Like Ra's Naughty Forum
The best ear-plugs - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-Bondage Techniques (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage-Techniques)
+--- Thread: The best ear-plugs (/Thread-The-best-ear-plugs)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The best ear-plugs - BoundWolf - 05 Mar 2017

(09 Dec 2016, 08:53 )madjack Wrote: I've also read a lot about using 'white noise' to enhance bondage scenarios, but have no experience of this - has anyone tried it?

MJ

I have.  It is great for sensory deprivation - even having it turned fairly low will cover up most other sounds.  Combine that with a blindfold and you can get into almost a trance - after a while, I almost felt like I was floating.  Good stuff.

RE: The best ear-plugs - Like Ra - 05 Mar 2017

(05 Mar 2017, 07:30 )BoundWolf Wrote: I'm an audiophile
Yeah, same problem 😉
(05 Mar 2017, 07:30 )BoundWolf Wrote: had bought the Bose
Bose is considered evil in the hi-end world 😁
(05 Mar 2017, 07:30 )BoundWolf Wrote: they are an amazing sensory deprivation tool.
A friend of ours has these phones. I can't say they cancel all sounds, because you can easily talk with someone with the Bose on, unlike some closed over-the-ear phone (when the ears are inside), when you can hear only yourself (via the bones).

But the combination of noise cancelling and music (or natural sounds, like rain, or... whatever you prefer) is really good.

RE: The best ear-plugs - Like Ra - 05 Mar 2017

While preparing for exams, my kids use something like this:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6kn9_U8qk

RE: The best ear-plugs - BoundWolf - 07 Mar 2017

(05 Mar 2017, 16:36 )Like Ra Wrote:
Quote:had bought the Bose
Bose is considered evil in the hi-end world [Image: biggrin.gif]
That may be true (and to be fair, I have a pair of Sennheisers with a flat frequency response that I use when I'm actually doing audio work). However, Bose has got it down with their noise cancellation - a couple different sources that I trust put them far and away at the top of the list for that.

RE: The best ear-plugs - Like Ra - 03 Aug 2017

(04 Mar 2017, 00:29 )Like Ra Wrote: this is what I found: waterproof wireless bluetooth earphones

[Image: post_2_1488583553_b12b3303e22b01a5e1fcd3..._thumb.jpg]   

10-12 hours of continuous play should be more, than enough for a self-bondage session
I bought them, they arrived and are working fine so far 😉

RE: The best ear-plugs - odddnine - 07 Sep 2017

One thing about foam ear plugs - maybe this is something everybody but me knew, but there's a "correct" way to insert them. I recommend doing a quick search for videos which demonstrate them (usually for industrial safety), but the key is that they should be rolled up (with clean hands) until they are very compact, and then insert them and hold them gently in place until they expand and settle in place.

Properly done, this will not only block noise much more effectively, but also cuts down a lot on the "echo" that is very annoying, and with a little practice, most people can wear them throughout an entire night of sleep without any discomfort at all.

RE: The best ear-plugs - BoundWolf - 08 Sep 2017

(07 Sep 2017, 15:14 )odddnine Wrote: One thing about foam ear plugs - maybe this is something everybody but me knew, but there's a "correct" way to insert them. I recommend doing a quick search for videos which demonstrate them (usually for industrial safety), but the key is that they should be rolled up (with clean hands) until they are very compact, and then insert them and hold them gently in place until they expand and settle in place.

An additional tip is to wet them slightly (even just licking your finger then wiping it on the plug is enough) - this helps them slide in much more easily.  As we all know, lubrication makes insertion easier 😉

RE: The best ear-plugs - occorics - 08 Sep 2017

(05 Mar 2017, 16:40 )Like Ra Wrote: While preparing for exams, my kids use something like this:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6kn9_U8qk

I like https://mynoise.net/
Nice thing is, that you can calibrate it to your hearing-curve

RE: The best ear-plugs - odddnine - 04 May 2018

(08 Sep 2017, 05:58 )BoundWolf Wrote:
(07 Sep 2017, 15:14 )odddnine Wrote: One thing about foam ear plugs - maybe this is something everybody but me knew, but there's a "correct" way to insert them. I recommend doing a quick search for videos which demonstrate them (usually for industrial safety), but the key is that they should be rolled up (with clean hands) until they are very compact, and then insert them and hold them gently in place until they expand and settle in place.

An additional tip is to wet them slightly (even just licking your finger then wiping it on the plug is enough) - this helps them slide in much more easily.  As we all know, lubrication makes insertion easier 😉

I'm not an audiologist, but I have heard of one. (Thanks, I'm here all week)

I personally would avoid putting saliva inside the ear, especially if it's going to be there for hours - like for sleep. There are a number of different materials that earplugs are made from, and if you're interested in the idea of sound deprivation for kinky or just everyday uses, one of the best finds I had was a shop that sold a pack of about 50 different types of earplugs - one pair of each - along with a little reference sheet that had the material, noise reduction rating, and a (subjective) "softness" rating. 

I also wear a pair of Shure IEM's (in-ear monitors) and experimented a bit before finding the right style and size tip that I could put them on and forget I was wearing them. 

The ear canal is delicate and sensitive, and one of the most intimate sensations I've felt while being bound was having a pair of ear plugs inserted in my ears - I'm pretty sure they have more nerve endings than almost any orifice on the body - so, play careful, but do play - a shame to overlook such a wonderfully sensitive part of the body!

RE: The best ear-plugs - madjack - 04 May 2018

(04 May 2018, 05:01 )odddnine Wrote: one of the most intimate sensations I've felt while being bound was having a pair of ear plugs inserted in my ears

I'd never considered this as an erotic event, but now you've described it I can imagine it would be seriously sensual - wow! Also, that session sounds (ha!) very interesting.

Thanks for sharing your experience

MJ