Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Responsive theme for the forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we need a responsive (aka "mobile-friendly") theme for the forum?

Examples: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ategory=30

You should be able to choose the theme in the user panel.

If yes, which one from the list above would you pick?
As long as it respects the choice of desktop user agent on mobile browsers, I'm indifferent.
Sadly, far too often "mobile friendly" a.k.a. "forced giant and hidden everything" websites push still reduced version even when user's browser is set to desktop user agent.

What I think could use the most love, though, is the image viewer. It's the only part of the site that isn't perfectly comfortable to use on a phone for me.
(07 Aug 2023, 23:42 )Pseudo_Sissy Wrote: [ -> ]As long as it respects the choice of desktop user agent on mobile browsers, I'm indifferent.
Yes, this is a very good point, as I prefer the desktop version even on the mobile devices. However, Google does not like it and severely punishes the site.

(07 Aug 2023, 23:42 )Pseudo_Sissy Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, far too often "mobile friendly" a.k.a. "forced giant and hidden everything" websites push still reduced version even when user's browser is set to desktop user agent.
Yes, another very good point. And usually you have no idea what is responsible for what you actually see 😆

(07 Aug 2023, 23:42 )Pseudo_Sissy Wrote: [ -> ]What I think could use the most love, though, is the image viewer. It's the only part of the site that isn't perfectly comfortable to use on a phone for me.

I seriously doubt that anything is done to improve it. The current version is the best I could find, as MyBB was never meant to be used as an image board. Here's the dedicated thread: https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/showth...p?tid=1139
OK, I added a mobile theme to use by search engines only. Let's see if it helps the ranking.
(24 Aug 2023, 23:33 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I added a mobile theme to use by search engines only. Let's see if it helps the ranking.

[attachment=60870][attachment=60869]

Google is happy, but the page ranking is yet to see the improvements...