Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: PVC vs Latex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very new to PVC but fairly comfortable with latex and I’m interested in trying some PVC. How does PVC feel compared to latex? Is it smooth and easy to wear like chlorinated latex or is it kind of grippy like non-chlorinated latex? For example, if I buy a loose-fitting catsuit or pants, would it feel like a pair of loose street clothes or will it tend to stick to my legs and body as non-chlorinated latex does?

Thank you and I look forward to your answers!
Feels like plastic. It IS plastic!
Smooth, shiny, doesn't stick, doesn't stretch.
I would distinguish between pure PVC, unstretchable PVC lacquer coating, and stretchable PVC coating (think of Realise swimsuits).
(09 Nov 2021, 21:53 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]I would distinguish between pure PVC, unstretchable PVC lacquer coating, and stretchable PVC coating (think of Realise swimsuits).

In this case I’m referring to pure PVC. Like anything you would find at PVC-U-Like, Make It Kinky, etc.
Actually, there is not that "pure PVC" product. Well there maybe is - but there is no clothing made of "pure PVC". Because "pure PVC" is not very stable. Even PVC tubes and pipes and windows frames and such have lots of additives that give special aspects to the PVC product. Such as resistance to heat and UV-Light (Sun), resistance to flames and so on. And with clothes, you additionally need "soft PVC", that means there are some additions in the product, that there are some plasticizers in the PVC. With pure PVC your clothes would be hard like an egg shell. And depending on product and manufacturer, there are up to 40% or even 50% plasticizers in the product. And with that, you can even get some real stretchy PVC products. So for example PVC panties (or coats) can almost feel like some kind of rubberish panties, that are even sticky a bit somehow. Or they can feel like just made out of old garbage bags. It really depends on the material used to glue/sew/weld them. (yes, even soft PVC actually can be welded.. ). And it really depends on the manufacturer and product how that pvc clothes actually feel. Oh - and it really depends on manufacturer and product how those clothes do smell, too.
I tried to reply to this earlier, but didn't get to the point. Here is the second attempt, where I will try to stick to your posts.

- how does PVC feel compared to latex
Usually, it feels different, some materials come close to some of the latex properties. Look for "rubbery", "soft", "smooth" and the like in the material description.

- will it tend to stick to my legs and body
It doesn't stick much to skin, until you sweat. The sweat seals the surfaces of PVC and skin and create a vacuum, quite the same as between latex and skin. If the sweat dries, it might still stick.
However, some PVC material can stick a lot to itself, when dry. You can use talcum powder (and probably lube as well) to prevent that.

Generally, I think, that someone who loves latex won't necessarily love PVC as well and vice versa. They are somewhat alike and also quite different.

From PVC-U-Like you can order a package of samples of various materials. This might be a good start to get a better idea about PVC. Or, if you can, go to real shops.