Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Socionics and personality types - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: General discussion (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-General-discussion)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Off-topic)
+--- Thread: Socionics and personality types (/Thread-Socionics-and-personality-types)

Socionics and personality types - vanessa_fetish - 13 Jan 2015

(10 Jan 2015, 15:22 )Like Ra Wrote: Something for your office? ;P

bdsm-mug-01.jpg thumbnail   

BDSM mug
Too bad they got what the letters stand for wrong...

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - Like Ra - 13 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 01:00 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: Too bad they got what the letters stand for wrong...
Why? Looks OK to me.

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - vanessa_fetish - 14 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 02:15 )Like Ra Wrote:
(13 Jan 2015, 01:00 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: Too bad they got what the letters stand for wrong...
Why? Looks OK to me.

BDSM

BD - Bondage & Discipline

DS - Domination & Submission

SM - Sadism & Masochism

Not what was on it 😋

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - Like Ra - 14 Jan 2015

This is exactly what's on the mug, but grouped by single letters:

B - Bondage
D - Discipline, Dominance
S - Sadism, Submission
M - Masochism

(14 Jan 2015, 09:25 )Like Ra Wrote: This is exactly what's on the mug, but grouped by single letters:

B - Bondage
D - Discipline, Dominance
S - Sadism, Submission
M - Masochism

I know, but the actual BDSM community doesn't put them that way 😉 It makes it confusing when trying to educate on what it is as well (ie submission and sadism are not the same). So it isn't the same, plus in my 20+ years in it, only heard those who were new use similar to what is on the mug.

Cute idea, but would actually sell in the BDSM community better if done other way. This will just cater to those who are "50 Shades" types (ie those who think that book is about BDSM when it is just about an abusive relationship in reality)

(14 Jan 2015, 20:23 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: the actual BDSM community doesn't put them that way
Cute idea, but would actually sell in the BDSM community better if done other way.
I do not think, that anybody cares. Anyway, it's BDSM and not BDDSSM 😁

(14 Jan 2015, 20:41 )Like Ra Wrote:
(14 Jan 2015, 20:23 )vanessa_fetish Wrote: the actual BDSM community doesn't put them that way
Cute idea, but would actually sell in the BDSM community better if done other way.
I do not think, that anybody cares. Anyway, it's BDSM and not BDDSSM 😁

People should care

BD

DS

SM

SIMPLE.

BD - Bondage & Discipline

DS - Domination & Submission

SM - Sadism & Masochism

THUS: it IS *BDSM* not what you tried to be sarcastic about.

OK, let's follow your "the only explanation of BDSM possible" way. What design would you suggest? BDS/DSM? BDDSSM? Do you think the mug will have more success that way?

Now let's go back to the "roots". Not the BDSM roots, but the socionics. Every person has the so called "normative function" (there are 8 functions in total). For two types of personality, it's the structural logic, for other two (there are 16 in total) it's personal relations, etc. The normative function is very weak and sees everything in black&white (or zeroes and ones), with no gradation in between.

For the first two types mentioned, BDSM (or any other term) has the only possible explanation and vice versa. All others are considered as not correct or plainly wrong. Time or an event can change the definition, but from that moment it will be a new "constant". The previous will be considered as wrong.

For the second pair of people it's impossible to have different relations with the same person. It's only one regardless the situation. Time or event can change the relationships, but from this moment it will be a new constant. For example, if a person makes something bad to you, no relationships are possible with such person. This person will be avoided forever or until a new event happens.

"Strong" functions are always flexible. The stronger the function, the more gradations or possibilities it can "see" or "produce".

Look here if you are curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics

See what I mean? 😉

Or, another good example . Phrases like: "Everybody knows, that..." immediately points to the weakest or normative function.

For example: everybody knows, that flesh coloured pantyhose is a very bad choice. Everybody knows, that meat should be roasted 2min on one side and 1.5min on the other. Everybody knows, that Audi TT is ugly.

In this example the weakest function is "physical sensations" (or sense of harmony).

RE: Miscellaneous fetish items on eBay - vanessa_fetish - 15 Jan 2015

There's no talking to you, ra. You're stuck in your thinking and will never accept things that is not to your thinking.

The definition I gave is what the BDSM *COMMUNITY* uses. Maybe not those who are stuck behind computers and are armchair quarterbacks, but to those of us who actually live it, it is. So the one I gave is the one that matters.

I likely won't be on here much longer, the board has turned into a "Like Ra Fanclub" where mocking another persons fetish or like (ie "flaccid of the day") is ok, and borderline pedophilia is posted.