Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: FIRE and self bondage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don’t really know how to post this.
A while back, a fellow poster talked about an inescapable self bondage that he/she did. While I and others enjoyed the story, it just hit me that I may never, and I mean NEVER do self bondage ever again. Sure, I play with chastity and gags and a bit of cross-dressing, but all out full blown self-bondage... nope, that’s out. Never again. Not after the fire.

What scares me the most about all of this, is that you can do all the escape plans, figure out everything in advance and you will die because of a fire. Whether it’s in the house or your whole town. If you're bound, and there is a wildfire, you can or will die before you get to your escape plan. This really hit me hard when my home, town and friends lost all of their homes to the Camp Fire in November of 2018. I lost everything. My toys, bondage equipment, cross-dressing outfits and many other items and friends and family that can not be replaced. I don’t care what you say, but you will never, never know what it’s it like to be bound and finding that your house is on fire, and you're stuck in selfbondage.

Yea, you are going to die. Burned to death doing what you love.

As hot me, all I have are memories.
Lost my house, lost my Mom, lost my Brother, lost my friends and last of all, I have lost all desire for self-bondage.

No pity please. This is life. It happens.

But never again will do bondage unless I have a second or third person around.

And now, we have the Dixe Fire and the nightmares are returning. And it’s hard to be brave, especially when you are alone with no friends or family.

Mr. V
Paradise, California 
USA
This just in.......

A friend of mine just moved into a small house in Colfax, Calif. They have been living in a motor home for over a year because of COVID-19. Last nite they had there first home cooked meal in over a year.

Knock... Knock...

It’s the police. Colfax is being evaluated. The sky is raining ashes and embers.

I know what he and his wife are going through. At least he has a motor home and hours to get out. All I had was a truck and less than 15 minutes.
A couple of weeks ago we had a terrible flooding in EU (mostly DE, BE, AT and NL). The water level was increasing with the speed of 1 meter per minute. Some people did not have time to climb the stairs. In China it was even worse. Now the South of Europe is on fire. Fire, floodings, tsunamis, hurricanes, falling airplanes and space debris... Even sleeping has become dangerous...
I read you. I had family and friends In ZhengZhou when it flooded to biblical proportions, they were only saved by being in the old Town which had a massive pond that water could drain into. Only a few months ago we had power outages in truly freezing temperatures. To be honest one of the major appeals I had with self bondage was the aspect of control and the lack of choice it gave you afterwards. You will get what you prepare to do to yourself. The world is a different matter all together.

Everyone I know doesn't care because of their wealth and seeming invulnerability. They live a life of "It can't happen here." Happened for hurricanes, power outages, covid and now climate change. I have been trying at this rate for a few years to get people I know to prepare or invest in preparedness. Whether that be steel shutters for buildings or just some stored food, water, a gas grill or whatever else. Nobody seems to care. People thought I was just paranoid when we bought P100 respirators before the world understood covid was not that lethal.

While sad I just live a life of prepare for bad shit but just do what you love. I get that I may die any day from disasters but it just isn't worth thinking about. I realize that I get to watch the world wither and die and that the future is bleak but I can't do anything but watch and live. If I give up on things like self bondage then I lose the reason to even move forwards in this world.

Ps are you aight Tinker D? Just asking as you said you have 15 minutes to load a truck. If you need any help let us know. It appears I misread the post a bit as I assume the 15 minutes was in 2018, offer still stands.
Hmm. I do wonder if their is a way to make it safer though. I have an idea, maybe not a good one but not horrible. If you have a device that can detect sound you could trigger it to work as soon as it detects a loud noise. You could have it be triggered by smoke alarms, a phone connected to a speaker that gets weather alerts or just a clicker as a failsafe.
(05 Aug 2021, 05:45 )Lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I do wonder if their is a way to make it safer though. I have an idea, maybe not a good one but not horrible. If you have a device that can detect sound you could trigger it to work as soon as it detects a loud noise. You could have it be triggered by smoke alarms, a phone connected to a speaker that gets weather alerts or just a clicker as a failsafe.

They make smoke alarms with a relay output that are used to be connected with alarm systems.  Smoke alarm goes off, security monitoring center is notified.  You could just use one of those smoke alarms or security systems to disable an electronic based bondage if an emergency event happens at home.  Also, I believe it's now part of the building code to use smoke alarms that can trigger each other as part of a new house build, meaning, smoke is detected in the kitchen, all smoke alarms in the house go off together.  If they're the type that trigger each other, then they have outputs.  If you're building something like this from scratch, make sure you get something that's UL listed (or the European equivalent) as those are tested for functionality after a lot of severe abuse.  Don't shop on aliexpress for safety products.
C'est horrible, mais il y a des accidents mortels sur la route et nous prenons toujours la voiture.
Là où il y a la vie, il y a la mort. Nous ne devrions pas arrêter de vivre/jouer/juste essayer d'être aussi prudents que possible.

It's horrible, but there are fatal accidents on the road and we always take the car.
Where there is life, there is death. We shouldn't stop living/playing/just trying to be as safe as possible.
(14 Mar 2024, 08:01 )Marc Wrote: [ -> ]C'est horrible, mais il y a des accidents mortels sur la route et nous prenons toujours la voiture.
Là où il y a la vie, il y a la mort. Nous ne devrions pas arrêter de vivre/jouer/juste essayer d'être aussi prudents que possible.
Exact, sinon, on finie par ne plus rien faire.

Correct, otherwise we end up doing nothing.