Like Ra's Naughty Forum
A keep straight pole - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Self-Bondage (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage)
+--- Forum: Self-Bondage Techniques (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Self-Bondage-Techniques)
+--- Thread: A keep straight pole (/Thread-A-keep-straight-pole)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A keep straight pole - ltxrob - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 02:22 )Will90MeeG Wrote: With Itxrob's sketch I would change the collar to a chest harness or even a shoulder blade harness. The pole can have an attachment point at the top to secure to a bed horizontally/vertically or whatever.

Yes this is a good thought.
The link to collar won't be rigid, but rather a karabiner that can swivel and move a fair bit. The aim is to just hold it straight along the body.

But I'll try it uncommitted and see how it is, if it feels wrong an upper chest or shoulder wrap harness is a good idea.

RE: A keep straight pole - ltxrob - 24 Jan 2017

Well shopping occurred today...
pipe, wood for centre and screw in eye bolts aquired.
:-D

RE: A keep straight pole - Like Ra - 24 Jan 2017

Instead of a collar I would use a harness gag with a D-ring on the crown. Then connect the D-ring to the pipe.

RE: A keep straight pole - madjack - 24 Jan 2017

Ra's comments about using a D-ring and shackle reminded me of a problem I'd been thinking over for a while.

How to attach rings/eyes/cuffs/etc to the plastic pipe without damaging it or weakening it.

@likera avoided this problem in his session by simply using rope to bind himself to the pole, but I think @ltxrob and his design needs there to be fixing points on the pole.

My experience with these poles is that they are ok if used with a spread load (as by Ra), but they bend very easily if you either weaken them or focus load in specific areas (e.g. with bolts or screws for fixing cuffs)

10 bent.JPG thumbnail    - when a plastic pipe is pushed beyond its design parameters (i.e. by me for bondage! 😁 )

One idea I've had is to use wooden dowels inside the pipe(snug fitting) to reinforce areas, but maybe someone has a better idea?

MJ

RE: A keep straight pole - krinlyc - 24 Jan 2017

fill it with sand

RE: A keep straight pole - madjack - 24 Jan 2017

(24 Jan 2017, 20:05 )krinlyc Wrote: fill it with sand

Genius!  Good

And the extra weight will add to the experience too

Well suggested sir!

MJ

madjack Wrote:One idea I've had is to use wooden dowels inside the pipe(snug fitting) to reinforce areas, but maybe someone has a better idea?

MJ

That's basically what I'm doing.
41mm waste pipe with a piece of 25x25mm planed square timber inside it.
I may have to slightly offset the eye bolts in a few spots, but if I drill into the corners of the inner wood I should have plenty of bite for the eye bolts.

I've also purchase an inline connector of a slightly larger pipe size and buzzed out the inner step... this allows it to slide up and down. I plan to have this and the elbow tie on a rope loop so I can pull it up and down and pin my upper arms with the bike inner tube.

RE: A keep straight pole - madjack - 25 Jan 2017

Thought this might be of interest to anyone planning a 'pole self-bondage' adventure:

tumblr_oip2a5cupq1unz3vlo1_1280.jpg thumbnail    - this one if a 'face front' method, but I can see self-bondage opportunities

MJ

RE: A keep straight pole - Like Ra - 25 Jan 2017

(24 Jan 2017, 18:00 )madjack Wrote: How to attach rings/eyes/cuffs/etc to the plastic pipe without damaging it or weakening it.
I use these things (I don't know what they are called. Yokes?)

IMG_3861-yokes.jpg thumbnail   

They are sold in the same sewage department as the pipes.