Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Video editing software - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Various technical topics (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Various-technical-topics)
+--- Thread: Video editing software (/Thread-Video-editing-software)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Video editing software - ltxrob - 03 Jan 2022

I've been using cyberlink Powerdirector for a few years now...
Pretty powerful, certainly more powerful that I ever use or need
but started when it was a "newish player" in the game and was able to snag a freeby 😇 so stuck with it and actually paid money for it..

But the Kdenlive definitely look good, and such a small install too, will probably stick that on my work laptop as I've often needed something, but so far always resorted to sticking it a USB and doing the minor job like resize or trim on home PC

RE: Video editing software - Like Ra - 03 Jan 2022

(03 Jan 2022, 01:44 )latexkid99 Wrote: @Like Ra Done much video editing recently?
Not much, but I've been playing with speech recognition a lot. They also changed interface in the last releases, so it takes time to find the features, that used to be "here" and "there" 😆

(03 Jan 2022, 08:15 )jtr765 Wrote: Davinci Resolve
I remember DR did not work for me. Downloading the new Linux version now.

RE: Video editing software - B1u3 - 03 Jan 2022

2020 I had to fiddle around a lot with video stuff for our church. "Digitalisation of service" meant at first place filming the separated parts of the sunday service, process the outcome and assemble it to one uploadable video for Youtube. For this I used ShotCut, as I think a really versatile tool. Handbrake especially helps with recoding.
Luckily around one year ago we established streaming, this reduces the workload a lot.

Before I had for long years some stuff done with VirtualDub, but I guess this software is not any longer maintained.

For my son's presentation I went through pretty much all available free video editors for Linux (close to a dozen). I needed green screen support, overlays, audio sync, filters and more or less intuitive interface. Kdenlive was the only one that met all the criteria.

RE: Video editing software - Anne - 03 Jan 2022

For green screen I use Natron or Blender as they have powerfull node editing, then put everything together in Kdenlive.

RE: Video editing software - Bound Whore - 04 Jan 2022

Davinci is really great. Looks intimidating at first, but the basics are easy to grasp and there are tons of tutorials on YT to get used to the tools and the slightly different workflow when it comes to Fusion.

RE: Video editing software - Like Ra - 04 Jan 2022

(04 Jan 2022, 11:34 )Bound Whore Wrote: Davinci is really great.
So far it does not work for me - it does not recognize/play any video. It treats MOV/MP4 files as audio only. It shows, that something is playing, but no sound and no picture 😕 It did not recognize any VST filters I aeady have installed on my system. The window can not be resized. And so on... So, for the time being, it's unusable under Linux, unfortunately. I've installed the latest 17.4.3 build 10.

Back to Kdenlive...