. Some of them inescapable even if you have the key (if you are alone) 😁

RE: padlock alternatives - Strappado - 18 Jul 2017

You still need to be able to use the knife without cutting yourself. My point was, that you should always make sure you can open something before you lock it onto yourself.