Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Hi-Fi and Hi-End audio stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The discussion began here: http://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showthread.php?tid=756

(09 Oct 2011, 08:55 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm... Blush

Wrong price category 😉
I'm not even sure what the second one does...
(09 Oct 2011, 10:49 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]what the second one does...

This is an amplifier for 650000$
You have to wonder why to play a recording you need an amp better than the kit used to make the recording in the first place...anyway, it all makes my Linn/Musical Fidelity/vintage Tannoy kit look a bit feeble...😟
(09 Oct 2011, 18:53 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]Linn/Musical Fidelity/vintage Tannoy

He-he, all British made. Can't call it pure English sound, because MF and Tannoy are Scottish companies 😉
I love this forum!

😁

Where else could a simple posting about a vacuum bag on eBay and self bondage become morphed into a debate about hi-end audio equipment and where it was manufactured 🤔

MJ

Ps.. Linn? Doesn't that mean you're a 'flat earth' believer? 😁
(10 Oct 2011, 10:49 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Where else could a simple posting about a vacuum bag on eBay and self bondage become morphed into a debate about hi-end audio equipment and where it was manufactured 🤔
Maniacs are everywhere 😉

(10 Oct 2011, 10:49 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Linn? Doesn't that mean you're a 'flat earth' believer?

They do make some very good things (hey, they made one of the best CD players - CD12, the famous and legendary turntable Sondek LP12, and their fantastic Klimax line?) and they are even compatible with devices from other manufacturers. So I can't call it "flat Earth".

OTOH, it's all about personal preferences, right? Linn has a "signature" of "dry" sound I do not like. Speaking of "English" products I prefer Meridian (still have a CD/DVD player I do not use anymore) and dCS.
Its always interesting what wide variety of topics come up here...😊

Oh, and keep up the talk about HiFi!
(09 Oct 2011, 18:25 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(09 Oct 2011, 10:49 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]what the second one does...

This is an amplifier for 650000$

*outch*
Madjack wrote:
Quote:Ps.. Linn? Doesn't that mean you're a 'flat earth' believer?

Not really, I've owned my LP12/Ittok (with various cartridges) for about twenty-five years now and I'd rather continue to run it than replace my vinyl collection (if that were possible).

The hi-fi stuff should probably be moved off-topic though. Like Ra?