Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Kinkprojects.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's been some controversy on fetlife regarding a new website to popup called kinkprojects.com.  Apparently, quite a few people received marketing emails seemingly out of the blue and were confused as to how this company had their email addresses.  The timing of this is also interesting as the latex community is experiencing quite a public divorce with regards to latex catfish and the US counterpart, catfish imports.  If you do a WHO IS search, you can see that kinkprojects.com was registered in September 2020, in China.  Some people think that they might be latex catfish rebranding and that's why the marketing emails were sent out to latex clothing customers.  The thing is, I am a latex catfish customer and I did not receive one of those emails so I'm not sure I believe that's what is happening.  Also, the website was registered before the latex catfish drama started so it would have been some incredible foresight on latex catfish's part to build a new brand ahead of that fiasco.  Interestingly, there are some similarities between the kinkprojects and latex catfish websites.  I looked around and even found some outright plagiarism in the how to care for latex section of both websites but it's China so not really surprising.  It might be that kinkprojects just wanted a nice functioning website so they looked to the other successful Chinese latex company for inspiration in web design.  I've been thinking about ordering something small from them just to get an idea of quality.  If I do, I will try to remember to review it here.

Did anyone from this site get a marketing email from kinkprojects?
Website looks good I agree,
Prices are similar to where LC was poised in the market place.
There is definately a srong similarity to the items that they offer, including the M2M...... and Chlorination service, not many places offer that quite as readily as everything else.
Will definately keep an eye out for community feedback..

But like you @essanym i was a LC customer and have received to emails.
(01 Jan 2021, 20:32 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]But like you @essanym i was a LC customer and have received to emails.

no emails*
(02 Jan 2021, 06:28 )essanym Wrote: [ -> ]
(01 Jan 2021, 20:32 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]But like you @essanym i was a LC customer and have received to emails.

no emails*

Fat finger issues apparently!  😋 😁
Old thread I know, but a datapoint; I'm still waiting on an order I placed with these folks at the beginning of last November (5 months now). I received an update late January claiming the order had moved to pattern-making, but I am not optimistic.
(21 Mar 2023, 01:51 )unlocal Wrote: [ -> ]Old thread I know, but a datapoint; I'm still waiting on an order I placed with these folks at the beginning of last November (5 months now). I received an update late January claiming the order had moved to pattern-making, but I am not optimistic.

It took me around 8 months to get a m2m catsuit and corset from them.
(21 Mar 2023, 01:51 )unlocal Wrote: [ -> ]Old thread I know, but a datapoint; I'm still waiting on an order I placed with these folks at the beginning of last November (5 months now). I received an update late January claiming the order had moved to pattern-making, but I am not optimistic.

my recent orders have been in the 6 months range 
One received in Dec and one in Feb
(26 Mar 2023, 10:02 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]

my recent orders have been in the 6 months range 
One received in Dec and one in Feb

Thanks (belatedly!) for the reassurance. It did eventually arrive, and quite satisfactory apart from the wait!
been thinking it's about time to order more!! 😁